Chapter 17

'Girlfriend'

Author's POV

It had been 5 days and Jungkook and Jiyoung hadn't talk to each other since then . Jungkook want to talk to her , to clear things up , but he didn't have the courage to do so. Every time he see her, his mouth shut. He's afraid that he'll hurt her again. Meanwhile , Jiyoung is doing her best to avoid him . It is Sunday morning and Jungkook is watching tv in the living hall . Jiyoung is in the hall , too. She's helping Yoojin doing her homework. They both were sitting  on the floor .Yoojin just started to attend school because of Mrs Jeon's request. Yoojin's school fees and needs was fully by Mrs Jeon. Jiyoung had try to refuse multiple times , but Mrs Jeon won't listen to her. Jiyoung study the little girl sitting cross legged next to her . Even though she enter the school late , she can catch things up pretty well. Yoojin seem really happy every time She went to school . She felt bad when she saw her happy face. She should send her to the school earlier. She want to before , but Yoojin didn't want. Now it's obvious that Yoojin really love school. Just when she gonna love her school too. She had never pay attention to her study. To her, what's important is to keep she and Yoojin alive. The only reason she didn't quit school is her promise to her late mom. Her mom work do hard to send her to school and but her uniform. Her mom always ask her to study hard and be a successful person. Lost in her thoughts , she slightly sigh.'

'I'm sorry,mom'

Without her noticing , Jungkook had been eyeing every single of her action . He realise that she's troubled about something. He really want to know what troubled her and ent to comfort her. But hismouth is shut , not knowing the reason. The door bell ring , catching their attention. Jiyoung quickly stand up, making her way towards the door to open it .

When she open the door , the figure of a girl with extremely huge pink luggage beside her. She tucked a stand of her hair behind her ear while eyeing Jiyoung , from head to toe.

"Who are you?"

Jiyoung stuttered , not knowing what should she say.

Jungkook pop up beside Jiyoung , making a smirk to appear on her pretty face.

"Jungkook, it'd been a long time, right?"

Jungkook bit his inner cheek , trying to hold in his contained feelings. What is this girl doing her? She even bring her luggage . She's not going to stay here, right?

"Aren't you going to invite me inside . It's burning out here."

"Oh , Gayeon a~ You're here."

Mrs Jeon who just come down from her room make her way between the Jiyoung and Jungkook to hug Gayeon tightly.

"Come in. "

Mrs Jeon put her hand on Gayeon's back , guiding her to sit on the couch . Yoojin caught Gayeon's attention .Meanwhile Jungkook is froze in front the opened door. Jiyoung study the guy beside her . He look uneasy. Something must be troubling his mind . But Jiyoung hold in her urge to know and close the door. Her action snap Jungkook from his thoughts. Jiyoung was about to go to where the two ladies is at when Jungkook suddenly grab her hand and pull her closer to him. Jiyoung's heart beat unevenly . Jungkook lean in and whisper in her ear.

"You have to act better from now. Make sure she believe that we are a happy couple."

His soft breath that hit her skin make her gulp hard on her own saliva . She blink repeatedly, flustered on his action. He without a warning put a hand on her shoulder and bring her to the living hall. Gayeon glare them .

"Gayeon , this is Jiyoung. She's.."

"She's my girlfriend."

Jungkook didn't let his mom finish talking and introduce Jiyoung to Gayeon himself. He didn't realise Jiyoung is really uneasy being this close to him . Her heart is beating like crazy .Gayeon seem flustered , but a smile slowly appear on her face. The smile is obviously faked.

"Well , congratulation."

Jiyoung look up at Jungkook and she could see tense is building up between this two.

"Thanks."

Jiyoung reply hesitantly.

 

"Omma~ You said you turn her down. Why is she staying here?!"

Jungkook eyed his mom in frustration . He almost scream when his mom ask Gayeon to put her luggage on the room upstairs earlier.

"She keeps asking to stay here . She's my niece . I can't turn her down. Besides, the more the merrier , right?"

He eyed her in disbelief and got out from that room of hers . He rush to Jiyoung's room and open the door only to find Yoojin's sleeping soundly inside. He close the door and went down . 

Upon arriving downstairs , he could see Jiyoung's sitting on the couch , watching tv while munching on something. It's dark, but the tv's light enable him to see her beauty. He stand at the end of the staircases , lose for a while. He walk to her and sit beside her. Jiyoung almost scream in shock.

"Yah, you scared me."

Jungkook snatched the packet of chips away from her and start eating it.

"You!" 

Jiyoung try to snatch it back but Jungkook's long hand make it impossible for her. She use the pillow in her hand to hit him.

"Yah , it's hurts."

Jiyoung ignore him and keep hitting. 

Without a warning , Jungkook suddenly grab her hand and push her down, forcing her to lie down on the couch. Jungkook hold himself from falling forward by putting one of his hand on the couch. Jiyoung is stunned. Jungkook's face is only inch from hers and she could feel his breath hitting her face. Jungkook's eyes is staring right into her eyes , making her heart thump fastly. Jungkook slowly lean in closer. Jiyoung feel something in her stomach. It felt like butterfly is flying in it. She close her eyes , as if she's letting Jungkook to continue what she's doing. For a moment , she feel happy, thinking that she's this close to Jungkook make her feel something she never feel before.