Chapter 22

'Girlfriend'

Jiyoung's shift on that day is over. She is taking off her apron when she got a text. It is from Jungkook. The text arrived 1 hour ago but only now she could read it.

'I can't pick you up today. Sorry .. take care!!'

His text is short , but it's enough to make her smile. Jungkook had been picking her up from work since that day. Bad things never happen for all that while.  But today , she has to go home alone . She's disappointed, knowing that he wouldn't accompany her home today. She miss him. What he's up to? Why can't he pick her up?

 

Jiyoung arrive at in front of the house only to find out it's in complete darkness. 

'Is everyone asleep?'

Ignoring her wonder, she walk to knock the door. But nobody answer. She reach for the door knob and twist it. It's not locked.

She started to feel uneasy. They wouldn't just let the front door unlock. She gulped hard as she thought for the worse. She push the door and slowly making her hand to the switch. When the light is on , what she see almost stop her heart.

Gayeon is sitting in the floor, bleeding profusely. Her hand is holding her back of her head, which seems to be the source of the blood. Her white blouse is stained by her blood. Jiyoung run towards her and crouch down. She's not pretty sure what to do.

"Gayeon.. what happened? Are you okay?"

Gayeon point over the broken vase that is laying on the floor. Jiyoung turn to the way she's pointing and go over there. She crouch down to grab the broken vase and take a look at it while standing up. The vase barely had it original shape and had blood all over the broken edges.

"Jiyoung.." 

Jiyoung turn at her only to find Gayeon looking at her, smirking .

"I've tell you I'll have Jungkook no matter what it takes, right?"

Gayeon's word make Jiyoung puzzled. Gayeon hung her low, giggle is softly heard from her.

'What the hell is wrong with her?'

Noises is heard from outside but that didn't caught Jiyoung's attention. The girl in front of her did. Gayeon suddenly look up.

"I don't care if you kill me! I don't care if Jungkook hate me.I won't let Jungkook date someone like you! Do what you want to me!"

Gayeon yell , making Jiyoung become even more confused. The door open abruptly, causing her to turn.

It is Mrs Jeon.. and Jungkook. They both stop at the door, looking at the girls in front of them in disbelief.

At that time, Jiyoung realise. She's framed. She's holding a broken and bleeded vase. Gayeon is sitting in the floor , bleeding profusely. And she's sure they heard Gayeon's yell . There's nothing she can do. 

Unable to control her feelings, Jiyoung accidentally drop the broken vase, causing it to shatter into small pieces. She stare Jungkook in teary eyes. Jungkook give her an unreadable expression. She can't tell whether he's mad or what.

Mrs Jeon rushed to Gayeon and hold her shaking body.

"Gayeon , are you okay?"

Gayeon whine in pain. Mrs Jeon look up to Jiyoung who is still staring Jungkook.

"Why would do this?! I know you don't like her but you shouldn't have do this!! Are you out of your mind? She's my niece!"

Her raised voice shaken Jiyoung. Her face already wet in tears. She feel helpless. Should she defend herself? Would they trust her?

She suddenly run out the door , passing by Jungkook like he wasn't even there.