Unexpected

✧・:♥ A HEARTBEAT AWAY ♥:・✧

Shinwoo's loud ringtone broke through the silence moment in the elevator. It was me who pushed him away with a gasp of - maybe shock. I felt the heat rushing up my cheeks. 

He stared into my eyes for a while, his gaze was so soft and conforting. Then he turned around to pick up the call while the elevator's door slided open. 

20?

I didn't even realise we were heading upwards

"It's Okay, she's fine with me. You guys should go home. Tell Jinyoung.. No, I'm busy maybe you should tell him." It must be Gongchan at the other side of the phone. He paused after saying Jinyoung's name. Gongchan must have asked him to inform Jinyoung. You don't even have to think to know this caring but innocent maknae. 

Right. We were supposed to meet up with the rest. 

"Where are the rest? Why are we here?" I glanced around the same familiar corridor and white password protected doors.

"I told them to go back home." He avoided the next question and stopped at the second door from the elevators. He pushed the buttons on the lock and the door open with a click. 

"Welcome to my house." 

My jaws dropped. YOU LIVED IN THE SAME BUILDING AS MIN HEE?! Those words didn't came out loud from my mouth but my expressions must have gave me away, because he answered with a slight frustrated sigh. 

"Yes. Same indeed." He pulled me in and sat me down on his couch. "Be right back."

His apartment was spacious. VERY. It was decorated with very little decor of black and gray vase, frames or weird distorted artifects at some corners. There was a whole shelf of CDs above the TV. There were a few on the coffee table infront of the couch on top of sheets of paper. Rehearsing Practice Video. The table was the only messy surface in the house.

The living room was mostly in white, black and grey. But the white marble tiles on the floor were cooling to my feet. I winced a little while dapping my feet on the cooling floor. I glanced around and a huge wall of window hidden behind white and grey curtains caught my attention.

 

He came back with a glass of water and stood beside me while I stared out at the evening scene. 

"Beautiful?" His tone was soft with a chuckle. 

I nodded and took a sip of water. There was a faint taste of peppermint.

"Why did he do that?" I asked looking down at the miniature people walking on the streets. My grip tightened around the glass cup. 

"I don't know." In the corner of my eyes I saw his shoulders dropped. "I'm sorry."

I snapped my head up at him. He wasn't looking at me. WIth a hand placed on the window, his side view a mixture of every emotions. I thought I saw a flicker of anger in his eyes. 

"It's not even your fault." I whispered turning my eyes back to counting small humans below us. My heart was a throbbing pain. I could feel my pulse in my throat. I could even faint any moment if Shinwoo wasn't here. 

"But I kissed you." 

There was a sudden awkward silence between us. His house was way too quiet. It was so high up I couldn't even hear the traffic below. My heart almost stopped at the last word coming from his mouth. I could hear his breathing, and that the hand on the windows was clenched into a tight fist now. I was flustered all of a sudden, don't know what to say. 

Then he turned me around and pulled me into his embrace. He didn't smell like lavender, it was a soft sweet scent of lime. But it was unbelievably warm and assuring. His build was slightly bigger than Jinyoung's. I remembered Jinyoung's hard chest and lean arms around me. But Shinwoo was different. His arms felt stronger, his shoulders broader, he got me all wrapped up in his arms - in his denim jacket.

Absentmindedly, I inhaled a little of his scent. I could even taste it in my mouth, the sweet and sour taste of limes. 

WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING?!

I jerked and tried to straighten myself. Jinyoung, Jinyoung, Jinyoung. The name filled my mind while I stood still. A sense of guilt overwhelmed me. But Shinwoo's arms wrapped around me like a cage. He was strong. I could feel his breathing on my hair so squeezed my eyes shut. 

"Listen to me. I know I am wrong to kiss you after all of this, with our audition just around the corner, I hope maybe..." He took a deep breath as though giving himself courage to speak the remaining. "Just maybe you could come and... cheer for... me."

His voice lingered on the last word. I held my breath at the same moment. But Jinyoung... Min Hee.. right...

"Shinwoo I..." His arms were tighter, I could feel a slight tremble from his body. The sky was getting darker, the orange slowly disappearing from the horizon. 

"Ji Hye, I will treat you a thousand times better than him. I'll promise to protect you, to be there for you when you need me even in a snowing day, a huge downpour, the middle of the night, anything. Anything I'll do. You can trust me, you know?" It was a question threw back at me. I noticed his deliberate yet frustrated mention of him instead of his name. I couldn't react. My hide my face inside his jacket, warm beads fell uncontrollably. 

Then he used his softest tone and whispered into my ears. 

"Saranghae." 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

I MIGHT UPDATE ANOTHER CHAPTER LATER. B) AM IN A GOOOOOD MOOD TODAY. AWW THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS AND MY BEAUTIFUL AWESOME NEW SUBSCRIBERS B) I HOPE YOU'LL ENJOY MY STORY. DON'T GET TOO ANGRY AT ME OKAY? /WINK WINK/

@seoshy: YEA MAN LET'S BEAT HIM UP. /MAD/ 
@WhiteWings19: SOBSEU THANKYOU GLORIOUS~ B) MY LAPTOP DECIDED TO REVIVE HIMSELF AND SO AM GONNA REFORMAT IT AFTER THIS CHAPTER. HAHAHA OTL LET'S FINE SOME T-SHIRT FOR THAT BISH. OTL
@zXRawrXz: B( THROW A NEW SHIRT AT THIS JINBISH.
@purple_primadonna: AWWW THANKYOU FOR LIKING IT! ಥ⌣ಥ AND HERE'S AN UPDATE FOR YOU! B)