Chapter 36

'Girlfriend'

For the umpteenth time, Jungkook took a deep breath. He's about to make a decision that will change his life.

Jiyoung eyed the restless guy beside him, hoping she could do something to ease him. Her gaze fall on his fingers, which is tapping the table. Slowly, she reach for his hand and bring it closer to her. Jungkook turn to her, startled by her action. She intertwined her finger with his before looking into his eyes. She carve a smile, enough to lessen his uneasiness.

The bell rings, indicating someone is entering the cafe. They both turn to find it is the person they're expecting. They stand up and bow at the approaching Mr Jeon.

"Mr Jeon.."

"Dad.."

Mr Jeon stare at Jungkook in disbelief. He can't believe Jungkook is calling him dad. He stood there , stunned. Jungkook suddenly approach him, with teary eyes. He hug him and at that moment he feel like a ton weight just lifted off his shoulder.

If he know forgiving can do this, he could have forgive him way earlier. He wouldn't had to contained the anger in him..

Jiyoung eyed the both of them with mixed feelings. She's happy the both of them reunited , buy she's upset that she can't experience that anymore.

 

"I'm proud of you."

Jiyoung look down as she kick the dried leaves away with her feet.

"Why?"

Jiyoung look forward before leaning against the tree.

"You forgive him."

Jungkook chuckle as he scribble the ground with a twig.

"I should've done that a long time ago."

Jiyoung's eyes started to feel heavy so she close them for a while.

Hearing no response from her, he turn only to find she's asleep. He took a closer look on her, trying to make sure wether she's asleep or not.

Jiyoung open her eyes when she feel weight on her lap. Jungkook is lying on her legs , looking straight into her eyes.

"I thought you were asleep."

"I almost did."

Bored, she started to play around with his hair. Occasionally, she will poke at some place around his face. He huffed in annoyance, but didn't stop her. He love it when hearing her chuckle as she fool around. Using her finger, she wrote something on his forehead.

"What did you wrote?"

Jiyoung pout before writing it with her finger once again. This time Jungkook got what she's writing and can't help but to grin in joy.

"You know?"

Jiyoung ask when she saw his response.

"Mine"

Jiyoung nod before pinching his nose.

"You're mine now."

Jungkook caught her hand that is pinching his nose.

"I'm yours forever."

Jiyoung before pulling her hand away. 

"You're a sweet talker."

She lean back against the tree and close her eyes. She can feel the weight on her lap had gone, indicating he had got up. But she ignore him. 

Jungkook study the girl's face, and he just can't hold it any longer. 

She abruptly open her eyes when she fell his breath in her face. Seeing his face just inches from hers, she froze. His hand is put against the tree, locking her in her place.

He lean forward, and kiss her.