Butterflies

✧・:♥ A HEARTBEAT AWAY ♥:・✧

 

“Annyeong ah JiHye!” Baro called out to me cheerfully, his hamster teeth showing. I stood stumped in front of their table. I tried to contain my shock. I mean, it was natural for them to eat here after class as our diner was just down the streets from high school. But, that wasn’t the main problem here.

EVERYONE was present – Jinyoung here right in front of my eyes.

I bet you just heard my mental shrieking of OMG a thousand times.

He looked up at me this time, his smile breathtaking. OMG YES HE SMILED, AT ME DUDE. NOW SOMEONE HOLD ME.

He did that on purpose – showing me his best smile ever. He hates me, remember? My heart almost stopped beating though, at the same time frustrated by my own helplessness. 

“Annyeong JiHye?” Shinwoo greeted me with his awesome smirk too, raising his eyebrow. I didn’t even realise my mouth was hanging opened, I concluded that he was trying to remind me that. I closed my mouth instantly. Gongchan and Sandeul was way too happy, I bet they were having a little private joke giggling at my hilarious reaction to their Hyungs. I swear I tried mental calculating my best run to the restroom.

“So you work here huh? Cool, could we eat for free please?” Gongchan was pleading me with his hands clammed together showing me those puppy eyes of his. To be honest that had no significant effect on me. Oh yes don’t remind me. I knew all of them were gorgeous human-like statues carved out of stone, but only one had that heart-stopping effect on me. YOU KNOW WHO.

“Ye..Yeah this is my dad’s diner. No Gongchan, sorry to disappoint you. But the drinks will be on me. So what can I get for you all now?” I was trying to keep my smile as natural as possible. I thought I hid the soft trembles in my words perfectly well.

Gongchan was beaming now at the free drinks suggestion, such a kid, playing his role well as the youngest of them all. Yes don’t judge me, I had Jin Ah told me all their profiles. I was just doing a little research alright.

But apparently, I couldn’t meet those hypnotizing eyes of Jinyoung, so my eyes were just flickering back and forth Shinwoo and Baro who were sitting at both ends of the semi circular table. Though he was just sitting right beside Shinwoo, I deliberately skipped him. OTL IM A LOSER OKAY I KNOW, TELL ME ABOUT IT.

I took their orders one by one finally the time for Jinyoung’s. I waited for him to say something while pretending to write on my little paper pad. But in actual fact I was just tracing through all the letters one by one, very slowly. He didn’t speak at all and that obviously made me flustered.

WHAT DO YOU WANT NOW DUDE?

I was getting impatient, but in fact all these took only less than 30 seconds, I was only making myself miserable. Eventually, I pluck up enough courage, or should I rephrase – enough annoyance, to lift my head up to face him.

THIS BLOODY MAN WAS STARING AT MA FACE, FOR THE WOHLE TIME? YOU SERIOUS?!

I immediately regretted my decision. I should have stayed busy tracing letters. Now I was literally having butterflies in my stomach.

But... his expression was unreadable. 

“Water is enough.” He spoke with a slight authority in his tone, though finally breaking the awkward silence. Or was I the only one feeling this awkwardness? s seemed to enjoy our silence drama very much, caught them passing glances and smirks at each other.

“You..Your order will come soon.” I couldn’t wait to escape. I half-ran into the kitchen instead, catching my breath only when I was inside, away from their sight.

Then I heard a chuckle.

“Aigooooo, our baby girl is blushing red like a toe-mae-toe!” Gary teased with a wide grin across his face. JiHyo must have heard him because she came in after me, her face showing amusement and interest. But something about her expression tells me that she already knew the reason.

“Those boys uhh? The phoenix-eyed one?” She poked my waist with her elbow playfully.  

See? I was right.

“THAT’S NOT FAIR! YOU PEEKED! HMPH!” I instantly felt as though I was stripped down to the bones. She saw through my cover all so naturally. I could feel my ears and face burning hot now and they were just enjoying my feeling-all-shy-moment. Somehow a part of me felt relieved that JiHyo understood me even without me having to say with my own timid voice.

“Hello, refill my coke please will ya?”

Thank god a customer called from outside and broke this very awkward moment inside the kitchen. JiHyo and Gary both gave me thumbs up and a determined nod before carrying on with what they were doing before I broke in. I understood them immediately, they were encouraging me. I sighed and showed Gary their orders. To my huge surprise and frustration, he swiftly made the plates for them instead, ignoring those previous orders.

“Go now! Good luck! NO STREEESSS!” Gary pushed me the plates and gestured me to go out there as though I have a world war III to fight.

After a long pause and a deep breath, my mind was set and pushed my way out of the kitchen’s door with my back.

Man, this is no easy battle when my mind was a mess and my stomach a butterfly nest. This is gonna be a long battle, with myself.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

I wrote quite alot tonight too. kekekes. Couldn't wait to update! I'll try to update often okayyyy, I can't stop writing too. I just write whenever the inspirations come. Give me a night to think of what's gonna happen after this chapter kayy. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*♥:・゚✧

Yohoooohoooo but this Jinyoung dude... (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

@Dreamage: UPDATE! AND A HUG! B)
@Kpop_boi67: THERE YOU GO! :D