Chapter 25

'Girlfriend'

As Jiyoung step down the stairs, she could hear noises from the kitchen. She arrive downstairs and see Jungkook is standing in front of the stove, frying something. There is loud popping sound from the pan. Jungkook suddenly yell in pain when the oil splatter hit his hand. But still , he try to flip the ruined egg. Suddenly, the spatula is taken from his hand . Jiyoung push him aside slightly and effortlessly flip the egg. Jiyoung the fry another two egg and put it on the toast prepared by Jungkook earlier. Jungkook's amazed on how smooth her works are. Jiyoung realise that Jungkook is still rubbing his hurt hand. Jiyoung hold her hand out hesitantly, asking for his hand. Jungkook hold out his hand and Jiyoung take it, slowly. There are some lightly burnt spot , but it's not serious. Jiyoung let go of his hand and look at him. Jungkook is staring at her, with an unreadable expression. 

"If it still hurt , soak your hand in cold water . It'll feel better."

Jungkook didn't reply , instead he stare her right in the eyes. She started to feel uneasy. She look away , unable to have any eye contact with him anymore. His glare literally make her heart burst.

"I want to wake Yoojin up. "

She take off immediately.

 

Jiyoung is wiping her hand with a towel after doing the dishes.

When she turn, she flinch in surprise when Jungkook's body is right behind her . She back away and hung her head low. She make her way over to get out from the kitchen. Jungkook grab her hand , stopping her from moving. She gulped hard. In her mind,  Jungkook's angry with her and want to kick her out from his house. If she tell the truth, would Jungkook trust her? 

"I know you didn't do that."

Jungkook's word surprise her. Very much . She turn , facing the guy in front of her who is smiling , a smile that could make any girl kneel in front of him. That's what Jiyoung feel like doing now. Jungkook trust her , despite the situation he see she was in. Gayeon's definitely seems like the victim . If she's Jungkook, she won't trust her either. Jungkook suddenly pull her into his embrace. Jiyoung's startled , but she doesn't try to make her escape. She love being close to him. She reply his hug and tears stated to fall off his eyes. Jungkook still trust her and that really make her feel appreciated.

"Thank you.. For trusting me.."

Jiyoung murmured under her breath.

Jungkook pull her away and wipe her tears . 

"Do you want to meet Gayeon?"

Jungkook's question leave Jiyoung's head hung low.

Jungkook push her chin up gently, making her to look into his eyes .

"Stand for yourself. You can't let my mom thinks you're guilty forever."

Jungkook's words make Jiyoung think. He's right.