001

Solitaire
Please log in to read the full chapter

    " Yah! Eunkyung why isn't this table clean? " 

    I rolled my eyes and picked up the rag and made my way towards the said table. I turned to the customers and bowed several times apologizing for my tardiness and cleaned the table for the umpteenth time. Once I was done I turned to my boss, Lee Hongbin, such a sweet name for an evil person .He looked me up and down and frowned. 

" I expected so much more from you "

" Jeosonghamnida " I said bowing.

He rolled his eyes in response, " Make sure it doesn't happen again ".

Having said that he walked back to his office slamming the door behind him. I let out a sigh of relief, my relief was short lived as a loud voice called out " Order on table no. 11!! "

" Coming! " I yelled running towards the counter.

     My name is Song Eunkyung, I'm 20 years old, an art major and I work as a waitress in a cafe called ' The Red bean '. Why this place? Because its a walking distance from home and the pay is well...alright.

Aside from the fact that my boss is a complete I like my job, sort of.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead with the back of my hand and turned to the boy at the counter

" Got any more plates for me Jae? ". He looked up from the cash register and shook his head

" Nope not right now,go sit down Eunkyung you look exhausted " he said worriedly.

" Don't I always? " I asked sarcastically making my way towards the staff room. Once inside, I slumped down on one of the chairs and buried my face in my hands. Aside from spending the evenings waiting tables I was forced to pull all nighters in order to get my assignments done, the lack of sleep plus my bosses nagging, plus work was starting to take its toll on me.

      As I massaged my forehead to ease the pain I the door to the staff room slam open. I looked up to see a short girl dressed in a crop top and pencil skirt wearing shades and red lipstick. She placed her shades on her head and gave me a grin.

" Hey beautiful " she said.

I rolled my eyes " Hey Bang " I said.

She pouted " Yah! I told you not to call me that! " she said walking towards the closet and pulling out her work clothes.

      My fellow colleague Bang Minah, judging from her appearance anyone could tell she was the complete opposite of me. Minah loved money,cars, jewelry, miniskirts and boys while I loved food, TV , sweaters and anime boys.

I sighed and looked her up and down " How was your date? " I asked.

" He was okay...too desperate " she remarked as she wore her apron over the uniform.

I yawned and earned a smack from Minah " What the hell was that?! " I yelled.

" Yawning like that is so not lady like " she said as a matter of factly.

" Ugh...you can be really bossy you know that? " I asked.

" You still love me though " she said as she tied her hair into a ponytail. I rolled my

Please log in to read the full chapter