Epilogue

Solitaire
Please log in to read the full chapter

         " And so that is our target for this month.." the man in the business suit said as he pointed to one of the many graphs on the screen.

Minyul fidgeted with his tie and checked his watch. He was late...really late, cant exactly blame him though the corporate world was extremely demanding. Once the presentation was over, he ran out of the room and kept running until he reached the car park. He punched in a few numbers into his phone and got into his car and attached the headset onto his ear. The phone buzzed a couple of times before he heard a woman speak.

" Sarang ah!! " he exclaimed.

" Ah Minyul oppa where are you? Appa was asking about you " she said.

He could literally see her pouting as he heard her words. " I'm sorry, I got held up at work but I'll be there soon alright?"

With that he hung up and drove towards the Jung residence in Yangjae dong.

        On reaching the house he was greeted by a flurry of little kids (mostly his niece and nephews).

" Samchon carry me!!" the smallest child said.

He chuckled and carried the little kid in the air and spun him around before putting him down. 

" Alright kids now Samchon has to go and meet grandpa okay?" he said going towards the house.

He entered the hallway to find his cousin wiping the kitchen counter vigorously. " Yah Sarang ah!" he said.

Sarang looked up from wiping the counter and grinned " And the great Minyul-ie decides to grace us with his presence".

He chuckled and ruffled her hair " So I'm really late huh?"

" Uh huh " Sarang said as she put away a casserole in the fridge.

" He's out in the garden with mom. If you wanna interrupt their private time " she said.

" Oh god no " he said shuddering.

He then went towards the patio that overlooked the garden to see an elderly couple dancing with each other. The greys in their hair and the wrinkles that lined their eyes were quite evident as the two of them laughed whole heartedly. He continued to watch as his uncle leaned forward to kiss his aunt tenderly on the cheek before going back inside.

" Wouldn't wanna interrupt that " he remarked as he sat on the kitchen counter.

" I know right? Its like they have a better love life than all of us " Sarang said shaking her head.

" Hey..apparently how the two of them met and got married is quite a story I heard " he said raising an eyebrow.

She laughed " To be honest it is, y'know mom had a massive crush on Hakyeon Samchon?".

" No freaking way " Minyul said " Tell me more!!"

" Okay so Mom and Dad... "

" Sarang ah!!!" a loud voice interrupted her " I think your Appa cracked another bone on his back "

She rolled her eyes " I'll be back Minyul-ie ".

      Minyul jumped off the  kitchen counter and went towards the little cabinet that had all the family members pictures. He saw childhood pictures of himself, Sarang and his other cousins as kids. As he skimmed through the pictures he came across one certain picture taken at a wedding.

On closer inspection he saw that it was a picture of his aunt and uncle. His uncle had his arms around his aunt as he kissed her cheek and she had a wide smile on her face and her eyes were reduced to little crescents. He smiled, guess they were made for each other after all. As he continued to look at the picture he heard a couple of people chatting animatedly with each other.

" Remember those giant glasses you wore back in college? Sarang was just trying them on the other day. GOD THEY WERE HUGE "

" What about that weird obsession with Mimi dolls you had? Pinkeu pinkeu Jung Leo"

" YAH!!"

The elderly couple stopped once they saw Minyul.

" Omo Minyul-ie you look so handsome!" his aunt Eunkyung gushed.

Minyul smiled as he went forward to hug his aunt and uncle.

" Happy birthday Samchon " he said turning t

Please log in to read the full chapter