Scarlet

✧・:♥ A HEARTBEAT AWAY ♥:・✧

 

We were silent on the way back. Gongchan wasn’t speaking. He must still be mad about what happened just now. He wasn’t his usual self with me. In fact all of them weren’t the same anymore after Ji Hye’s accident. They were awkward around me. That couldn’t be helped. But I must be happy for Ji Hye cause they still treated her like a little sister. Like she used to be before we were a couple.

I turned the handle to the door.

“Daebak!” Ji Hye shouted at Baro and Sandeul who was dancing a goofy swaying dance. They stopped after seeing my entrance.

I took a deep breath and glance over at Gongchan who looked away deliberately avoiding my eyes. Gongchan you kid you didn’t tell me she was here. I should act normal.

“What was that?” I asked doing that action hand action over my head. Baro and Sandeul exchanged glances and replied in unison.

“Sprout dance!”

Sandeul came over and pulled me to the center.

“Hyung you should learn it too. The girls like it.” He grinned passing glances to Jin Ah. I stared at the mirror reflection to see Ji Hye looking at her fingers instead. Her cheeks was a a rosy pinkish. Anything for her smile.

“What is that? New ideas for our competition?” I frowned and waited for either of them to reply.

Baro suddenly clapped his hands together and exclaimed.

“YA! WHY DIDN’T WE THINK ABOUT THAT? WE COULD USE IT AS OUR OPENING!”

“Sounds okay.” Shinwoo replied putting down the book he was reading.

“I like it!” The colours had returned to Gongchan’s face and he was already in the middle of that little excited party with Baro.

“What do you think?” Sandeul patted my arm with the back of his hand.

I smirked and looked at Ji Hye. She looked away immediately once again, this time twirling her hair absentmindedly. Or maybe trying to act like she didn’t care.

“IT’S NICE I LIKE IT!” Jin Ah exclaimed too tugging on Ji Hye’s sleeves and she nodded slightly. I couldn't help but smiled, I wonder if she saw it. She has always loved my smile.

“Then now, shouldn’t I start learning?” I turned to look at the boys.

We spent the whole afternoon rehearsing with the girls watching and giving us pointers to take note of. It seemed to have gotten better after this ‘Sprout Dance’ practice together. It does lighten the mood and they were more comfortable with me around.

How nostalgic.

I wiped my face with the towel and sat down, leaning against the mirror wall. I didn’t realise Ji Hye was sitting beside me until I pulled the towel away from my face.

My heart skipped a beat.

Her blushing cheeks and sharp features. Her bright eyes looking down at her fingers that moved nervously around each other. I wasn’t even aware that I was staring at her intensely. Have I realised that she had such long lashes and cute cherry lips? Her long hair fell perfectly. Strawberries.

My heart ached as I looked at her natural beauty. That small girl from before had grown up so well. But I’ve lost her. I bit my lips again at the thought of that accident.

My hand seemed to be moving on its own. I didn’t even realise how but it reached for her face and slowly tucked her hair behind her ears.

She turned at once and stared at me with big round eyes. shocked.

“W…what.. did you do?” She stared at me without even blinking.

I came back to my sense and slapped my nape after realising what I’ve done.

“I… err.. I’m sorry I didn’t mean it.” My voice was shaking. I'm supposed to be a stranger Jinyoung you how could you forget.

She was blushing. Her cheeks reddened again as she stood up, too fast knocking her head against the handrail along the wall. She fell almost at once covering her head with both her hands.

I grabbed her as soon as that happened, this time supporting her weight on my chest. She cowered and stopped moving. Panic struck me as I shook her.

“Ji Hye! Ji Hye! What happened?”  I grabbed her hands and tried to pull them away from her head.

The others had stopped the practice and came over.

“What did you do hyung?!” Gongchan was the first to react.

I shook my head without looking at him and patted Ji Hye again. Her eyes were closed and her hands were still in a defending position over her head. I slowly let her head rest on my lap and patted her again. Still no reaction.

“What happened?” Shinwoo asked me amidst the commotion the boys were creating and Jin Ah was warming Ji Hye’s face at this moment with her palm, in an attempt to wake her.

“She stood up too fast without noticing the handrail on top, then she became like this.” I pointed upwards at the culprit and grabbed her arms again.

“Ouuuch.” Ji Hye finally fidgeted on my lap. 

Gongchan helped her up and cupped her face with his big hands. 

“Are you alright?” He asked with a quizzical and worried look.

I watched as she rubbed the top of her head with her palms and blinked a few times. 

“I think I remembered something.” 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S MY FAVE SONG IS LAST CHRISTMAS B)