Chapter 29

'Girlfriend'

Jungkook and Jiyoung already entered the car. After turning on the engine , Jungkook seem spaced off. His behaviour confused Jiyoung. He just put his hand on the steering, but didn't drive.

"What's wrong?"

Her voice snap him out from his thoughts. He turn to look at the concerned Jiyoung. 

"Wait here."

Jungkook got out from the car and rush toward the mall.

Jiyoung who didn't managed to figure out what's happening , stare at Jungkook's figure as he disappear in the crowd inside the mall. She lean back, trying to figure out what the hell is he doing.

A few minutes later, Jiyoung saw Jungkook is walking towards the car, holding a paper bag. He put that in the back seat and then take his place in the driver's seat. He's obviously pleased. Jiyoung try to reach for the paper bag, curious but she's stopped by him. 

"Don't look.."

She give up and look forward as Jungkook drive , exiting the car park.

"What's that?"

Jungkook turn to her and smile teasingly.

"What do you think it is?"

Jiyoung remain silence for a while, thinking.

"Underwear?"

Jiyoung's answer make Jungkook almost chocked on his own saliva.

'Seriously, out of all things? Why must she said that?'

Jungkook's reaction make Jiyoung chuckled.

"You don't have to be so secretive about it.. "

Soft chuckle is still heard from her. Jungkook turn to her only to find her looking it the window, as if she's lost in the outside world.

'It's not underwear, Jiyoung..'

Jungkook smile at his thought.

As the car approach their house , they could see a black luxurious car in front of the gate. The car look familiar to Jiyoung, but she couldn't remember. But Jungkook know whose that car belong to. 

Jiyoung turn to Jungkook to ask him about the car but Jungkook's expression stop her. 

Jungkook is holding the steering wheel , tightly. Jiyoung could see the anger in his eyes. 

Jungkook park the car behind that car and got out. Jiyoung follow him as he open the gate and enter.

His step stop abruptly causing Jiyoung almost crash into him. She turn to him only to find him glaring at the front door. Jiyoung turn her gaze to where Jungkook is looking at and she gasp in surprise. 

'What is the principal doing here?'

The principal turn to them , acknowledging their presence. Automatically, she bowed , like she always do. But Jungkook just stand there, his eyes were never taken off from the man. Jiyoung nudge him , asking Jungkook to bow too. But instead of bowing , Jungkook approach him and stop when he's about a feet away. Jiyoung follow him , even though she highly disapprove his impolite action.

Jiyoung was about to ask the purpose of the principal coming here even Jungkook parted his lips to speak.

"What are you doing here?"

His harsh tone shock Jiyoung but Mr. Jeon didn't seem effected at all. 

"Your mom's birthday is this Wednesday."

Jungkook raise an eyebrow, asking for explanation. Mr Jeon reach in his pocket and took out a heart-shaped ring case. 

"I want to give this to her. "

Jungkook turn his gaze to the case and then back to the man. Jiyoung could feel the tense building up between these two guy.

"There's no need for that."

Jungkook blurted those words out coldly and enter the house.

Jiyoung bow and follow Jungkook.

Mr Jeon clench the case in his hand tightly. He never know regret would be this painful. But it's pointless now.

Jungkook went straight to his room and slam the door. The sudden change in his behaviour puzzled Jiyoung.

'There's obviously something going on..'