Chapter 12

'Girlfriend'

Jiyoung's POV

"Do you need help , Mrs Jeon?"

She took a glance at me over her shoulder, her hand still diligently preparing the dinner. Her pale pink lips cracked into a sweet smile as soon as her gaze landed on me.

"Oh, Jiyoung. No, it's fine. I'm almost done." She diverted her attention back to the dinner. I nodded slightly, despite knowing she wouldn't see my reaction. I stood awkwardly still at my spot, eyeing Mrs. Jeon as she went back and forth from the stove and the dining table, arranging the dishes neatly onto the table. Senses knocked me, and I immediately went over to her, helping her to set the table. She sent me a warm smile when I did so.

"Aigoo, thank you, Jiyoung." I grinned at her words. 

"This is nothing, Mrs. Jeon."

"By the way, Jiyoung. You're still in your school uniform."

My hand froze, and I quickly scanned my body. Yes, I knew. Cause I don't have any other clothes. I left the house in school uniform, and all my other clothes were gone in the burn. Even Yoojin was wearing a dress Mrs. Jeon just bought for her. We basically have nothing. I was lucky enough my school uniform was still in tact. 

"Ah, that's-"

"Go to Jungkook's room. Ask for some clothes and get change. Tomorrow, both of you go out to buy some clothes for you and Yoojin, all right?"

I stared at her without blinking, dazed at her words. 

"Why?" She asked innocently.

"Mrs. Jeon, there's really no need for that. I'll take care of-"

"No-oh. Tomorrow, we all are going out for shopping. I want to buy some stuff for me too. It's been a long time." She said as she sauntered towards the cabinet, grabbing the plates. 

When she placed the plates on the table, she looked at me, tilting her head. 

"What are you waiting for? Go change, and call them for dinner too, okay?"

"...Y-Yes."

I unwillingly left the dining hall, climbing up the stairs, then, dragging my heavy feet towards Jungkook's room. I was about to knock, but my hand froze. A sudden heat rushed towards my face, imagining him playing the guitar. I couldn't lie. He was extremely attractive. Only if he wasn't a jerk- wait, is he? Him saving Yoojin's life made him anything but a jerk. In other words, he's perfect. Good-looking, charismatic, rich, talented, and nice too. He certainly need to fix the way he talked to other people, and he need to learn to smile, at least once a day. He looks way better when he did.

The door suddenly open, scattering away my thoughts, and nailing all of my muscles at their current spots. Jungkook flinched backward when my face greeted him unexpectedly.

"Aish, that scared me." He glared at me, clenching his teeth in annoyance.

I fixed my posture, standing straight with both of my hands together. "S..sorry."

He leaned against the door, hand in his pocket. "What are you doing here?"

I escaped his glare, staring at my fidgeting fingers instead. "Dinner's ready."

"I know." I couldn't see his response, but he was still not moving. I guess he was still glaring at me. I plucked up the courage to look up at him, and my guess was true. Our eyes met, and my heart started pounding irregularly.

"You got anything else to say?"

"D-Do you have any clothes? The ones you no longer wear? I wanted to borrow them. Cause I have no clothes. As you see, I'm still in my school uniform. All of my clothes were in the burn-"

"Jiyoung." He cut me off. "I get it."

"Come here." He entered back his room, and I obediently tailed him. He stopped in front of his humongous cupboard and slide it open. Numerous of hanged shirts and hoodies were in it.

He picked a black piece, I wasn't sure what it was and handed it too me. He then pulled out the drawer, pulling out a gray sweatpants.

"Here, anything else?"

"N-No."

I bowed with the clothes in my hands. "Thanks."

***

Jungkook's POV

The dishes were outstandingly in a greater amount than usual. Mom was surely excited about Jiyoung and Yoojin's presence. She was happily explaining about the food to Yoojin, who never had her eyes left the food. Her eyes sparkled with amazement at the sight of them. At that time, I could see her resemblance with her sister. Both of their round eyes sparkled when they were widely opened. Even their cheeks blushed in the same tone of rosy pink. It made them look super cute.

"Mmm~ Where's unnie? I want to eat quickly~"

She whined with a pout. Wow, they even pouted in the same way. Amazeballs. 

"Wait for a while, okay darling. Your sister will be here soon." My mom said while caressing her hair.

Just then, a silhouette approached the dining table. All of us turned to it, and I burst out laughing. The long-sleeved hoodie was almost twice her actual size, making both of her palm out of the view. The hoodie almost reached her knee, which I found really amusing as it only reach the upper part of my thigh if I wear it. Her face made everything better. She looked cutely pathetic. If that even made sense. Her round eyes slanted downwards, like a doe, and her lips was slightly jerked outwards, pouting. 

A slap landed on my exposed forearm, stopping my laugh abruptly. 

"Yah, Jungkook. Don't you have anything decent to give her? Why did you lent her those?" My mom nagged.

"How would I know? All of my clothes are this big. She's at fault for being to small."

"What kind of nonsense-"

"Mrs. Jeon, it's okay. This is more than fine." Luckily, she stopped mom.

"That's right. It's fine. Look at her. She looks cute." I blurted out mindlessly, and continued laughing. My laugh halted when I realized what just slipped off my mouth. My gaze unknowingly panned towards Jiyoung. She was stunned, staring at me as if I was some kind of freak. And her blush became more obvious.

I cleared my throat awkwardly, and look away. 

"Sit down, Jiyoung. Let's eat." My mom voiced, ending the suffocating silence.

***

"Mm, this is really good. Aunty, you're a really good cook !"

Yoojin complimented with still stuffed with food. Mom looked at her endearingly, and gave her a smile.

"Really?" Yoojin nodded excitedly at mom's question, making my mom to let out a chuckle. She patted the crown of her head gently. "Thank you~"

Yoojin grinned at her and continued eating. I studied her and noticed that her dimples showed up when she was munching. I sneakily looked at my side, at Jiyoung, and quietly studied her too. She has it too. Dimples. And it only showed up when she was munching. Somehow, I found that really amusing. And I also noticed, Jiyoung wasn't focusing much on eating. he had her eyes fixed on Yoojin the whole time. Occasionally  smiling when Yoojin made a remark, or when Yoojin genuinely complimented the food.

"My mom.. she was a really good cook too. She used to make us very delicious dishes."

One sentence, just one sentence from Yoojin, completely robbed the shine and sparkle off her eyes. They were suddenly filled with solemn and grief, that she couldn't hide, even if she was trying so hard to do so.

"Oh, Yoojin, try these dumplings. I made a lot of them." My mon took several dumplings, putting them onto Yoojin's plate.

"Thank you~" She sang happily, and innocently. Oblivious of her sister's feelings. 

Jiyoung had her eyes glued on the food, poking the chicken with her chopsticks, not even eating. I felt sullen seeing her like that. I somehow felt the need to chase away her sadness.

"Did you eat with your eyes?"

She turned to me, eyes glazed with bafflement. "Ea?"

"Ah- I'm eating." She looked away from me, and continued eating.

***

Jiyoung's POV

I woke up at the faint noises from downstairs. Yoojin was still soundly sleeping, so I crept off the bed as slow as I can to not wake her up. I glanced at the clock on the wall, it was 8 a.m. I stretched my back, trying to loosen up the knot in my vertebrae. Soon after, the faint noises became clearer. Someone was cooking in the kitchen. Something hit me. I should've help preparing the breakfast. Lurking in someone house without paying, and not helping with the chores? That sounded like what a total taffy brat would do. And I didn't want to be one. I rushed downstairs, almost stumbling when going down the stairs and luckily I was quick enough to grab the rail. Otherwise I would've broke several bones. Upon arriving, numerous eye- material dishes were already adorning the dining table. Mrs. Jeon noticed my presence right away, and she broke into a motherly smile.

"Oh, Jiyeon, you're up on time. I was about to wake you guys up." She said as she took off her apron.

I timidly scratch the back of my head. "You're done? I was just about to help you.."

She chuckled. "It's okay. I don't need any help."

"But still- Letting you to prepare the breakfast all alone is a little bit-"

"Aigoo, Jiyoung. You're my guest, not my maid. Why should you be burdened by that?"

"I'm not going to stay here without doing anything. Mrs. Jeon, if you ever need any help, please don't hesitate to ask for my help."

Mrs. Jeon's lips formed a thin line, with a slight upwards curve upon hearing my words. 

"Okay.. I need help now."

My eyes widened in wary. "What is it?"

"Go get them for breakfast."

"Ah. O-Okay."

Straightaway, I went upstairs and went to our room and woke Yoojin up. It was rather easy as she popped up immediately at the mention of food. The real problem was Jungkook. I had to wake him up. Ugh. It somewhat making me anxious. 

I stood in front of his room's door like a cursed mannequin. After what seems like forever, I yelled ' it' repeatedly in my mind and knocked. 

One.. two.. three.. No answer.

I knocked again.

One.. two..

Ugh, YOLO.

I opened the door with my shivering hand and peeked in. A bust of cold air from the air-conditioner slapped my face. Gosh, he could sleep with the antarctic-like temperature? Jungkook was still sleeping, wrapped with his thick comforter on his bed, only his face was showing. I gulped hard on my saliva, my heart suddenly pounding faster than usual.

I walked in, almost tip-toeing, not wanting to make any noise. When I arrived by his bed, he suddenly whined, and rolled over across his gigantic bed still wrapped in the comforter. He rolled so aggressively that he was an inch away from toppling from the bed. A high-pitched squeal escaped my mouth as I jerked forward, stopping him from falling down with both of my palm. Luckily, it worked. I exhaled out a breath of relief, but immediately chocked when I realized my palms was firmly planted against his abs, and chest. My gaze panned over slowly towards his face, and I my blood literally flowed backwards when I found he was awake, staring at me, half sleepy, half confused.

"What are you-"

I pulled away my hands in a heartbeat, cutting his words off.

"You- you almost fell. I just helped.." I explained, not wanting him to have any wrong any idea.

He sit up and stretched his neck, in the most possible y way. He then ruffled his messy hair, before swiping it backward, revealing his glorious, astounding forehead. How is it possible to look that fine right after waking out from a deep slumber.

"Yeah thanks. I fell off my bed almost every day, it ain't serious." Woah what? What is he so rough for? 

He yanked away the comforter from his body, and I almost stumbled over air upon the sight of him in sleeveless white top and a short.

"T- the breakfast is ready." I voiced and instantly turned, leaving the room. I couldn't stand another second in the room.

 "Is he crazy? Why would he wear such revealing clothes and sleep in that coldness? Is he some kind of Antarctican animal?" I mumbled as I went down the stairs.

***

"Mom~ Please let me drive~" Jungkook repeatedly whimpered as Mrs. Jeon was locking the front door.

"Nope. One destroyed car is enough." She walked over to the driver side of the car as Jungkook glared her, protesting. 

"That's not my fault! Some kind of freak rammed their trolley into my car!" Jungkook turned towards me, scowling at me. I chocked on air at his action and looked down in guilt.

"Whatever, get inside. Girls, get in quickly."

"I want to sit in front!" Yoojin screamed in joy as she ran passed Jungkook, diligently opening the the front passenger's door, and got in.

"Yah, kid! That's my seat!" 

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook! You're 17. Act like one. So childish, tch." Mrs. Jeon rolled her eyes at Jungkook. "Sit behind." She stated firmly as she get into the car.

I stood awkwardly, eyeing the quarreling mother and son. 

"Quickly!" She yelled when Jungkook didn't move. Jungkook finally reached for the door and get in, and I did, too. I was honestly surprised at this side of Jungkook. He seemed like a young, carefree and rebellious child when he was with his mom. Knowing him, I thought he was a person who was cold towards anyone, including his family. It didn't take a genius to know, how Jungkook actually cared about his mom. They sure did quarrel a lot, but in a loving way. He definitely has a soft spot for her mom. And it was really amusing to discover that. As I never thought that side of him actually exist. It made me somehow jealous. I miss mom, even dad. I really wished both of them were still here. That made me think, where's Jungkook's dad? 

***

"Does this looks good on me?" Mrs. Jeon posed with the leather handbag sling on her arm.

"It makes you look old." Jungkook plainly stated, causing a hit to land on his shoulder. He giggled at his mom's reaction. My heart softened at the sight, and a tinge of pain can be felt, and I quickly chased it away. I need to be strong. I couldn't be hurt whenever I saw someone else with their parent. I need to learn to overcome the pain. 

"Jiyoung? How is it?"

"It looks nice." I smiled widely, genuine with my answer. Well, which expensive item wouldn't look good?

"Ah, by the way, Jungkook. Go help Jiyoung to find clothes for her."

"Ah- a- no, it's okay. I can go alone."

"You know your way around here? It's your first time, right?"

I stuttered at her question. I didn't know, but I really didn't want to go with Jungkook, alone.

"No, but- It's just a mall. I can manage." I grinned, trying to convince her. She stared at me, not convinced, however. "Or, we can go together."

"No." Mrs. Jeon grabbed Yoojin's hand. "We're going to find Yoojin's clothes." 

"I want to follow you guys-" 

"Jiyoung." Jungkook's stern voice calling my nama robbed my speech. I slowly turned over to him. "Let's just go. We can have some time on our own." He smirked, HE ING SMIRK AND I SWEAR I WANT TO SLAP HIM FOR BEING SO RUDE.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me away. I couldn't think of anything else at that time. His cold veiny hands was firmly wrapped around my tiny one. I had my gaze fixed on his side, an unfamiliar warmth creeping up my chest. It felt so nice, and cosy. To have his hand, holding mine, and he pulling me through the crowd.  When we was far enough, he stopped walking, and turned back at me. I was lost for a few seconds, but then my conscience kicked in, and I gently squirm my hand away from his grip.

"You need stop being so obvious that you dislike being around me. My mom is going to be suspicious. I paid you, do your work properly."

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "I-I'm sorry."

"Let's go."

He wasn't exactly helping me, he was the one actually picking the clothes. It really worries me how he just blindly picking up the cloth without checking the price tag first. He even picked ridicolous clothes that I wouldn't wear. When he almost had 10 pieces of clothes in his hand, I grabbed his shirt, stopping him to pick more. 

"Jungkook, let me choose too. It's my clothes." I nervously voiced. Jungkook turned fully to face me, gazing right into my eyes.

"Really?" I nodded. "Okay then, choose."

I took away the clothes he was holding and put it away.

"Yah, what are you doing?"

"I don't like those." I grinned nervously, trying not to pissed him off. I was actually afraid that he would be mad. But he really shouldn't be picking clothes for me without even asking me. I mean, not like I asked him to do so. He just casually started doing so, without even asking me. 

I sauntered the area, looking for low-priced and average-looking outfit. I finally found loose uni tees, 10,000 won for three pieces. I smiled in satisfaction and randomly picked 6 pieces of those. 

"Are you serious?" Jungkook glared at me in disbelief.

"Why? They're my style."

"Yeah, yeah whatever." Jungkook hugged his body and leaned against the cloth rack.

"Tops, complete. Now, trousers. Two are enough, right?"

Jungkook glared at me, and shook his head.

"Miss Jiyoung, just follow me." He sternly voiced before taking away the tees off my hand and throwing them back in their places. He then grabbed my forearm and pulled me away. 

"Jungkook, I want those tees. They're cute. I want to choose my own clothes." I complained as he kept pulling me to God knows where. He finally stopped, and he pulled out a hung blouse from the rack.

"Here, is it pretty?" I looked at him, puzzled.

"Ea?"

"Is it pretty?" He repeated with a slightly raised tone.

I scanned the blouse and timidly nodded, honest. 

"Then, we'll take it." He then continue walking forward, pulling me with him.

"This?" He showed me a pale pink, oversized hoodie. 

"Isn't this expensive?"

"Pretty or not?"

"It's pretty but-"

"Then we'll take it."

And that how the rest of the shopping went.