SENT

✧・:♥ A HEARTBEAT AWAY ♥:・✧

 

“Ji Hye ya everything’s fine?”

“Yea...it seems that everything’s under control! They didn’t realise anything!”

“Sorry ah Ji Hye, you met him did you?”

I gulped. That’s right, that book.

“I met him technically… but I didn’t see his face.” I reached out lazily under the pillows for that hard covered book.

“YA! REALLY?! OMG I DON’T BELIEVE IT!”

My eardrums hurt after having Jin Ah shout into them. I knew that would be her reaction. I was mad at myself too. I should have proposed to have us taking off our masks then.

“I know I know Jin Ah. I’m mad myself. I must have been too flustered. Ayeeeish!”

“HAHA Ji Hye yaa~! So do you still want Jinyoung? Kekeke”

“YA! STOP IT! YOU KNOW THAT! I’LL SLEEP NOW HMPH!”

I hung up immediately and rolled over on my back. I stared at the book on my hands with mixed feelings. I sit up crossed legged, putting the book on my lap.

As delicately as possible, I flipped the pages. It was a diary, his diary. I felt bad reading someone’s most private thing.

 

August 29 2010.

I received her first text today.

First day of school. First page of you; my soon-to-be companion.

 

I read eye-wide at this first post. He knew me since young. I struggled to keep my younger memories together, but I couldn’t remember what happened before my father’s death. He was right, the last thing I remembered was my dad dying while I grabbed his hands and begged for him to come back. The thought of that pained me, even now. All these while I cursed my life and there was this guy watching over me on behalf of him.

He knew Gary! He knew them, my best friends! It was unfair. All these while I was kept in the dark. He knew Gongchan he lived with him. Who was he?! Members… B1A4 was all that popped up in my mind. The worst part of it, Shinwoo and Jinyoung were the two faces that flashed across my mind. Shinwoo has been kind towards me, always thoughtful and caring. Jinyoung he was always ignoring me but somehow a part of me felt that he was hiding something.

Then my dad. It was definitely his character to leave a QUEST for a 12 years old child. I was even more surprised that he thought of it importantly till this day. He must have really liked my dad. I wonder what that was. My dad must have said something stupid to trick this poor kid in staying with me. I was his “baby girl” and he would tell me that I will always be loved even if he’s gone. And Oh! my Cinderella book!  

I shook my head furiously at these thoughts. WHY IS IT GOING IN THIS DIRECTION THAT I’VE LEAST EXPECTED?! My hands lingered on the edge of the page. I was afraid to face the truth somehow. I was afraid of what I might read on the next pages.

I know! Anyone would be happy if this person who supported you through hard times were someone right there with you. But I was confused. What if it was Shinwoo all along? I was certainly having second thoughts. How would he feel? But what if miraculously it was Jinyoung? Should I be happy or should I avoid him. How do I sort out my feelings? I’ve always thought of them as two different entities.

My head was screaming, my mind in a mess and my heart confused. So screwed. Taking another deep breath with my eyes squeezed shut, slowly flipped the pages intentionally skipping the front part hoping to find the answer at the last few pages. How I hope Jin Ah could be here now to share my crap.

 

October 7

To tell you the truth, I her hair. I couldn’t hold it in anymore. She was so vulnerable, so precious. Her hair was so soft and it had always smelled like strawberries. Her favourite.

 

Oh my…what?! He was that hand? Right now I need to breathe. I flipped through pages and pages hoping to find some clues to him. Then I realised something. I knew who he was. How stupid I am!

JINYOUNG. IT COULD ONLY BE JINYOUNG. THAT LIPS. NO THAT EYES. HIS EYES. IT WAS ALWAYS THAT PAIR OF EYES THAT CAPTIVATED ME! HOW COULD I FORGET THAT!?

I gave myself a hard slap of my forehead. Everyone was there throughout the night! He was the only one nowhere to be found! Because he was with me all along. That scent, that lavender scent of him near me. I smelled it. That smirk I’ve seen it so many times I could even dream.

But what do I do now? Did he want me to ask him? He wanted me to know, now that all the clues matched. It could only be him. I felt my cheeks heating up. We were so near yet so far and I never knew it was him. My lips curled into a smile.

And, he likes me too. 

Thanks. 

*Message sent*

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

ALRIGHT GUYS SHE KNOWS IT BABEH! FINALLY!!! WHOTS GONNA HAPPEN NEXT? KEKEKE. WHY AM I GETTING EXCITED. OTL HAHAHA! I WENT TO CHALET WITH MY CLASS AND I WROTE THIS STORY THERE. BUT I FORGOT TO UPDATE. HAHAHAHA SO NOW HERE IT IS~~~! B)

@Dreamage: UPDATE! AND SHE KNOWS~
@NyanKat: WHERE DID YOU IMAGINATIONS LEAD YOU TO? KEKEKES. WELL THEN TO JINYOUNG BABEH~! B)
@cassandra1433: KEKEKE THEY TOOK TOO LONG TO STARE AT THE FLOOR. B( HAHAHA BUT EVERYTHINGS FINE~ OH DONGSAENG UPDATE YOUR FIC TOO~ B) AND THANKYOU FOR ADVERTISING HAHAHAHA OH GAWD. ME GUSTA YOU. B)
@JMIE027: I KNOW WHO YOU ARE PARTNER~ WE'RE THAT OSM DUO BABEH~ YEA ITS LIKE ONE OF THE REASONS... SOBSEU.