First Round

✧・:♥ A HEARTBEAT AWAY ♥:・✧

It was the day of their auditions. Jin Ah was tugging my arm as we followed the boys to the entertainment agency. There were so many other bands outside the building, strumming guitars, twirling drumsticks with two fingers, popping in a corner and all sorts of people. I was amazed by the amount of people. 

I watched Jinyoung's back and sighed. We were perfect.

Gongchan had his arms over Shinwoo and Jinyoung's shoulders, relaxingly full of confidence. Baro and Sandeul were practicing their singing and rap along the way. Sandeul would turn around to take a peek at Jin Ah and winked that failed wink of his making Jin Ah chuckle. On the other hand instead of Jinyoung, who practically ignored me again because I kept refusing his calls, Shinwoo turned around and smirked at me. I smiled back. 

The others weren't aware of what happened. But somehow I felt that they too, were pretending. It was obvious enough that Jinyoung and I were keeping a rather safe distance.

I couldn't bear to even watch Jinyoung's backview. He seemed so faraway. But a part of me stubbornly clinged onto the fact that he would regret and come back for me.

I was rather apologetic towards Shinwoo though. That night over at his apartment, his confession had me into a whirlpool. I didn't answer him but he just held me in his arms for a long time before kissing my forehead.

"I'll always be there." That was how I remembered or what I had remembered, apparently I was too tired worrying, crying and heartbreaking that I fell asleep waking up on his bed the next day with a heavy head.

Now he took care of me like a big brother. Without him I would probably have cried the hell out of myself and go into a coma again. Shinwoo had already gotten use to me fighting back my tears no matter how much he encourages me not to. I didn't particularly liked the idea of going over to his apartment with the risk of seeing some people, but somehow or rather I don't see Min Hee at all. We would spend hours watching horror movies flinging popcorns everywhere and he wouldn't even mind. He would show me their dance rehearsals videos then switching back to idol drama series when I started staring at Jinyoung, teary-eyed. Sigh.

 

We waited for hours before it was finally their turn. I hugged all of them encouragement except for Jinyoung. Whom I thought had a flicker of anguish in his eyes when I hugged Shinwoo. Imaginations overloaded again Ji Hye.

I envied the relationship of Jin Ah and Sandeul. They were honest with each other, they acted like kingdergaten children. Maybe because they don't have a goddess looking third party coming into the picture. Jin Ah stuck out her tongue at me over Sandeul's shoulders when he gave her a long tight hug. I teased back, then my eyes flickered to Jinyoung again. He has got that unreadable expression again. Avoiding my gaze, he called on the others for a group hug forming a circle.

"This is the time. Finally for our dreams to come true! 1, 2, 3 LET'S FLY B1A4!" His charismatic voice echoed from their little circle. I swallowed at the sound of that voice. I could hear Gongchan's excited laughter and Baro's YA-LU cheering. When they finally broke the hug, Shinwoo turned towards me and whispered something under his breath. If my lip reading skills weren't that bad, it should mean - cheer for me. Then they were gone. 

 

Jin Ah was crushing my hands while we waited outside. 

"Omg did they get through?" Her voice was slightly an octave higher, panicky. 

I laughed fighting back a tremble. "Don't worry, they're the best."

I must have succeeded in sounding assuring because her grip losen. I wriggled my hands free from her clutch. 

"Ya princess aren't you too harsh on me? Look at your grip marks." 

"Opps sorry ya Hye-ie baby~" Jin Ah ruffled my hair and gave me a push.

I remembered the days when  we watched them rehearse. That was of course before what had happened to us, though the memory of him throwing me his brightest beaming smile was still vivid. I dugged into my pockets and pulled out that handkerchief. 

J.H.

If I've meant so much to you, then why did you go? When I've lost my memory, why did you bother?

I stuffed it back immediately when Jin Ah took a peek. Then she jumped up, pulling me up with her. They were out. But their facial expression weren't so good. Especially Jinyoung's dreading expression. It looked like he was too indifferent. Then my eyes flickered to Shinwoo, he avoided my gaze and suddenly finding his fingers interesting. 

Then again I looked at Baro and Gongchan hoping someone would meet my gaze, but they looked horrible. Jin Ah was already at Sandeul's side grabbing his arm with a look of worry. Sandeul just shook his head and squeezed his eyes shut. I walked over to Jinyoung instead. 

"What happened?" I asked him, forgetting that he had continously broke my weak heart. I didn't know when but their dreams had become mine too. If they were to cry I would too. I raised a hand and tugged at his sleeves. In the corner of my eyes I thought I saw Shinwoo staring.

Jinyoung stared right at me with his beautiful eyes. His gaze fixed on me as though he was singing a sad melody. But something from his eyes tell me that he wasn't refering to the results of their audition. He raised his hand slowly, about to brush my fringe away like he always did. Then Gongchan's voice broke our eye contact almost instantly. 

"YA MEHRONGG! WE PASSED!!!!!!! A FULL PASS FROM ALL THE JUDGES!!! HAHAHAHAHA YAY! OMG! GOTCHA!" Then the rest laughted and body bumped each other. 

My brain was still lagging then I heard Jinyoung's laughter. I turned to look at him, his face only inches away from mine. How did I stand so close to him?

He laughed happily while looking at me with specks of tiny droplets at the both sides of his eyes. When was the last time I saw laughter like this? And then almost as sudden as Gongchan's cheering, he pulled me into his arms. I was too shocked to move. What the?

"Jin..." But before I could even speak his name, he jerked back pushing me away from his body as though suddenly aware of his actions. I was still in a state of numbness, staring eye-wide at him while he slapped his nape and bit his lower lips. 

"Ji Hye ya we did it." It was Shinwoo's voice beside me. I forced my sight away from Jinyoung and smiled a teeth-showing big smile while giving Shinwoo a hug. Our body language was so natural and comfortable. It felt safer in his arms too, like a sanctury to hide. To hide from Jinyoung.

Shinwoo pulled me slightly away from his body and bent down, giving me a peck on my cheeks. I blushed. Then I remembered Jinyoung was still there. I turned hastily just in time to see a flicker of anger again. Like moments ago they were just having a major staring competition. Then again, I must have imagined it. He has Min Hee, a goddess, he won't even care about me, I caught him half in her apartment! What else can they be doing huh? I'm not gonna go running back to him just because I was the nearest person to him when he needs a hug.

My own thoughts slapped me hard right in the face. I shook that thought off and hooked my arm in Shinwoo's. 

"When is the next round?" 

"1 month later! It will be an open competition outside XXX mall! We might gain even more supporters!" Baro almost screamed while saying it. His cute hamster teeth showing, eyes almost laughing into a fine thin line. 

"That's awesome!!" I exclaimed together with Gongchan who had his arms around my shoulders now. 

"That's something to call for a celebration!" Jin Ah added jumping beside Sandeul. 

"THEN LET'S GO!" Baro echoed again.

I laughed out loud. 

 

Jinyoung, what are you? Go away.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

UPDATE! AGAIN!

@purple_primadonna: WELL....B| AND YOUR COMMENT NEEDS A THUMBS UP HAHAHA
@foreverlovekpop: LOOOOL OH BABEH ME GUSTA THIS SLAP OF YOURS. /JOINS IN/
@zXRawrXz: AWWW AIGOOO NEED TO SQUISH YOUR CHEEKS AWWW
@WhiteWings19: OH BABEH ALL THE DRAMAS HAHAHAH OTL. I'VE HAD THE ENDING READY ALREADY. HOHOHO. SHHH~