Chapter 35

'Girlfriend'

Jiyoung send her gaze to Jungkook who is making his way down the stairs. Before sitting on his chair , he managed to take a peek at Jiyoung who happened to be looking at him too.

Jiyoung almost chocked on her sandwich when Jungkook send her a seductive wink. Jiyoung quickly look away and continue to eat her breakfast.

"Good morning , darling~"

This time, his words make her choked for real. Clumsily, she reach for her juice and started gulping it down. She put the glass down when the sore in disappear.

She look around, only to find Mrs Jeon and Yoojin looking at her with a questioning look and Jungkook having his breakfast like he own the world.

 

As soon as Jiyoung open the car door , she's surprised to find Jungkook is in the center, and Yoojin by the window. They switched places, and they both seems happy about it. Without another choice, she sit in her usual place, beside him. 

Jungkook suddenly grab her hand and intertwined his fingers with his. She flinch and turn to look at him, who is looking at her, with a big smile on his face. Slowly, a smile appear on her face too as she tighten her grip on his hand.

 

Jiyoung went into the staff room and took off her apron. She reach in her pocket for her phone and check for any text from Jungkook. She huffed in disappointment when she found Jungkook hasn't reply her text yet.

"Is he going to pick me up or not?"

She ask herself while staring her phone screen. She keep the phone back into her pocket and reach for her bag before making her way out of that room. To her surprise, all the lights was off and there were not a single person there.

'Well, that's fast..'

Quite scared with the darkness in the cafe, she rush outside. When she open the front door, the sight of hundreds of candles forming a lane towards the cafe's lawn puzzled her.

'Where did this came from?'

Curious, she follow the lane slowly, worried that this might be a prank from her co-worker. At the end of the lane, the candles is arranged to form a heart. She stand at the middle of the heart and begins to look around for any sign of her friends

"Jungin.. Kyungah??"

She started to call for her friends , completely clueless of what's happening.

Suddenly her ears caught light footsteps coming from behind her. She turn, and what she saw almost stop her heart. Jungkook is approaching her, with light steps. His hands is behind his body, concealing something.

When he was about a feet away from her, he stop. He pull his hand from his back, revealing a black velvet box. Gently, he open the box and Jiyoung saw a very familiar necklace. She put her hand over , touched. It's the necklace she fell in love with the other day. 

"When did.."

"Underwear."

She blink several times, trying to get his point. When she realise what he's talking about, she let out a chuckle.

"So this is what you bought."

Jungkook took the necklace off the box and put the box down. He slowly make his way to her back. Jiyoung take her hair forward, enabling him to put the necklace on her. She turn , facing him completely.

"Thank you.."

Jungkook place his palm on her cheek gently before pulling her nearer to peck her forehead. After doing that, he pull her into his embrace .

"I'm so happy.."

He sang as he bring her closer to him.

"Me too."

"I don't think I can live without you."

Jiyoung scoffed in disbelief before poking his cheek.

"Yea right."