Chapter 10

'Girlfriend'

Jungkook's POV

Jiyoung's lifeless figure, lying weakly on the hospital bed wrench my heart. Her extremely pale face and colorless lips didn't make anything better either. If I was in her place I didn't know how would I reacted. I didn't know if I could hold on.  I couldn't imagine the pain she was dealing with. 

When I was dumped by Gayeon, I felt like the world is so unfair towards me. When I knew my father had an affair, I thought everything in this world were against me. I filled myself with rage and hatred, feeling like I was the only person who was put into such tough situation.  After I met Jiyoung, I learned that I was not that unlucky, Instead, I was extremely lucky. I couldn't even compare the s that I had been through to Jiyoungs. Jiyoung had been through so much, yet she was still able to smile and happy. Her love for Yoojin also amazed me. That kid certainly put her through some , but still, she loves her more than anything in the world.

I leaned closer, absorbing every of her soft features of her face. I've never noticed before, but she is actually outstandingly beautiful. The long lashes of her closed eyes were beautifully clashed with each other. Her perfectly arched bushy eyebrows that make her look intimidating and innocent at the same time. Her skin had some barely seen acne scars, but rather, she was indeed flawless. My eyes scanned over her whole face, and stopped at he beautifully shaped lips. A weird jiggle was triggered in the pit of my stomach as I did so.

 I looked away immediately, wanting to chase away the unfamiliar feeling. But my gaze landed on her motionless hand. Her slender fingers were feebly curled towards her palm. I sighed. My mind wandered to the time I held her hand in front of the burning house. It was extremely cold at that time, it terrifies me. As if her soul already left her body. Were they still cold? I felt an urge to grab her hand, and it was so strong that I was already reaching out for it.

Her fingers suddenly flinched, causing me to flinch too. I retreated my hand instantly when she lightly whined.

"Jiyoung.."

I called her slowly, not wanting her to be surprised. She opened her eyes slowly, wicing because of the bright light. Terror filled her blank face in a second as she shot out from the bed.

"Yoojin , Yoojin." She called Yoojin's name repeatedly as she she yanked the blanket off her, trying to get down. I bolted up from the chair and stopped her.

"Jiyoung , calm down."

"No, I have see her . Where's she?"

"Jiyoung, she's fine . She need to rest."

She stopped moving and innocently peered into my eyes.

"Really?"

I nodded reassuringly and that cause her to exhale a big sigh of relief. She settled on the side of the bed, through her hair with her fingers.

"Thank God.."

She whispered slowly, but loud enough for me to hear. She broke into a smile, and tears, at the same time. 

"Oh my God, I was so scared." She buried her face onto her face, and cried. I smiled at the sight of her, because I knew she was crying out of happiness.

Jiyoung's POV

I held Yoojin's cold hand as my other hand gently her hair . Jungkook said she already regained consciousness, and she was just sleeping. The doctor said she didn't suffer from any serious burn, only a few scratches because of the spark from the fire. But she inhaled too much carbon dioxide. Miraculously, that didn't deeply effect her also. She just needed a few days of rest with occasional oxygen supply  and she was good to go. I couldn't help but to wonder how can she survived when our house was completely destroyed in the fire. Not that I want to imagine what the worst that could have happened. But it amazed me. And I was really grateful . Remembering our house, I felt troubled again. My house, it was in no condition for any human to live in. It was destroyed, including the stuffs inside. I was clueless. What should I do? I gripped on Yoojin's hand tighter, in hope I could gain some strength. I decided to not think of that first. I should be grateful that Yoojin was fine.

"Jiyoung.."

I looked over my shoulder, Jungkook was halfway through the door.

"My mom's here."

I got off from chair, ready to greet her. Her mom showed up right after him and straight away hugged me, so tight, and full of genuine. A kind of hug my mom used to give me when I was upset.

"Jiyoung , I'm so sorry about what happened ."

She pulled away from me, and I could see in her eyes, she was sincerely concerned. I smiled, trying to show a tough side. I have to be strong. She replied my smile and repeatedly patted forearm. She then approached Yoojin and held her hand.

"How's she?"

"She's fine. Nothing serious. She's sleeping now."

"That's good." She gently patted her hand, before her forehead. "Poor girl, she must have been so scared." She put down her small hand and walked towards me.

"So, have you contacted your relatives?" She asked concernedly.

I blinked repeatedly at her question, I didn't know what to say. I have no relatives, specifically, I didn't know if I have one. My mom was completely abandoned by her family when she chose to marry Dad. Dad on the other hand, never told anything about his family. And I never asked, cause I was too scared.

"I-I have no relatives." I hesitantly answered.

Mrs. Jeon's eyes widened in shocked upon hearing my words, and was speechless for a few seconds.

"Then, where are you staying after this?"

"I'll figure out soon."

"You mean, you don't have any place to stay?"

"I'll sure have soon, don't worry." I said with a faked smile, trying to convince her as she seemed so freaked out.

She suddenly grabbed both of my hands.

"Jiyoung, come stay with us.

My blood ran cold at her statement . I glanced at Jungkook , but he looked extremely calm, as if he was expecting this.

"I..I" I stuttered because of the shock .

"Jiyoung , I won't take a no as an answer. You're going to stay with us as soon as Yoojin is discharged."

"I don't want to trouble you , Mrs Jeon . I don't think ..."

"Shh. I don't care. You're staying with us , and that's it. "

"But-"

"Okay I'm going to buy some food for Yoojin, wait here okay?" She butted in and left as soon as she blurted out those words. My gaze landed on Jungkook, standing coolly with his hand hugging his body. I approached him hastily.

"Jungkook, tell her, tell her that I don't have to stay at your house. I'll be fine, really. I'll find a place to stay."

Jungkook tilted his hand and leaned closer.

"Really? Where?"

"Anywhere. I'll work on it!"

He snorted and leaned against the door. "Are you stupid? Where are you going to find a place to stay? You wanna rent one? With that tiny salary of yours?"

I gulped hard at his words. He spoke nothing but the truth. But I was not going to be annoyingly thick-skin and stayed at other's house out of the blue. Jungkook's mom had been nothing but nice towards me, and I lied to her. She thought I genuinely loved her son and was making him happy, not being a fakeass for some money. I felt so wronged to just bluntly accept her offer.

"I'll take care of it. I'll be fine."

Jungkook let out a deep sigh. "You'll be fine? Will Yoojin be fine too?"

I almost chocked at his words. I looked down in embarrassment. Refuse to admit that I was defeated. Refuse to believe that being shameless and accept the offer to stay at their house was the best option. 

"I am lying to her. I am pretending. How can I not feel guilty to just stay in your house?" 

"Listen, none of that matters now. You have to think of Yoojin. This is the best for her."

I looked up at him, and greeted by an extremely unfamiliar sight. Jungkook was staring at me. His gaze was.. soft. And tender. Full of sincerity and concern. I was so lost into his luminous, black eyes. It was so pleasing staring into those two pools of beauty. And he didn't look away too. The door suddenly pushed opened, jerking Jungkook who was leaning against it forward, towards me. His firm body collided into me, causing me to fall backwards. But he caught me instantly, pulling me towards him.

"Oh sorry, was someone behind the do-"

Mrs. Jeon peeked in and trailed off when she saw us, who apparently seems like hugging. We both pulled away from each other at the same time, and I swear I could feel the heat rushing up towards my face. Mrs. Jeon panicked and hastily grabbed her clutch at the by the door, without taking any further steps in.

"I forgot this, hehe. Bye, you can proceed." She said as she slammed back the door to close.

We both stood still for a few moments, before I clumsily walked towards Yoojin, and sat on the chair by her bed, not turning back even once. 

I heard Jungkook cleared his throat once and left the room. I sneakily looked over my shoulder, and he was not there anymore. I let out a deep breath of relief and planted my head on the bed. I planted my palm against my rapidly beating chest. Why? Why was my heart acting that way? The scene of me being pulled in his hand repeatedly replayed in my mind. 

And something suddenly crossed my mind. During the fire. The time  when he held my hand, my face and pulled me inside of his embrace, trying to calm me down. I thought he was just a cold, thoughtless jerk. But the way he comforted me, it made me think that he was the completely opposite of that. My heart flattered at the thought of me, being that close to him. Oh God.