Chapter 24

'Girlfriend'

Gayeon stare the tv but she's not watching it, really. Her mind is fill with Jungkook. She thought he will feel sorry for her and will look after her when she's hospitalized. But that's not what happen. Jungkook doesn't even care about how's she. After running out for Jiyoung last night , he didn't show up. Mrs Jeon had called him multiple times but he wouldn't answer. She bit her lower lip. She can't just hit her own head with vase in vain. She made Mrs Jeon angry with Jiyoung. But not Jungkook. Her ward door open , revealing Mrs Jeon who's holding a cup of coffee. She put the coffee on the table and sit on the chair by the table . She took Gayeon's hand and give her a smile. Gayeon reply the smile, faked , for sure.

"I'm sorry. We try to go back home as fast as possible even we got your text. I can't believe Jiyoung did this. She seem so sweet. I almost can't believe it when I see your text. Jungkook doesn't even want to turn back. He thought you were bluffing. But I insist , too bad, she already got you. I'm sorry . "

Gayeon give the sweetest smile.

"It's ok. I'm glad you know who's Jiyoung really are."

Mrs Jeon nod and exhale a small breath.

"Jungkook.. where's he?"

"I don't know. He still won't answer the phone."

Gayeon sigh at the expected answer. 

"Gayeon.. Do you want to.. report her to the police?"

Gayeon gulp , surprised by the unexpected question. She stuttered , not pretty sure about what she should say. If she does , the police will make further investigation and maybe they'll know Jiyoung's innocent.

"I know you're angry. But don't report her. I'll make sure she will never hurt you again. I just... Yoojin need her. If she's jailed , Yoojin must be really upset."

Gayeon only can smile at the woman's request . Apparently , she still care about Jiyoung. 

 

The light disturbed the sleeping Jungkook. He open his eyes slowly as he woke up . His back is in pain from sleeping on the couch the whole night. Luckily it's Sunday today. He don't have to go to school.

Remembering yesterday's incident , he sigh. He ruffle his messy hair , trying to tidy it up a little bit. Then , he remember something. Yoojin is still sleeping. She still don't have any idea about what happen to her sister. He rush upstairs and make his way to Jiyoung's room quickly. When he open the door , he's softened at what he see. Yoojin is still sleeping, in Jiyoung's embrace. He knew it, she won't leave Yoojin unattended. 

He close the door , not wanting them to wake up.

 

Jiyoung is woken up by the noises downstairs . She's a lightsleeper, so even small noises will wake her up. She rub the sleepiness away and sit still on the bed . Her gaze fall on the ring she's wearing. Instantly , yesterday's incident replayed before her eyes.

Flashback

Taehyung's face and hers was only inches away. But she didn't feel what she's feeling when Jungkook do the same thing before. She look away, refusing to kiss him. She can't deny it any longer. Her feeling for the guy beside her is gone. There's only one person she love now.. It's Jeon Jungkook. Her 'boyfriend'. Taehyung back away, knowing exactly how she feels. He poke his inner cheek with his tongue. Unable to hide his frustration , he stand up and kick the tree beside him while letting out a loud yell. Jiyoung gulped at his sudden changed behaviour.

"S..Sorry."

Taehyung put his palm on the tree , regretting his harsh action. He shouldn't have done that.

Jiyoung then slowly turn , leaving Taehyung alone. After a few steps, Jiyoung turn back , only to see he's staring back at her.

End of flashback.

Jiyoung sigh. How should she face everyone now? Should she leave the house? That seems to be the thing she should do now. But where should she go? What about Yoojin? Her stomach growl, and that remind her of something. She should make breakfast for Yoojin. She got off the bed slowly, so Yoojin won't wake up.