Chapter 34

'Girlfriend'

Jiyoung lean forward, putting her hand on the table. She bit her lower lip before parting to speak.

"Your mom.. She want you to be happy too. You should give a chance to him. Even your mom can forgive him, why can't you?"

Jungkook lean back completely, as he massage the bridge of his nose. He's confused. He want his dad to be with them again, but he's afraid he would repeat his mistake.

"Don't you miss the moments you had with him? You can go through that moments again." Jiyoung took a deep breath before continue speaking.

"Unlike me. No matter how much I miss the moments I had with my parents, I can't have them back."

Sorrow accompanied her words. When tears started to fall from her eyes, Jungkook rushed to her side.

He want to comfort her. She doesn't have anyone else in her life. He's going to do what he told Taehyung he'd do. Staying by her side, always.

He sit beside her, and pull her into his embrace. Being in his embrace is the most wonderful moments she had ever experience. So, she let herself , being as long as possible in his arms. As long as he doesn't let her go, she'll stay.

He rub his hand against her shoulder, hoping she'll feel better. Her sob is no longer heard, but he just couldn't let her go. He want to be this close with her, for the rest of his life. He peck the top of her head, inhaling the sweet scent of her hair. Jiyoung could feel the peck, and at the same time her hand is making her way to his chest. She could clearly feel his heartbeat . They stay in that position for a few minutes , lost in the beautiful moments.

"I promise.. I'll stay by your side. I don't let you hurt. Trust me."

His sincere words make Jiyoung lost for words. She just can't be more thankful for having this guy by his side.

"Thank you.. very much."

Then the silence took over. Jungkook show no sign of letting her go , and Jiyoung too. He even held her tighter, as if his life depends on her.

"I love you."

Time stop for Jiyoung when she heard Jungkook said that. She can't believe what she's hearing. She can't tell if this a dream or a reality. If this is a dream, she want to be asleep forever. 

Hearing no response from her, Jungkook pulled her away. Gently, she cupped her cheek, making her to face him.

"I love you. I mean it."

Tears that just gone , forming again. And start falling from her eyes. He stop it with his finger, while looking deeply into her eyes, trying to figure out what's on her mind.

Suddenly, she dash forward , letting herself falling into his embrace. Jungkook is stunned by her sudden action. 

Suddenly it get him, she likes him too. He smile in relieve as he reply her hug, holding into her like he will never let her go.

He rest his chin on her head, feeling like he's on top of the world.

"I want to stay like this all night."

His words make a smile appear on her face.

"Me too"

Jungkook chuckle at her answer before holding her tighter.

"So you're officially my girlfriend now."

She can't help but smile at his statement.

"I can't believe this. I ready didn't plan to tell you now. It just blurted out my mouth."

"I can't believe this too. It's my first time someone confe.." 

She stop when she realise it's not the first time she heard a confession. She'd heard it before.

"What?"

Jungkook ask when he heard Jiyoung's not continuing her sentences.

"You're my first .. boyfriend."

"You want me to pay you for being my real girlfriend?"

Jiyoung pinch his stomach, hate to hear about those shameful things.

"Stop bringing that up."

He giggle in joy hearing his girlfriend's annoyed tone. 

"Don't you want to let me go? I'm suffocated here."

Jiyoung ask when she realise she's still in his embrace.

"Nope.."

She ignore his word and pull herself backward as hard as she could. And she escape from his hand.

"Good night.."

She stand up and was about to leave when Jungkook grab her hand , stopping her.

He eyed her , and a teasing smile appear on his face.

"Goodnight kiss?"

Jiyoung almost chocked on her own saliva hearing his request. Panic, she pulled her hand and run to her room.

"Good night, darling~"

She turn around and almost slipped before continue running up the stairs.

Jungkook shook his head while chuckling at her clumsiness. How insanely cute. His gaze fall in the tea Jiyoung made earlier. He can't help but smile.