Chapter 14

'Girlfriend'

Author's POV

The girl let Jiyoung's chin go almost instantly. Her lips is parted, trying to say something , but no voice come out from . Jungkook come in and close the door after him . Slamming it , to be exact. Almost all of them flinch because of his action. 

He put his both hand in his blazer's pocket and approach the girl. That girl retreat and look away, trying to escape his deadliest glare . His jaw is moving , trying to hold in his anger. 

"Jungkook.."

Jiyoung call him , in hope to ease down the extremely tense moment.

"Why do you want to know?"

He ignored Jiyoung's call and ask the girl in a tone that would scare even a man. The girl gulped hard, knowing she's helpless.

"Listen, I can let anyone into my car and why that should concern you?"

"I.. I just.. want to know.."

The girl answer in a very shaky voice. Jungkook exhale a small breath from his mouth. 

"Stop putting your nose into someone else's business."

Jungkook warn with a harsh tone , causing the girl's throat dry instantly.

"Get out."

His command leave all of them dazed .

"Get out! "

He repeat his instruction, this time he let it out together with his anger. And just with that the girl and her friends run out immediately. But Jiyoung just stood there. Her feet feel like it is nailed to the ground. Eunji raise her hand in the air slowly .

"Me too?"

She had a feeling that Jungkook has something to settle with Jiyoung. But instead of leaving them alone , she ask first , just in case she don't have to leave . She definitely don't want to leave Jiyoung alone. Plus , she also curious what's up with this two.

Jungkook turn to Eunji and give a 'seriously?' face.

"Ok ok , fine I'll leave."

Eunji put both of her hand in the air while making her way over to leave the class. Jungkook send her out with his gaze.

After Eunji leave, Jungkook return her gaze back to the girl who is standing still in front of him. The girl is obviously uneasy. Jiyoung wait him to say something , but he just stand there , starting at her .

'Why is he behaving like this? Is he mad at me? Why should he? I didn't do anything wrong. Instead , I was the victim. Geez, stop starting me. Jungkook!!'

Jungkook just stare the frowned face of the girl. Apparently something's going on in her mind. Sometimes, she would bit her lower lips. Somehow, Jungkook find that nervous behavior of hers is beyond cute .

"You're weak."

Jungkook's voice snap her out. 

"What?"

It's not like she didn't hear it or what , she just don't know what he's talking about.

"How can you let her did that to you?"

Jiyoung hung her head low, not knowing how to response. After building up some courage , Jiyoung look at him , to answer.

"It's not like that.. I'm just.. "

"Scared?"

Jungkook's unexpected word make Jiyoung's mouth parted.

"Yah! I'm not that coward!"

For some reason , his word make her feel challenged. Jungkook scoffed and crossed his arm.

"Yea, right. Is that why you winced like a cat when she ask you?"

"What do you expect me to say then? That we live in the same house?"

Eunji who was listening the whole conversation outside the closed door almost slipped in surprise even though she's just standing in one spot. She use her right mouth to close her wided open mouth.

Meanwhile , Jungkook tilt his head, eyeing the angry girl .

"Just say that if you want to."

Jiyoung look at him with smalled eyes .

"You're crazy."

And with that she make her way to the door only to find Eunji standing in a really awkward position by the door when she opened it. The startled Eunji clear awkwardly and fix her standing position.

"You're done? I'm waiting for you .Let's go, eat."

Eunji make a last weak attempt to cover her doings. Jiyoung look at her , with her eye fill with suspicion.

"What?"

Eunji pretend to be innocent once again. Jiyoung shake her head and grab Eunji's hand .

"Let's go , fatty.."