Chapter 4

'Girlfriend'

Jiyoung's POV

"Yoojin a~~ Do you know what this is ?" I showed Yoojin the envelope in my hand and shook it from side to side. Yoojin tapped her chin with her finger, thinking. She looked cute as hell, I wondered if I was that cute, too.

"Mm , money?" She said, finally. "Aigoo, you're really smart, Jinie~"

I crouched down and cupped her cheek with my both hands. She smiled adorably before tilting her head. "Just like you, right?" She beamed. I chuckled wryly at her words. 'No Yoojin, your sister is a ,'

"I got paid today so... let's go shopping. Just say what you want to eat, and I'll make it for you, okay?"

"Unnie, shouldn't you pay the debt first?" Her words somehow saddened me. She was too young to be thinking that kind of thing. I just want her to be happy, like other kids her age. I smiled at her concerned face .

"Don't worry , Jinie. I'll handle that. Now, get ready cause we're going to cook your favorite food. I pinched her nose slightly .

"Yea !! I want to eat Tteokbokki, will you do that for me unnie?"

"Of course, sweetie. "

She cheered all the way to the bedroom. My gaze followed her until she issapeared behind the door.

 'I'm happy if you're happy, Yoojin. I'm sorry, this is all I can do to make you happy '.

***

"Unnie let me push this cart." Yoojin tried to pull the shopping cart away from me .

"Are you sure? It's heavy."

"Unnie, you know I'm strong."

I chuckled and released the car. I almost jumped in shock when my phone ring .

"Wait here , Jinie . I need to take this call." She nod and I walk away a bit to answer the phone .

"Hello, Mrs. Kim." I politely greeted my boss, the cafe manager.

"Jiyoung, we are short of worker for this weekend. Can you come in to work?" I stuttered for a while. I was planing to bring Yoojin to somewhere, probably the zoo this weekend. I finally got a holiday on weekend, and I would love to spend it wisely. I might be in desperate need of money, but I realized, Yoojin need to enjoy her life like other kids too.  "Mrs.Kim, I'm really sorry but.. I have plan this weekend." I slowly muttered, nervous for some reason. She kinda strict, and can be a too, sometimes. 

"Well that's weird. You're always obsessed with overtime." She was right. Whenever there was a chance to do overtime, I would grab it. I was desperate. I need extra money. "Yes.. but this weekend-"

Pranggg!!!

The loud noise almost blew my soul away from my body. I quickly turned at the sound . My eyes widened in horror at what laid before my eyes.

 Yoojin was standing at the place she was standing earlier, shivering . But the cart was not with her anymore. I slightly pivoted my gaze, only to see the cart had ran into some car parked just meters away. The window of the car was broken into pieces and the door had crumpled quite badly. I ran towards Yoojin and held her while wiping her sweat of her face.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere?" I asked as I turned her around, looking for any cut .

"Yah!" A guy's deafening scream filled the air, followed by an extremely loud door slam. I could clearly hear his angry footsteps approaching us. He must be the car's owner.

"Are you crazy? Luckily it hit the passenger's seat. If it hit the driver's seat , I might die!"

I immediately stood up and bowed to him repeatedly as I apologized. I couldn't even stole a glance at his face. His voice alone was terrifying. I pulled Yoojin closer to me, aware that she was extremely scared.

"You think your damn sorry will fix my car?!" At that moment I realized that his voice sounded familiar. I slowly looked up at him, and I blinked repeatedly, surprised at the person's identity.  Jungkook took off his sun glass, his forehead wrinkled as his gaze wandered on my face, as if he was trying to recognize me. "You?" Jungkook seems shocked to see me too. He scoffed and hung his sun glass on his shirt's collar.

"Yah, you clumsy chick." He pointed one of his finger at my face. "Look at what what this kid had done!" His fingers moved, pointing towards his damaged car.

"Stop yelling at unnie. She's not wrong. I am. Yell at me!" Yoojin squaled in her squeaky voice as she stood in front of me and held out her hand. I crouched down and ran my fingers through her hair.

"Yoojin a~, it's okay." She started bawling upon hearing my voice. "Unnie , I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do it. I'm really useless."

"Ssh, don't say that . I know you didn't mean to do that ."She cried even harder listening to my words.

"Hey kid, I don't care whether you did it on purpose or not , you have to do something with my car." 

 I glared at him before standing up and pulling him away. What was he? A kid? Yelling at a small child? Like seriously?

"Jungkook, please don't yell at my sister." He sent me a 'seriously?' glare and scoffed. "Do I seem like I care?" I stared at him, kind of surprised at his harsh words. I know he was an , but I didn't know he was THIS bad.

"Don't need to make me feel sympathy with you ." He crossed his hand around his body and looked away.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked reluctantly.

"Fix my car, duh." I moved my gaze from his scowling face to his ruined car .

"It was pretty bad. And I don't know whether this will help you or not. It's not any car, it's an expensive car." I glared at him. What an . My eyes twitched at the thought, causing him to weirdly eyeing me. "What?"

I immediately looked away, gulping hard on my own saliva. What should I do now? I haven't even replace our destroyed household yet. I stole a glance of the man in front of me . It was not his fault anyway. I had no right to be angry with him. He might be an but his actions were rational. Except for his rude words and intonations.

"How much do you think it'll be?" I asked him with my eyes glued at the ground. I have no courage to look at him in the eye. "How would I know? I'm not a mechanic." I let out a big sigh. 'This I swear..'

"I..I'll pay you . But it'll take some times . And I have to pay little by little. I need time to find money ." I could feel his eyes scanning me weirdly. "You need find it? Why? Just ask your parent to pay ." A brief pain stung my heart as i bit my lower lip, trying to hold in my feeling. "I don't have one." I calmly stated, not wanting to show my sadness. There was a slight shock on his face, but it was replaced with his face almost immediately. You thought all person in this world live happily like you, you spoiled brat?

"Hmm.. "He nodded emotionlessly. There was an awkward silent between us for a few seconds, before he broke it.

"How did you come here?" He suddenly asked a question that I found extremely out of correlation.

"Ea?" He stared at my confused face, his big shiny eyes were staring straight into mine.  "How do you think I'm supposed to go back home? You have to send me home. So, where's your vehicle? You didn't come with a bicycle, don't you ?" He glared at me cynically.

"No. With a bus." I answered his question when I got his point .

"What?!" He look at me in disbelief.

"Why?" I replied his stare.

"Are you telling me you're sending me home by bus?!"

"Well .. yeah."

"I don't want. NO! Never ." I almost laughed at his protest. He was serious , but somehow I find it cute. Okay that was weird. Still an anyway.

"I don't have any vehicle , so I guess, you have to ." I plainly stated.

"Hail a taxi. We're not going by bus."

Taxi? Gosh, taxi's fare was expensive as hell. Without even waiting my response, he headed to the side of the road and hailed a taxi .

Are you kidding me?