Chapter 28

'Girlfriend'

Jungkook pull her until they reach at the car. Jungkook open the passenger's door and push her in. Jiyoung didn't refuse , even though she's clueless. 

"Where are we going?"

She ask when Jungkook enter the car. Jungkook turn to her and smirk. That leave Jiyoung puzzled.

Jungkook start the car and drive it towards the town. Jungkook rarely drive but he will , this time.

 

The car enter an underground car park of a mall. Jiyoung had been asking him about their destination , but every time, he wouldn't answer. In the end , she decided not to ask and just wait until they arrive.

Jungkook get out from car as soon as the car is parked. His action leave Jiyoung clueless. Before her brain had time to process anything, the for beside her is opened. She turn, eyeing Jungkook who is resting his hand on the opened door. Jungkook raise an eyebrow, causing her to get out from the car immediately.

Jungkook walk towards the mall. Jiyoung run lightly towards Jungkook who where slightly ahead.

"What are we doing here?"

But still, Jungkook don't answer. His relaxed face piss her off. Well , she's not that pissed , but it's kinda annoying.

Frustrated, Jiyoung stop walking.

Jungkook stop too, studying the frustrated girl beside him. Even though she's mad, she's still cute. 

'Oh , Jiyoung , you can't be more cuter..'

Jungkook chuckle , making her more upset. Angrily, she stomp her feet and leave Jungkook alone. It doesn't take long until Jungkook grab her , but he still giggling.

Jiyoung glared her, as if he kill someone. Jungkook lifted his both arm to the air.

"Fine , I'll tell you." He put his hand down when he see Jiyoung's face softened .

"This Wednesday is my mom's birthday. I want to buy her a present. I want your help."

Jiyoung , cross her arm , with an eyebrow raised. 

"That's all? That's why you drag me ask the way here without giving me time to even wash my face? Everyone can tell I just woke up from sleep!"

Jiyoung look away and pouted .

"Aigoo , you still look cute even when you're mad.."

Jungkook reach in to pinch her nose but Jiyoung slap his hand away.

"You could just tell me from the beginning. You're making it harder. Look at my clothes ! I look like an ahjumma , really."

Jungkook move his gaze to her clothes. She's wearing a plain tee with a sweat pants. 

"You look fine. In fact , you look prettier in this kind of clothes."

"Yea right."

Jiyoung then walk back towards the entrance of the mall , still complaining. Her murmuring is barely heard , but watching she stomp her feet as she walk ready make his day. He softly chuckle at her behaviour. He hope she'll always be by his side, making him happy.

 

He watch her as she gobble down on her chocolate ice cream. He never seen anyone eat ice cream like that. Well, there's one person , Taehyung. Thinking of that, his grin faded. What happen between Jiyoung and him that night?

Jiyoung turn to him , only to find he look really troubled.

"What's wrong?"

Jiyoung asked, concerned.

Jungkook turn to her and break out a smile. 

"Nothing. Hurry up and finish your ice cream. We still haven't bought anything."

Hearing his words, Jiyoung is back to gobbling down her ice cream.

 

"How about shoes?"

"I've bought that for her 38th birthday."

Jiyoung bit her own lip , trying to come out with any idea.

"Clothes?"

"35th"

"Handbag?"

"36th"

Hearing his reply , Jiyoung sigh in frustration.

"What's wrong with giving the same prizes? It's not like they're identical. Your mom isn't going to kill you. Aishh!"

Jungkook doesn't even has time to reply when Jiyoung suddenly run , pulling him together with her. She stop in front of a jewelry shop. Jungkook turn at the awed Jiyoung. 

Jiyoung slowly approach the display rack and put her hand against the glass. Jungkook followed her and look inside the display. Well , it's diamonds. No wonder Jiyoung's eyes beamed when she sees them. They're beautiful but it doesn't attract Jungkook. But the diamonds jewelry have a different effect toward Jiyoung. She just stood there, mouth apart .

"Jungkook , buy this."

Jungkook scratch the back of his head, initial sign of refusing.

Jiyoung intertwine her finger, begging like she's asking Jungkook to buy it for her. Her eyes is shining, hoping.

"I don't like it."

"But your mom gonna love it. I'm 200% sure!"

Jungkook turn to the glass display, thinking whether he should buy it or not. 

"Please~"

Jiyoung let out her aegyo and that's drive Jungkook crazy. Her cuteness is his weakness. With her cuteness , even when she ask the whole world, he'll get it for her.

"Ok.. Go and pick one."

Jiyoung squeal in joy and crouch down to take a better look in the jewelries. They're all beautiful but one really captured her heart. It's a set of necklace and earrings. All white diamond. 

He cal Jungkook over and put one finger on the glass , pointing to the case.

"Okay then . We'll take that."

 

Jungkook is paying for the diff when he saw Jiyoung looking in the display rack. Her hand is tested in the glass that separates the jewels from her. He leave the counter and make his way towards her. She's looking st a silver necklace. There's only a few diamonds on it. Jungkook not good in jewelry but he can tell that's not for middle-aged ladies.

She was so into staring the jewels that she didn't notice him by her side until he speak.

"That's for young ladies. My mom wouldn't look good in that."

Jiyoung turn , startled. 

"I know.. I'm just looking."

She say before she leave for the counter.

Jungkook look at the necklace again. Something knock him to his senses.

Jiyoung want this.