Chapter 8

'Girlfriend'

Jiyoung's POV

I was spacing out as usual in the class when Jungkook walked in. My 'boyfriend'. Thinking of that, a big sigh escaped my mouth. I didn't know why, I was disappointed with myself . I couldn't believe the thing I did for money.

I felt like I was holding a banner written something like 'Girlfriend for rent.' Or 'Will do anything for money'. I felt so useless and desperate. When he was about to reach out for his chair, his eyes somehow panned over to me, and our eyes hooked. A slight shock flashed across his face, but he looked away immediately, in the coldest way ever. My lips twitched in annoyance as I looked away from him, with the same way he did earlier, even though he weren't watching.

Just a moment later Taehyung walked in, looking flawless as usual. My gaze tailed as he moved towards his place . Just before he sat down, miraculously, his eyes met mine . He smiled , just lightly . But enough to make my heart beating like I was chased by a group of dog . I could hear my own heartbeat, and it is beating crazily that I feel like he could hear it too. I unconsciously smiled back . Happiest day of my life!!! But wait, I have to meet Jungkook's mom . Not that happy then.

I was packing my thing when Jungkook suddenly stood beside me. I looked over to him, waiting him to say something. But he just stood there, waiting .

"What?" I asked him . His presence really made me uneasy.

"I'm waiting for you." I sling my bag on my shoulder and stared at him in confusion. He sighed.

"I want to take you to meet my mom. Forgot?" 

Oh yea . I just remembered .Crap. I was suddenly nervous. I was about to lie at an innocent woman.

"Yea yea." I started walking and he followed right after me . Later, we were unconsciously walking side by side. He was quite close to me and that made me uncomfortable. Several students, female especially, started looking at us suspiciously. I walked faster so I don't have to walk beside him .

We were about to enter his car when I suddenly remembered something.

"Jungkook." He looked at me, palm resting on the car door he opened earlier.

"Can we go to my home first? I need to check on Yoojin ."

He just nodded without a word and entered his car.

***

"Yoojin a, take care. I'll be home as soon as possible."

I said as I patted her head. She nodded and smiled brightly . I didn't know why, she looked way happier that day . She must be planning something, she's a girl full of surprises. "Unnie , can I ask something?"

I crouched down.

"What is it honey?"

"You love me, right?"

"What a silly question. Of course I do Jinie ."

"You're not mad at me don't you?"

"Nope. Why should I .."

Yoojin suddenly hugged me, so tight, as if her life depended on me .

"Sorry , unnie . I've troubled you so much . Yet you still love me ."

I hugged her closer . And peck her forehead . Then I pulled away from her .

"What got into you today?" I asked her, chuckling. She just smiled sheepishly .

"Okay then, I'm going ."

She waved her hand and I did the same , too .

"Bye unnie!"

"Bye ." I entered the car and once again waved at Yoojin as the car started moving .

Jungkook suddenly handed me a ring. I took it and move it around with my hand. It's simple but beautiful.

"What's this ?" I ask without taking my eyes off the silver ring .

He lifted up his hand and show me the ring he had on his ring finger . It was the exact same as the one I was holding .

"Couple ring. Couple nowadays usually have this . More convincing, right ?" He said as he examined the ring on his finger. It somehow make me happy. No one had ever gave me anything in my life. He suddenly took the ring inside my hand.

"Look here, it has your name ." He pointed out, with a slight excitement on his face. Well, who thought he would have this side of him.

 I then leaned closer, to take a closer look at the ring he was holding. My name was neatly carved on the inside of the plain silver ring.

"When did you get this?" 

"Yesterday , on my way home from the cafe ." Well , that's fast.

I almost had a heart attack when he took my hand and put the ring on my finger gently. "It's a perfect fit." His voice startled me. He looked up from the ring, planting his gaze on my shocked face. His face abruptly changed too.

I pulled my hand away from his and looked outside the window . Please, hurry up you freaking car. I couldn't stand this awkwardness anymore .

Jungkook's POV

Mom hugged me as soon we arrived at the door house . When she saw Jiyoung, a smile appeared on her face .

"You must be Jiyoung , right ? Aigoo , my son chose well." She then hug Jiyoung tightly . I could see Jiyoung was startled with my mom's action . She seemed clueless on what to do. She then hesitantly hugged my mom back .

"Come in , I cook delicious thing for you lovebirds."

My mom cheerfully walked in leaving Jiyoung speechless. Jiyoung turned to me, and I could see her slightly flinching in surprise when she found out I was looking at her too. I guess she was still embarrassed about what I did to her in the car. It was actually surprised too, I acted mindlessly. But the way she reacted was so entertaining.

She clumsily looked away and took off her shoes. She walked into the door in a such a haste that she tripped, against the air. She fell forward but I caught her in time. She froze when I touched her, and I swear I never wanted to laugh so much as I wanted to do at that time. She was literally glitching, not moving an inch. She then slowly turned her head towards me, and pulled her hand away.

"Thanks!" She said, almost yelling before running inside.

What a cute clumsy chick.

***

"So, your parents, what do they do?"

I glanced at Jiyoung's face and I could see her sorrow . She tried to hide it, but I could see it , clearly.

"They already passed away." Mom seemed really shock.

"Oh, I'm so sorry ."

"No it's fine."

Jiyoung smiled bitterly and returned her attention to her food .

"She has a younger sister ." I said to my mom , knowing that she wanted to know more about Jiyoung .

"Oh really , how old is she?"

"9." She replied with a smile. They keep talking , but mom didn't ask about her parent anymore. Maybe she didn't want Jiyoung to be sad. Mom asked her a lot about Yoojin and I could see happiness in her eyes when she talked about Yoojin. I guessed she really loves her .