Chapter 33

'Girlfriend'

Jungkook is glaring them, eyes filled with tense. He approach them, causing Taehyung to turn, facing him completely. Jungkook and Taehyung glare each other, right in the eyes. Jiyoung just stood there, frozen. Not even a single word is able to escape from . After a few moments full of tense, Jungkook parted his lips, saying the things he's dying to say.

"She's my girl. I'm the one who supposed to be by her side, not you."

Taehyung reply his cold words with a smirk.

"You should do that. If I know  you're not taking a good care of her .. I'll not hesitate to take her from you. Or maybe, I'll pound you to death."

His words worried Jiyoung but not Jungkook.

"I'm gonna take a good care of her even if you're not telling me to do so. So.. Stop butting in."

Jungkook walk passed him, crashing his shoulder purposely. He grab her hand and pull her away.

Realizing Jungkook is trying to take her out from the library, she started to struggle to break free from his grip.

"My stuff is still inside.."

Hearing her words, Jungkook stop walking but still holding her hand.

"I'll get it for you."

He let go of her hand and run into the library. Jiyoung send him of with a puzzled gaze .

Jungkook's back a few minutes later, with her bag. He handed the bag and Jiyoung took it with hesitant.

"We're going home."

Jungkook leave her alone, dazed. After a while, she run , trying to catch him up.

"I still have to study."

"Study at home."

"Why?"

Jungkook sigh before abruptly stop walking, causing her to stop too. He look into her eyes, and she did the same thing with his. They look into each other eyes for a while , until Jungkook's voice broke the silence.

"I hate seeing you with him."

After saying that, he left for his car immediately, as if he didn't want to hear Jiyoung's response. Jiyoung froze at her spot, with his words filling her mind up.

'What did he mean? Why did he hate seeing me with Taehyung?'

Those question linger in her mind along her way home. He's beside her, but she's unable to ask, even though she's dying for an answer. In the end, they both didn't say a thing on their way home.

 

She huffed in annoyance as she ruffled her hair with both of her hand. She gave up on solving the math problem in the end, closing the book harshly.

'Darn you, math!'

Frustrated, she buried her face in her palms. The knock on her causing her to jolted in surprise. While making her way over to open the door, she managed to take a peek at sleeping Yoojin, concerned that the knock wake her up. She smile in relieve when seeing she's not disturbed at all. She open the door only to find Jungkook is standing behind it, looking restless as ever.

"Can I talk with with you?"

 

Jiyoung put the tea she just made on the table and took a seat on the chair opposite to the one that Jungkook is sitting on. Jiyoung eyed the guy, noticing the troubled face of his. 

"What's wrong?"

He took a deep breath, wondering whether he should tell her this. He reached for the cup and put his palm against the cup, hoping the warmth of it will ease him .

"My mom.. She said she want my dad with us again."

Jiyoung hung her head low, not showing any sign of surprise. She expected this. And that puzzled Jungkook.

"You know?"

Jiyoung bit her lower lip and look into Jungkook's eyes.

"Actually, yesterday.. She met me."

Flashback

Jiyoung almost scream in surprise when she saw Mrs Jeon in front of her when she turn. She rub her chest gently, trying to chase the shock away.

"Mrs Jeon, what are you doing here?"

Mrs Jeon took a deep breath before sitting on the chair in the dining hall. Jiyoung realise she's trying to say something important seeing her frowned face. She took a seat beside her, ready to hear whatever she's trying to say.

"Actually, Jungkook's dad, is your principal."

Jiyoung nod as a response. Her unsurprised face puzzled Mrs Jeon. She expect Jiyoung to be extremely surprise. Jiyoung study Mrs Jeon's expression and realise she's wondering why is she's not surprised.

"Jungkook told me."

Mrs Jeon carve a bitter smile as she nod slightly.

"Of course he did."

Mrs Jeon is acting jumpy so she didn't say a word, giving her time to say what she's going to say.

"Did Jungkook told you that.. Mr Jeon.. mm.. He.."

Even though she stuttered and didn't finish her words, Jiyoung know exactly what's she going to say.

"He did."

Jiyoung's statement stop her attempt to ask her. Mrs Jeon parted her lips to say something but nothing came out from .

After some minutes of silence, Mrs Jeon finally speak.

"I'm.. actually, I don't know."

She suddenly burst into tears and buried her face into her palms.

"I'm confused. Every time he apologise, I want to forgive him. But the anger is still in me.. I just.. I don't know.."

She continue crying, not knowing know what actually she should do. 

"You love him?"

Jiyoung's question trigger something deep in her heart. She's not sure.

"If you still love him, nothing's wrong with giving him a second chance. He deserves a second chance. Your family too. But it's up to you."

Jiyoung make her way to Mrs Jeon and gently hug her from behind.

"I want you to be happy, I want this family to be happy."

Jiyoung back off a bit and bow.

"Good night.."

Jiyoung went upstairs, leaving Mrs Jeon fighting with her own feelings.

She took a deep breath, ready to open a new book to her, and to her family.

End of flashback.