Chapter 18

'Girlfriend'

Author's POV

Jungkook's face get at a point that if she move , his lips will brushed again hers. At that moment, her ears captured a footsteps sound. And the footsteps is going up the stairs. The owner of the step seems to be letting out her anger along with her step. The sound make Jiyoung open her eyes. And she could see Jungkook is aware of that noise. The footsteps noise is ended with a slamming door sound.

"I'm sorry. I don't want Gayeon down here. That's why I did that."

Jungkook say in a low and husky voice. He then got up and fix his sitting position. Jiyoung got up to and leave immediately. She can't stand even a second around him anymore. She enter her room and sit on the bed. She slowly put her hand onto her chest. Her heartbeat is outstandingly fast. She's somehow disappointed. Jungkook only did that to make Gayeon jealous. She shake her head to chase away her ridiculous thoughts. Of course he'll do this. This is what he paid her to do. This is what she agreed to do.

'What's wrong with me?'

She run her fingers through her long hair in hope her messed up feelings will disappear. She turn her head to Yoojin who is still asleep. She turn into her front once again, and buried her face into both of her palms.

 

 

Jiyoung got out from the cafe and walk through the dark night. She jump in surprise when a figure of a man suddenly appear in front of her when she turn at the corner of the cafe's lawn. 

"Jungkook , you scared me.."

Jungkook approach her and a teasing smile appear on his face.

"You're always scared of me."

She scoffed and put her hand around her body. 

"No , I'm not.."

She look away and rub her hand against her body. Jungkook who has been studying her action realise that she's cold.

Jungkook took off his sweater and put it on Jiyoung. Jiyoung almost lose her footing , startled by his action. Jungkook giggled at her clumsy behaviour.

"You can even fall when you're standing still."

Jiyoung clear awkwardly.

"What are you doing here anyway?"

Jungkook put his hand in his pocket.

"I want to take you home."

"Why? "

"It's dangerous walking home alone at night. You're a girl."

"I'm fine. I've been walking home alone for all this while."

They start walking somehow, side by side. 

"My mom ask me to. I don't want to stay home either. I don't want to be anywhere near Gayeon."

Jiyoung didn't answer and turn to study the boy beside him. She could see that Jungkook the hate in his eyes even he talk about Gayeon. She hung her head low, wondering if she should ask Jungkook about that or not. She's curious but she don't want to hurt him. 

"She's my ex girlfriend."

Jiyoung turn to look at him , only to find him looking out into the dark spaces. She could see the sorrow in him. 

"She's the first girl I love. I love her more than anything in the world. I thinks she did too."

He look down on the ground , a bitter smile appear on his face.

"But she didn't."

His last words leave Jiyoung speechless. It must hurt so much. Did he still like her?

A man suddenly appear from the dark , walking wobbly. The drunk man is walking towards the two of them. Instinctively, Jiyoung took a step closer to Jungkook and grab his hand. She's always afraid of drunk person. They remind her of her father. The man passes them , but he manage to send a teasing smile to Jiyoung and that make her blood stop flowing. She's really scared and unknowingly grabbing Jungkook's hand tighter. Jungkook understand her fear and didn't get mad even though Jiyoung's grip hurt him. Jiyoung's shoulder is suddenly pulled from behind and that make her scream. It's the drunk man.

"Sweety. Why did you look so scared? Want me to comfort you ?~" 

Jiyoung don't even manage to struggle when Jungkook punch the man in his face. The man fall down to the ground. But he got back up with bloody nose and punch Jungkook back. The fight soon got more vicious and Jiyoung keep screaming for help . But that place is far from houses. She know she must do something to help him. She approach them who were still immersed in their fighting .

She grabbed the man's hair and pull in backward as hard as she could. The man scream in pain. And Jiyoung's screaming too, for no reason.