Chapter 15

'Girlfriend'

Author's POV

Eunji put her sandwich down and lean back. She can't hold it back anymore. Her curiosity is killing her.

"Mind explaining to me what the hell is all of this about?"

Jiyoung stop chewing on her sandwich and take a glace at her bestfriend in front of her. She then put her sandwich down and lean back too. 

"Well , that chick's angry because she saw me getting out from Jungkook's car. She said that earlier. Don't you hear it?"

Jiyoung said , innocent as ever.

Eunji lean in, resting her hand on the table. She glare Jiyoung , knowing that Jiyoung know that's not what she means. Jiyoung lean forward , putting her chin on her palm and stare Eunji's face , expressionless.

"Why?"

Eunji clench her teeth and flick Jiyoung's forehead. Her action make Jiyoung scream in pain.

I heard everything , you fool.

Jiyoung who is still rubbing the pain off parted her lips to answer Eunji .

"Then why are you asking? You heard everything."

"Ayy , this girl"

Eunji move her hand to flick Jiyoung's head again but Jiyoung manage to push away her hand.

"Fine , I'll tell you ! Nosy .."

Eunji's eyes beamed , excited to know .

"My house was destroyed in the fire. So Jungkook let me stay in his house."

"Why did he let you stay in his house? I mean, you're not close to him. You doesn't even talk to him. And suddenly, he let you stay with him?"

"Why would I know? Ask him."

Eunji's face frowned in frustration. Just when her friend become this secretive? But she decide not to ask anymore , knowing that Jiyoung probably feel uncomfortable. She then spotted Taehyung entering the canteen. 

"Hey , it's your sunshine."

Jiyoung immediately look behind , and at that moment, her eye is locked with his. Jiyoung look away instantly, a natural response when she locked eyes with him. It's rarely happens , but for some reason , it's happening frequently lately. As soon as he see the girl, he feel pleased . He himself is not sure what he's feeling , but he wants to see her all the time. 

"Omo omo ~ he's walking towards here. Control yourself. Don't sore your excitement. Endure..Endure.."

Eunji's word didn't help to calm her down even a bit .

"Hye, girls.."

His voice make the girls to turn abruptly at him.

"H..hey"

Jiyoung's stuttered voice make him chuckled.

"Can I sit here ?"

Eunji look at Jiyoung , expecting her to answer . But she just stare Taehyung , with slightly apart . Eunji almost facepalm herself seeing Jiyoung's reaction. This girl is to easy to read .

"Sure."

Eunji's answer make Jiyoung come back to her senses. She mentally curse herself for being so embarrassing. Taehyung leisurely take the sit beside Jiyoung , making her heart stop for a moment. She gulped hard , nervous for some reason. She had never been this close to him . She clumsily reach for her sandwich and munch it. She's trying to chase away her nervousness.

Eunji who is watching Jiyoung's expression want to chokeslam her. This girl can't be more obvious. 

The chair beside Eunji is suddenly pulled by someone, making her to turn in shock. Jungkook sit down , ignoring the shock Eunji and Jiyoung who is eyeing his every action.

Jungkook turn to Jiyoung , who apparently is still in shock.

 "What with that face , dear?"

Jungkook's word make  all three pairs of eye widen in surprise.

Jungkook look at them one by one and fixed his glare on Jiyoung . He tilt his head slightly as he lean forward.

"What ? Never heard someone call their girlfriend dear?"

At that moment, Jiyoung lose her grip on her sandwich that she is trying to eat earlier. Taehyung seems surprise, too. But he's doing his best to hide his shock. Something linger in his heart. And it's painful. Jiyoung steal a glance at Taehyung. 

'Great, now he thinks I'm dating Jungkook.' She turn to Jungkook only to find him leaning back to his chair , like the person who own the world.

'Why in the hell are you doing this, Jungkook?'