Chapter 20

'Girlfriend'

Author's POV

Jiyoung go downstairs to keep the aid kit in the kitchen's cabinet. 

She is about to leave the kitchen but a figure leaning against the wall stop her. Gayeon's wearing a sleeveless top and an incredibly short bottom , revealing most of her fair skin. 

'Jungkook will be tempted with her for sure.'

Gayeon push herself towards the wall and approach Jiyoung. She then study the girl in front of her. Every inch of her. When Gayeon's eye meet Jiyoungs, she scoff. 

"Unbelievable."

She say the word slowly, more like talking to herself. Jiyoung frowned at her word. 

'What is she talking about?'

"How can Jungkook date someone like you?"

Gayeon shake her head in disbelief. She admit Jiyoung is pretty but the way she's dressed , her hairstyle.. It's lame.

She then take a step closer to Jiyoung. Jiyoung who is shorter than Gayeon , have to look up to look at her.

"Choi Jiyoung. You know that I was the one that dumped him, right."

Jiyoung didn't say a thing or move an inch.

"Do you know what that mean? That means I'm the one that don't love him and he still love me. You know what? I love him now. Do you think he still love me?"

Jiyoung clench his teeth , holding in her anger. 

"Well.  I don't care whether he still love me or not. I'll make he kneel. Right in front of me. I'll make he'll forget that you're his girlfriend."

And with that , Gayeon left. Jiyoung gulped hard. She's afraid. Afraid to face the reality that she'll be away from Jungkook. But it's unavoidable. She was paid to be his girlfriend. He did this to make Gayeon jealous. That means he still love her. At that moment , she realise. She wants to be by his side.

 

Jiyoung, Yoojin , Gayeon and Mrs Jeon are having breakfast. Just then , Jungkook come down , complete with his school uniform.

Mrs Jeon gasp seeing Jungkook's face.

"Oh my ~ What's wrong with your face?"

Jungkook sit on his usual place , beside Jiyoung. As soon as he sit down , their eyes meet. Jiyoung's guilty gaze make him uneasy. When will Jiyoung stop feeling guilty?

"I fall."

Before Mrs Jeon able to ask more , Gayeon interrupt.

"That's not a fall cut. It looks like you get hit."

Her voice make both Jiyoung and Jungkook to look at him. Mrs Jeon look at Jungkook, wanting an explanation.

"I saw Jiyoung with the aid kit last night."

Gayeon say without looking away from her food. Jiyoung look at Mrs Jeon, and parted her lips to explain.

"I'm sorry. It's my fault. He .."

"I fought with a drunk man."

Jungkook interrupt. Jiyoung turn to look at him.

"The man touch Jiyoung. I only did what other boyfriend will do."

Jiyoung stare Jungkook who is still has his eyes on his mom. His words linger in her mind.

'He's not my real boyfriend , though.'

Jiyoung hung her head low. 

"How sweet.."

Gayeon's voice make everyone to turn at her. Her tone and face is obviously faked.

"I wish I have a protective boyfriend too."

Jungkook glare Gayeon . The tense is clearly building up between this two. Jungkook suddenly got up and grab Jiyoung's hand, forcing her to stand too.

"We'll go first." Jungkook left, pulling Jiyoung with him. Jiyoung manage to grab Yoojin and the the of them left the house. Gayeon bit her lower lip. The fork in her hand is gripped hard.

'I'll have you , no matter what it takes. Just wait, Jeon Jungkook.'