Chapter 7

'Girlfriend'

"So , you need to pretend in front of my mom and a girl." I listened to him carefully .

"Who's that girl?" I asked , curious.

"You don't need to know." He replied, cold as ever .

"So, for one month only, right?

"Nope , three months."

I glared his surprised face in surprise .

"Earlier you said a month!" I protested. I really didn't want to be his girlfriend for any time longer.

"When? I never said anything about how long you're going to do this."

"You did! You said 3000000 won for a month."

"Yeah , so 9000000 won for three months." He said calmly, as if those amount of money was nothing to him. Well, that might be true.

Me however, "Ea?! Ni.. Nine million won?!" He shook my head as I keep on staring at him with wide-opened mouth. He suddenly pushed my chin up using his index finger .

"Close your mouth. It's embarrassing, really.."

Well, that was humiliating. I pursed my lips before clearing my throat awkwardly. I then stared at the table, the digit 9 with 6 zeros kept on flashing before my eyes. "Holy .." I murmured, still amused.

Suddenly, a honey-like, beautiful and mesmerizing chuckle penetrated my eardrums. I looked up abruptly, to find the dude who usually have his face 24/7, laughing. It was short and just small laugh, but somehow, it felt so beautiful. Probably because you can only hear it once in a lifetime. I mean, I was surprised he still remember how to laugh.

I just stared at him as he reached out for his coffee, sipping it smoothly. Why does everything he did seemed so mesmerizing? It was such a waste that beautiful face is owned by him.

"So, do you have time tomorrow?" He suddenly voiced, slightly surprising me.

"Ea.. What?" Gosh I hope he didn't caught me staring at him .

"Do you have time tomorrow?" He repeated his question with the exact same intonation. His question make my heart jump faster. Did he want to ask me out? For a date?

"Mm. I don't think so. I have to work after school."

"Skip, then. I want you to meet my mom ."

"Ea?! Why should I do that? Only real girlfriend did that.." The annoyance was back on his face.

"Did you forgot you have to pretend in front of my mom?" Well , that's freaking true . Wake up , Jiyoung!

"But I can't skip . My work is important. I need money ."

"How much are you paid per day?" That's a weird question. My eyebrow furrowed as I tried to remember how much my payment per day was. Why did he wanted to know anyway ?

"18000 won , but I was paid monthly , not daily." . He reached into his pocket, taking out his wallet . He took out several pieces of money and put in on the table .

"Here ,20000 won." But I just stared at him , puzzled. What was on is mind?

"After school, I'll take you to my home. No need to go to work. You're afraid you won't get paid, right? So, I'm paying you."

I changed my attention to the bills on the table.

"It's okay, I'll follow you, you don't need to pay me for this too."

"Just take it, it's just 20000 won." My gaze didn't leave the two 10000 won bills on the table. Somehow my pride was hurt. Was I too shameless? Pretending to be someone's girlfriend for money? Was I worthless? Was I that desperate? Was this the right thing to do?

The door bell ring , showing someone enters. I turned my attention to the door, and my heart skipped a beat. It was him. Kim Taehyung . He looked around for a while and then our eyes hooked. The time temporarily stopped for me when he sent me a light smile, and started walking towards us. I immediately came to my sense, he was here to meet Jungkook . Straight away, I stood up and bowed to him who had just arrive by the table .

"Welcome." I stuttered a bit , eyes fixed on his Gucci sandal. Damn this boy rich af. "Oh , Jiyoung ssi . You work here ?" I looked up at his face upon hearing his deep y voice, and I almost faint upon seeing his face up close. He even know my name. Oh my god, his honey, melanin skin, his strong yet gentle features, his alluring dark brown eyes. How is he so perfect? My knees were weak. I couldn't think straight.

"Jiyoung?" He waved his hand in front of my face, almost sending my soul flying the of my body.

"Y..yes , I work here." He tilted his head a bit and nod in response. ING CUTEEEEEE. He then sat down on the chair I just got off from .

"Order?" I asked as I took out the notebook and a pen from my apron pocket. Taehyung pointed his slender index finger at Jungkook's cup .

"What's this?"

"Macchiato." Jungkook and I answer in unison. For a while , the atmosphere feel really awkward .

"I'll have this then." Taehyung broke the silence. I nod and wrote that.

"Anything else?"

He shook his head and give me a smile. Gosh for 's sake Taehyung, it's ing unfair to be THAT beautiful. I nodded awkwardly and left, grinning widely after turning around.