Fourteen.

Lies Over Love

Eighteen years later...

"Ummaaaaa! Wake up!" an eighteen year old Yeosoo trying to wake up his mother, who was sleeping on the couch. "Umma, I need to get to work now but I can't because you're not waking up! Ummaaa!"

"Aish, this kid! Yeah, yeah. I'm awake now," an annoyed Kyungsoo said while sitting down, rubbing his eyes. "You're going to Gangnam, right?"

"Yes, umma. Umma, do I look handsome in this suit?" Yeosoo asked while looking at the mirror.

"Of course, son. You look great," Kyungsoo replied while fixing his son's tie. "You should go now or you'll be late." Kyungsoo placed a kissed on his son's forehead. 

 

Yeosoo bid his mother farewell. Yeosoo was working as a secretary and bodyguard to a lady who's been a big influence to the business industry nowadays. He rode the bus to Gangnam. When he arrived at the big mansion, he took a deep breath and smiled. He rang the doorbell. When Yeosoo went inside the mansion, he couldn't stop himself from looking at the interior of the mansion. The mansion was ten times larger than his house. He wished that he could live in a mansion or his real father would show up and tell him that he is a billionaire or something. But Yeosoo was contented with his life with his mother. They may not be rich or famous but they were happy. That's what all matters to Yeosoo.

"Yeosoo, Ms. Sarang will go down shortly. Please be ready," Yeosoo's boss, Minho, said.

"Yes, sir," Yeosoo replied and immediately went outside to wait for Sarang in the car.

After a few minutes, Sarang went inside the car and sighed. "You're my new secretary and bodyguard, right?"

"Yes, ms. Sarang. I'm Do Yeosoo at your service," Yeosoo said with a smile even though Sarang can't see it.

"Nice to meet you, Yeosoo. So, what is my schedule for today?" Sarang asked.

"For today, your morning schedule is free and you will have a lunch meeting with the organizers and at three in the afternoon, you will have a meeting with the managers," Yeosoo informed.

"Okay, thank you," Sarang said. Her phone rang and it was his father calling. 

"Hello, appa," Sarang started.

"Hi, princess. We're not sure when we'll be coming home and I'm terribly sorry."

Sarang sighed. She was used to it - being alone. "It's okay, appa. Wait a sec," Sarang held the call and asked Yeosoo, "How many are you in your family, Yeosoo?"

"Just me and my mom, ms. Sarang."

Sarang just nodded. She, then, returned to his father. "Uhmm, appa? Can I ask you a favor?"

"Of course. Anything for my princess."

"Can Yeosoo and Yeosoo's umma live with me at home for a while? And wouldn't it be better if my secretary and bodyguard is near me, am I right?" 

"Okay, if that's what my princess wants."

"Thank you so much, appa! Love you. Okay, bye." She hung up.

They arrived at the hotel and when Sarang went out of the car, she saw Yeosoo's face for the first time. He was handsome and... he kind of looked like her.

"We kind of looked like each other. Are we twins?" Sarang joked.

Yeosoo chuckled. "That would be impossible, ms. Sarang."

"Don't call me 'ms. Sarang'. Just call me Sarang and from now on, you're going to be my best friend since we look like each other," Sarang declared. 

"But ms. Sarang-" Sarang glared at him. Yeosoo sighed in defeat and said, "Fine. I'll call you Sarang." Sarang smiled. 

 

They rode the elevator until they reached the top floor in silence. When they reached Sarang's office, she made Yeosoo sat down. "Starting tomorrow, you will be living in my house with your mother. I don't have someone at home that has the same age as me so I couldn't really talk to them. It's awkward." Sarang informed Yeosoo.

Yeosoo's eyes widened at the information. "T-thank you, Sarang. You're too kind," he bowed to Sarang.

"Since I don't have anything to do for the morning, let's have a talk. What's your family like?" Sarang asked.

"In my whole life, it was always have been me and my mom. My mom is a cook at a three-star restaurant. He does everything and he sees to it that I'm healthy and I have everything I need."

"May I know where your father is?"

"My mother said that... he's dead. But I believe he isn't."

"Really? Why'd you say so?" Sarang got really interested in Yeosoo's life.

"I don't know. I think that my mom is just lying to hide his past. I don't want to hurt him so I didn't dare to ask him anything about my father."

Sarang hummed in response. "I hope that you'll find your father."

"Thanks, Sarang. How about you? What's your family like?" It was Yeosoo's turn now to ask questions.

"I'm their only child. My parents are always fighting. Not even a single day there was peace at our home in Canada. They always bicker even when I'm in front of them. I once wondered if they truly love each other. Well, they aren't married according to my sources. And you know what? I never really looked like my mom at all. It's like he's not my real mom," Sarang said with a sad face.

Yeosoo was apalled. He thought that if you're rich, you will not have any problems at all but now, he realized that it was the other way around. "Maybe we are siblings after all. And if we are, then, I will be your older brother," Yeosoo joked to cheer Sarang up. 

Sarang laughed. "Maybe, you're right. Now that I looked at you a little longer, your ears and smile are similar to my father's."

"Your eyes and lips are similar to my mother's."

They were both silent for a moment and they started laughing saying that their imaginations were wide. But little did they know that they are siblings, after all. The truth they couldn't escape. The truth that is waiting to be found out.

 

 

 

To be continued... 

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

I DO NOT LIKE . HAHAHAHAHA IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE COMMENT BELOW. THANKSSS :)

Please comment, subscribe and upvote! ^^