Chapter 31

'Girlfriend'

"Unnie~"

Yoojin's voice startled them. Almost instantly, they pull away from reach other and look to opposite direction.

Moments later , Yoojin appear from the stairs , following her voice and approach them.

"Why are you sitting so close together?"

Yoojin ask innocently as she sit between the two of them. Her question make the both of them look towards each other. And of course, they look away almost instantly.

Jungkook clear his throat awkwardly as he stand up and walk upstairs to his room.

 

"You're not working today, right?"

His voice divert Jiyoung's attention from the book she's reading to Jungkook who is standing beside her table.

Jiyoung close the book she's reading at look at him. She nod, responding to his question. It's Mrs Jeon's today, so Jiyoung took a leave from work to celebrate.Jungkook move to Eunji's chair and sit on it as Jiyoung follow him with her gaze.

"My mom said she's not going to be at home this evening. She got something to do. I'm thinking that you could cook something and we'll celebrate it with her when she's back."

Jiyoung tap her finger against the table, thinking about something. After a few moments, she turn to Jungkook.

"What should I cook?"

"What can you cook?"

"Korean food."

"My mom love western food."

Jiyoung rest her head on her palm and sigh.  

"I never cook western food."

A knock on the table surprise both of them. Eunji is standing by her table, arm crossed .

"Why are you sitting on my chair?"

"Did you pay for this chair?"

Jungkook ask, sarcastically. His words make Eunji gasp in anger. Before she could reply, Jiyoung stop her.

"Stop it, you both. Jungkook, we talk later."

Jiyoung push him slightly, causing him to stand up. 

"Don't flirt in school."

Eunji say to Jiyoung as she sit down.

"I'm not."

"Yea right."

 

Mr Jeon feel restless. He tap his finger against the table to chase his nervousness away. But it didn't work. The cafe door is open, and he instantly turn his attention towards the door. It's her. The woman who used to be tho only woman she love. She's also the woman he betrayed. Mrs Jeon spotted her husband and walk toward him. She sit down on the chair and glace her watch.

"Speak."

Mrs Jeon said coldly, not looking at the man. He's hurt, but he deserves this.

"Thank you for coming, Eunsoo."

She lean back and eyed the man.

"Could you please hurry up? I have to go home quickly. He reach in his pocket and put a heart-shaped ring case on the table. He open it, revealing a beautiful and expensive looking gold ring. Mrs Jeon's gaze is on the ring . She can't deny, it's beautiful .

"Happy birthday."

His husky voice touched her. She missed this so badly. But her anger hide her love for this man.

"There's no need for this."

Mrs Jeon grab her handbag, ready to leave.

"Eunsoo, I'm sorry. I really am. I'm a fool. I don't think you'll trust me, but still , I'm gonna say it."

His voice stop her from standing up. She turn to him, inky to find he's staring at her with teary eyes.

"My love for you never fade."

After saying what he's dying to say for 5 years, he slowly stand up.

"If you don't want this ring, throw it away."

Mrs Jeon remain there for few minutes, gaze fix on the ring. She lost in her thoughts. 

'My love for you never fade too, Sangyoon.'

 

Jiyoung slap his hand when he try to reach for the freshly fried chicken. 

"Stop eating. You're gonna make all food disappear."

He sigh as he lean against the wall.

"I'm hungry.."

Jungkook complain as he rub his belly. Jiyoung who slicing the strawberry turn to him and chuckle at his childish action.

"Be patient."

Jungkook approach her and watch her as she slice the fruit diligently.

"You'll be a good housewife."

"Of course~"

Jungkook scoff as she raise her eyebrow repeatedly , boasting.

"I can do that too."

"Yea right. You can't even differentiate sugar and salt."

Jungkook take the knife away from her and push her with his body.

She give in and walk away, giving him space. Jiyoung stand by him, eyeing his every action.

"Slowly."

Jiyoung remind him. Jungkook started to slice the strawberry. Jiyoung burst into laugh when seeing the way he slice it. It's like qhe never hold a knife. He's slicing it at the speed that even tortoise would laugh.

Jungkook started to slicing it faster. Jiyoung's grin disappear hearing Jungkook's moan. He let go of the knife and didn't get to do anything when Jiyoung grab his hand and start to blow his cut.

"I told you to do it slowly."

She say with a raised voice.

She pull him to the chair and force him to sit down. She rush to the cabinet and take the aid kit. She sit beside him and started to clean his cut. He stare her as she gently do her work.