Twenty Three.

Lies Over Love

Chanyeol placed the papers on the table and got his pen and signed each page. Every time Chanyeol sign and flip the pages, Kyungsoo's heart cracked and eventually, broke. Kyungsoo's trying to show that he's not broken in front of Chanyeol. Chanyeol just signed the papers without asking for an explanation and Kyungsoo couldn't believe it. 

"I don't need an explanation because I don't have the right to listen to one. I think this is karma since I didn't listen to your explanation before. It's okay," Chanyeol said like he read Kyungsoo's mind. He forced a smile but deep inside, he was broken and fully damaged. Kyungsoo didn't speak so he continued, "Uhm, don't worry, after I finish my plan, I will come back for you."

Kyungsoo looked at him, confused. "Plan? What plan?"

"That's a secret. We're now back to being friends so I have the right to keep a secret," Chanyeol smirked. "And since we're friends now, I can woo you again like before."

"If you still love me, then, why did you sign the papers?" Kyungsoo was in the verge of crying.

Chanyeol didn't answer for a second. "Because that's what you want," he finally said. "Also, thank you for tonight. I had fun. I'll go now. Want me to give you a ride?"

Kyungsoo shook his head. "No, thank you."

"But it's starting to rain," Chanyeol reasoned out.

"Please, just go," Kyungsoo said, lowering his head.

Chanyeol stood up and left Kyungsoo alone. Chanyeol wanted to go because he couldn't believe that he and Kyungsoo are now divorced. Yes, he offered Kyungsoo a ride but deep inside he wished that the latter will decline. He wanted to cry but he couldn't do that in front of Kyungsoo, after all. Kyungsoo declined Chanyeol's offer because any minute now, he was about to burst into tears.

Kyungsoo was left alone and there, he started to cry very hard. It was like his heart was squeezed mercilessly. All of his memories with him will just be kept deep inside his heart. He wanted to bury it fast. He wanted to forget him. He left the restaurant and walked outside under the rain. He was grateful that it was raining so that no one would know that he was crying his heart out. 

Chanyeol, on the other hand, was driving while crying. He was shouting Kyungsoo's name. Luckily, he could not be heard outside. When he arrived home, he was greeted by a smiling Baekhyun. 

"Welcome home, Channie!" Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol's eyes reddened. "What happened?"

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, full of anger and sadness. "Are you happy now?" He passed Baekhyun, hitting his shoulder. Baekhyun was confused.

 

Sarang and Yeosoo heard Chanyeol's voice and went to their father's room. When they opened it, shards of glasses were scattered. They opened the door wide and carefully went to their father who was on his bed, crying.

"Appa, what happened?" Sarang said with worry in her tone. The twins sat down on the bed.

Chanyeol didn't say a word. "Appa, why are you crying? Did something happened to umma?"

Chanyeol sat up, turned to his children and hugged them tightly. The twins got shocked at the sudden action. Chanyeol cried like a baby. All of his regrets, sadness, anger, and longing, he cried it all out. He just wants his family back. He's rich but he wasn't happy without Kyungsoo by his side. 

"A-appa, stop crying and tell us what happened," Yeosoo said as he let Chanyeol face them.

"I'm really sorry if our family turned out like this. I'm really sorry if I didn't believe in your umma before. He was always been there for me but because of that one misunderstanding, I kicked him out," Chanyeol looked at them with full of regrets and sadness in his eyes. "I miss him, guys. I miss his scent, his smile, his laughter, his food, I just miss him as a whole. No one would kiss me good morning, no one will reprimand me about how arrogant and spoiled I am..."

Sarang and Yeosoo comforted their crying father. They were hurt also. They've been wanting a complete family too. Especially Yeosoo who didn't have a father for 18 years. As for Sarang, she may have Baekhyun but the latter isn't that motherly to her. She was longing for a true mother's love. Sarang's tears fell on her cheeks while Yeosoo was trying to hold it in.

"Appa, umma's not yet dead. You can change everything, you know," Sarang said.

"We're now divorced," Chanyeol said flatly.

Sarang and Yeosoo's eyes widened at the statement. Instead of being sad, Sarang smirked like she has a plan. "Appa, isn't that a good thing? Get rid of Baekhyun and start everything over again."

"Don't say that. Baekhyun's still my best friend," Chanyeol said as he wiped his tears with tissue.

"Fine. Know the truth about Baekhyun and get umma back, okay? So stop crying like a baby now. We're here to help. You need to smile, appa," Sarang tried to cheer his father up.

Chanyeol smiled a little. "I'll start tomorrow." 

 

The next morning, Chanyeol went to the hospital where he last saw Baekhyun. He still remembered who the doctor was and went to his office. The doctor was shocked and approached Chanyeol.

"You're Mr. Park, am I right?" the doctor asked.

"Yes, I am. I would just like to know the real reason why Mr. Byun Baekhyun transferred hospitals."

"Okay. Let's have a talk after an hour because I have still some patients to tend to," the doctor informed. It wasn't an excuse because the doctor knew that Chanyeol has every right to know the truth. Chanyeol nodded.

After thirty minutes, Chanyeol went back to the office with his coffee on his hand. But before he could open the door, he heard the nurses talking behind the door.

"Mr. Park is so handsome, right?" nurse one said.

"Yeah but he has Mr. Byun now. But isn't Mr. Do Kyungsoo his husband?" nurse two asked.

"Yeah, I guess so. But I feel so sad for Mr. Byun," nurse one said.

"Why?"

"Because I heard from the previous nurses of doc that he lost his baby 18 years ago and that he transferred hospitals because he doesn't want anyone to know," nurse one said and nurse two gasped.

The nurses heard the door open and saw Chanyeol's eyes reddened due to anger. He strode towards them and the nurses were a bit scared.

"Was all of it true?"

"Uh, yes, sir."

"Where did he transfer? At least let me know that," Chanyeol pleaded.

"At the South Korea General Hospital, sir," the nurse answered.

Chanyeol ran out and quickly drove to the said hospital. When he arrived there, he asked the nurse who was Byun Baekhyun's doctor from eighteen years ago. He went to the office. 

"Good morning, sir. Please have a seat. How may I help you?" the doctor greeted.

"Do you still remember Byun Baekhyun?" Chanyeol asked as he sat down across the doctor.

"Yeah, Baekhyun. How could I not remember him? He was a star before and was admitted here."

"Can you still remember when he left?"

"Of course. He got a baby from one of my patients. I tried to stop him but he threatened our hospital so we couldn't do anything about it."

"He got a baby from one of your patients? By any chance, does the name Do Kyungsoo the patient?"

"Yes, sir. Mr. Do was depressed and after a week, he got a little better and was discharged."

"By the way, do you know who Do Kyungsoo is?" Chanyeol asked.

"One of my patients?" the doctor wasn't quite sure if that was the answer Chanyeol was looking for.

"Yes and also, he was my husband. I'm going to file a case for this hospital or should I buy this hospital? So that no one will ever experience the pain my ex-husband felt," Chanyeol said, voice full of anger and regret.

"Do what you want to do, mr. Park," that's the only thing the doctor can say. Chanyeol was one of the richest man, he can do and buy anything.

Chanyeol smiled victoriously because for the second time, he made the right decision. The first one was well, he chose Kyungsoo to be with him for eternity.

 

To be continued... 


A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

Now that Chanyeol knows the truth, what will be his next step? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Bebs, is it okay if I'll update every once a week or nooo? Hahaha

Please comment, subscribe and upvote! ^^