Min Hee

✧・:♥ A HEARTBEAT AWAY ♥:・✧

 

We stared at each other for some time before I finally broke the silence.

“You are real, not hers. Who is she? Min Hee? You knew her? Your ex-lover? She’s back for you? You’re going back to her? Leaving me alone here? Why is she here? Are you leaving me now? You’re not right? I…”

I blurted out a string of questions without thinking, I was frightened. I didn’t want him to leave me. He placed a finger on my lips stopping me and smiled a little before planting kiss on my forehead.

I was confused. He grabbed my hands tightly in his before taking a deep breath. His eyes searched mine for a few seconds warily before speaking.

“She was a friend of mine…or ours…” Jinyoung stopped and wiped the almost dried tears away from my cheeks.

I nodded, gesturing him to continue.

“So as you know her name is Min Hee. She lived next door and used to play with Gongchan and me. At that time, I didn’t know how to find you or where you’re at. I only remembered what your dad told me. So I finished private school together with Min Hee and the rest of B1A4. This explains why Mr Mysterious appeared only during high school.”

He stopped again, this time settling me down back in bed after setting the pillow. I didn’t even realise I was in the nurse office. It smelled bad. I hate the weird hospital smell in here, but I lie down anyway since Jinyoung was with me. He pulled the sheets over my body and sat down on the bed beside me. He was still holding my hand and gently brushed my fringe away. I closed my eyes and waited, nodding again.

“So we were still young at that time, she was our friend. Used to be. We were always together. Then Gongchan fell in love with her and they got together but only for a short 3 months.”

My eyes flew open. WHOT?

Jinyoung continued, after acknowledging my doubt with a nod.

“He was heartbroken and we tried to talk them into getting back together, but she refused. It started then, when our relationship with her got more awkward. We treated her like our little sister because she too, lost her mom at a young age.”

He sighed and rubbed his nape. I sat up leaning against the wall, since this was far from what I had expected. I thought she was Jinyoung’s lover. But now I was sympathizing with her already.

“She called me one evening after dinner, and told me to keep Gongchan out of it. Apparently he was still recovering from his heartbreak. So I went to the park to meet her.”

Jinyoung stopped again, and patted my hands. His expression was unreadable and I knew I have to be prepared for another heart stopping moment. I took a deep breath and nodded for him to carry on. His eyebrows ceased to a frown and inhaled deeply.

“She came for a confession. She told me the reason for walking out on Gongchan.”

“What is it?”

“Because of me Ji Hye. She likes me. I destroyed their relationship.” Jinyoung closed his eyes and shook his head. His expressions wrapped in pain and guilt.  

I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around his neck, patting his back.

“It’s not your fault Jinyoung but… what happened?”

He let go of my hands and slipped under the sheets with me.

What? A sign of guilt?