Chapter 1

'Girlfriend'

Jungkook's POV

The sound of my phone's ringtone woke me up. Before picking up the phone, I managed to glance at the clock hanging on the wall of my room. 8 a.m. Who the hell would call me this early? Without checking the name of the caller, I answered my phone .

"Hello?" My voice almost didn't come out.

"Kookie ya~~It's mom .." My mom's bright voice greeted my eardrum, slightly driving me away from my sleepiness.

"Mm, what do you want?"

"Aigoo , you don't seem pleased to hear my voice." She complained.

I sighed slightly as I ruffled my messy hair. 

"That's not it.. I'm just sleepy."

She lightly chuckled upon hearing my words. And I gotta admit, it makes me happy hearing her laugh. I missed her.

"Guess what? I'm in Seoul ~"

"What?!"

I jolted up from my bed as if someone pour a bucket of cold water onto me. The sleepiness immediately flew away .

"Shocked, huh? Now , come to the airport and fetch me, you little idiot ~ Quickly!"

Without waiting for my response, she hung up. I stared my phone in disbelief. Seriously ? I thought she hated it here? I seriously thought she will stay in the States for the rest of her life. Well, it was not that I was unhappy that she came back. Who wouldn't want to live with their mom happily? Like normal people did? . But it was extremely shocking that she actually changed her mind. What made her to do so?

A smile slowly crept up on my face. I finally get to see her again.  I took a quick bath and wore the neatest clothes I could. I didn't want to hear my mom babbling about how important appearance. I'm sick of it, but I kind of missed it actually.

***

"Kookie ahh~~"

I turned to look for the owner of the voice. I saw her and a smile unconsciously appeared on my face. She didn't change at all . Still a beautiful and elegant woman. I can't lie to myself. I missed my mom. Well yeah , I'm a mom's boy. 2 years of not living together were long enough to make me miss her this much .She hugged me as she doesn't want to let me go. She ruffled my hair as she pulled away from me.

"Aigoo , you look more handsome than you did last time .." She said as she pinched my nose. I chuckled at her unchanged behavior .

"Decided to forget the past?" I asked with a lifted eyebrow .

"Not really. I just miss this place. And you, of course ." Once again, she pinched my nose before she let out a small sigh .

"And i just figured out, until when I  have to run away from the reality. I have to face it, right? I just hope I won't meet that old bastard again ."

I smirked at her complain .

"I hope you won't too ."

"Did you meet him?"

"Can't help it. He's our principal ."

"Yea right. I forgot about that ."

I eyed her with sympathy. I was really amused that she decided not to ask for divorce after knowing dad had an affair. She really thought a lot about people around her especially me. Sometimes I felt that she didn't care about her feeling at all . She didn't want to ruin dad's reputation and didn't want my life to be in an extreme upside down. She was afraid if she asked for a divorce, things will be complicated for me. As if it weren't already. I was actually upset she ditched me and went to the States, lived with my aunt. But I tried my best to understand. I was living fine alone, anyway.

"Stop feeling sorry for me already."

Her voice snapped me up from my daydream. I slightly grinned.

"Where's your girlfriend?"

"I don't have one mom."

"Taehyung said you have one."

"You trusted him? He's a scumbag, you know that, mom." I said with a scoff.

"I really hope you really have one. Are you still into her?"

I scratched my the back of my neck. I really hate when that was brought up.

"Find a new one. Get over her ."

"Let's go, mom. " I reached for her luggage.

"There you go again, changing the topic." I smile sheepishly and took her hand, guiding her out from the airport .

Jiyoung's POV

"Please come again.." I bowed to the couple who just paid for the food. I glanced my watch half-heartedly to check on the time. It was still a long day to go before my shift ended. I let out a deep sigh .I jolted when my phone suddenly rang. I clumsily reached into my apron pocket. I could hear Jungin's chuckle. I bet for my clumsiness.

"Hello Yoojin a~"

"Unnie, I'm scared."  Yoojin's trembling voice send chills all over my body.

My lip shivered severely, panic took over me. I rushed out the cafe without even looking back at Jungin who was calling me repeatedly. I ran as fast as I could, not even caring about the traffic. All I think about was Yoojin. Upon arriving my house 5 minutes later, I busted through the front door. My eyes widen at the sight of my house. There were broken glass and items all over the floor. The furnitures were upside down and scattered all over the tiny living room.

"Yoojin ah! Yoojin!"

I started to call her name when I realized she was nowhere to be found .

I ran into our bedroom and found her in the corner of the room. She was hugging her knees and shivering badly. Her face is wet with her tears and her sobbing was clearly heard.

"Yoojin a~" I called her as I pulled her into my embrace .

"What happened?"

"They come again. The bad guys." I exhaled regretfully. Yoojin was referring to the guys dad lent money from.

"Did they hurt you?"

"No but.. They took your savings. I'm sorry unnie . I want to stop them but .. I was too scared. They were screaming, asking for you. When I said you're not here, they threw our stuff."

Yoojin explained in her tiny, trembling voice. Looking at how scared she was, grief filled me. I felt so sorry for her that she have to face all of these at such a young age. I really wanted to get her out of this misery, but nothing seems to work. I am clueless.

"Shh. It's okay . You're not hurt that's what important okay?"

"I'm useless . I'm just a burden to you , unnie. . I can't work to help you . You spent almost all of your money for me. I'm a bad girl, unnie.." Hearing her words wrenched my heart.

"No no no . Don't say that, Yoojin . I've never see you as a burden ." I patted her head lightly, trying to calm her. She cried harder, and I could clearly felt my work uniform wet because of her tears. My eyes wandered to my broken small, brown wood box, where I used to keep my money. It is empty, duh. I deeply sighed. I lost our expenses for that month. What in the should I do? My money were gone and most of our household were destroyed. 

'Mom.. Dad.. I'm not strong enough to face all of this alone. Why did you guys left?" Tears started welling in my eyes and I quickly wiped it away. I didn't want Yoojin to see me crying. I have to be strong, at least in front of her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*This chapter is boring cause i kinda just wanna introduce the character. Don't worry things are getting interesting in the next chapter (i hope lol)*