A Heartbeat Away

✧・:♥ A HEARTBEAT AWAY ♥:・✧

 

I stared blankly at my phone. There was no text. I have mustered the courage to text him, to tell him that I appreciates what he has done for me all these time, but apparently that might not have been a good idea.

I crawled out of bed lazily to the sound of my stepmom’s whines. Sigh, another horrible morning. One more month till winter break, and for the whole month I won’t be able to see him. Maybe there might be chances but from the looks of how awkward this whole situation has turned into, maybe not.

I didn’t want to go to school. There was certainly a high chance of me running into them in the corridor again. My expression will certainly ruin it. I have to tell Jin Ah.

* * * * *

“WHAT?!?! ASDFGHJKLASDGJHJKLASFHJLKL!”

“Hey hey hey human, calm down and speak human please.”

I knew it. Jin Ah would be totally amazed and excited. Then I watched her expression changed from excitement to disappointment, I sighed too.

“So… apparently, deullie didn’t tell me anything about this. From the looks of it they might have already known.” Her eyebrows ceased to a frown.

“I know right. You think…” I didn’t finish my sentence.

“Yes. I think you should ask Jinyoung. I won’t mention a word to deullie until you guys talked this through.”

Jin Ah squeezed my hand. She always knew the right thing to say. She’s probably right. I should confront Jinyoung. There was no use escaping since we were going to spend another year together anyway.

* * * * *

I tapped my foot continuously on the cold hard floor and played with my fingers nervously. Am I standing on water? I felt like I could collapse anytime.

'B1A4 HIDING PLACE.' It felt like a dream, the first time I came here.

I waited outside the studio for their practice to end, but as the time ticked by I was chickening out. Maybe I shouldn’t have done that. Just when I was about to convince myself to leave, the door opened.

I was greeted by a shocked and surprised face, of course he should be. The words that I wanted to say were stuck at my throat, as I tried taking a deep breath before I spoke.

“Shall we go for a walk?” It was all I managed.

Jinyoung followed behind me quietly, one arm's distance apart. We were so near, but yet it felt so far. I didn’t like that feeling. The sun was setting and the school was almost empty. I stopped at the basketball court and sit down stiffly at the spectator bench. He sat down beside me, one arm apart again.

I rubbed my nape nervously. Should I speak first?

“So, do you have something to tell me?” Jinyoung spoke with a tone so soft and gentle, he must be aware that I have found out about his identity already.

“Do you?” I turned to face him. He eyes was fixed at the ground. I watched his hands balled into fists and he punched himself lightly on his knees as though giving himself a silent encouragement. Then he turned towards me, eyes still dazzling as ever.

“You… you knew.” It wasn’t a question. It was a confirmation. His eyes didn’t leave mine. It was as though we were having a staring contest. He was waiting, earnestly for my reply. I looked down away from him, blushing. I didn’t know if he caught that, but I gave a small nod.

He wasn’t speaking. There was no sound, only the cars whizzing past on the road across the field. I couldn’t see if he was still there, my face was buried in my long hair. So I panicked, and then I turned.

He was still sitting there though, just not looking at me. He was leaning back, with his elbows resting on the higher bench behind us, looking at the sky. Wait, no his eyes were closed.

“Jinyoung?” I was confused. He seemed so relax, did he not catch my reply? Did he give up?

“Ji Hye, are you mad at me? Are you regretting now?” He spoke with such musical voice along with the breeze. My long hair swayed with the chilling breeze. His eyes were still closed though. At least that was what it seemed to me.

Horror swept me suddenly. I was astonished at his statement. Why would he say that?! Wait so now I can confirm that he is Mr. Mysterious? Oh god. I must have hit the jackpot. But so.. along I have been liking that same guy? All the time I have thought I was a flirt and I fell in love with two guys. Omg I needed time to think this through. It was too much for me to comprehend right now.

“Ji Hye?” I was too deep in thoughts that I forgot his presence. He adjusted his posture to face me. Did he like moved nearer to me? We were half an arm’s length now. My heart skipped a beat when he frowned. I looked away immediately, back-facing him.

“Er.. no.. I mean.. yes… erm NO NO NO I MEAN I DON’T REGRET OR ANYTHING BUT IT’S JUST THAT IT IS TOO MUCH. I MEAN I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT YOU ARE NOT HIM. NO I MEANT HE IS NOT YOU. AND THEN I WAS LOST COS’ I THOUGHT I LIKED TWO BOYS THEN I…” 

I didn't even realise that my tone was slightly high-pitched as I struggled with my words. 

Then as sudden as his question, a force pulled me back and a pair of strong arms embraced me from behind. I stopped speaking immediately and a whimper escaped my throat. Embarrassed, I immediately covered my mouth with both hands. The grip of his hands was tight and secure. I could feel his warm chest against my back and his slow breathing on my hair. I could smell that soothing lavender along with the breeze. My heartbeat was racing out of control and tears welled up at the brim of my eyes unknowingly. I bit my lips holding in the tears. 

“Strawberry.” He whispered ever so gently beside my ear.

Big warm droplets fell from my cheeks. 

For the second time, he was just a heartbeat away. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

AWWWWWWW OKAY WHY AM I AMUSED AT MY OWN STORY. LOL SLAPS ME. GUYS GUYS GUYS I REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVE ALL OF YOU AND ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS. I FEEL SO HAPPY TO BE WRITING THIS STORY WITH THOUGHTS THAT SOMEONE IS WAITING FOR MY UPDATES. SOBSEU. LEMME KISSEU YOU ALL. OKAY. HAHAHA B')

@Dreamage: AWWW YEAH! MUAHAHAHAH EXPLOSION OF HAPPINESS. 8D
@seoshy: THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU! B) YEA I IMAGINE OUR LEADER TO BE LIKE THIS. 
@HeeSeul: AWW MY LONG LOST FRIEND. ITS OKAY AS LONG AS YOU ARE HERE. SOBSEU GIMME STRENGTH. YOU HAPPY I HAPPY WE HAPPY OH YEAH!
@cassandra1433: TAKE YOUR TIME! B) YEAH IM SORRY IM A GLUTTON AND I FINISHED ALL THE FOOD I RESERVED FOR YOU. B( 

ANYWAY GUYS OTL B1A4'S MY LOVE COMEBACK. OTL I CANT. JINBISH'S HAIR AND GONGCHAN'S OTL HAWT HAIR. OTL LOOK AT SANDEULLIE HIS HAIR IS SO ADORABLE. SOBSEU. CNU IS FOREVER A GENTLEMEN WITH THAT LIPSEU OTL. IM GOING CRAZY HERE. HAHAHAHA AND BARO OMG THAT HEADBAND. SOBSEU HE IS SO HEP HAP BABEH. THIS OT5 HERE IS FOREVER ADORABLE. LEMME HAVE THEM ALL. OKAY NO BTW MY ULTIMATE BIAS IS SANDEUL I FORCED HIM INTO A TUXEDO ALRDY. AHAHAHAHA BUT JINBISH KEEP BARGING IN SO... YOU SEE... HAHAHAHA OTL IM TORN~ WHY NOT I HAVE.. CNU.. SANDEUL.. JINYOUNG... BARO.. MAYBE GONGCHAN? HAHAHA OH GAWD.