015

Solitaire
Please log in to read the full chapter

     " Eunkyung ah! Hurry up! "

" Neh!! " I yelled as I ran upto the bus. Mrs. Jung waited near the door and I saw Hakyeon and Taekwoon poking their heads out of the windows.

" Here hand your luggage to me " Hakyeon said holding out his hands. I nodded and handed him my purple suitcase before helping Mrs. Jung inside and getting in after her. Once inside I eyed the buses schedule on the wall and furrowed my eyebrows.

" Ommo nim we arent going to Yangjae dong are we? ".

She gave me a small smile " Ahh about that, the weddings happening in a resort dear. Maybe we'll go there some other time? " she asked

. I nodded grinning.I heard a loud sigh and an annoyed voice spoke out " I'm gonna find a seat up front ".

I turned to see Taekwoon pushing past the people to get a seat in the front and turned back to Mrs. Jung.

" Why don't you sit beside him? He's seems pretty depressed due to todays match " she said patting my arm. I smiled and turned to go towards his seat, pushing past the people who were going towards the back of the bus.

    Howon University lost to Seoul University by 1 goal. It was so heart breaking to see all the players depressed after the match, Hyuk cried too. I understand that Taekwoon really wanted this, I did too, he worked the hardest out of all of them. I found Taekwoon in a seat beside the window looking outside with a blank expression on his face. I sat down beside him clearing my throat to grab his attention. From the corner of my eye I saw him roll his eyes.

"I know what you're gonna say " I said and spoke in my best Taekwoon voice ( with the blank face and all ).

" What do you want Eunkyung? " I said in a low voice.

He turned to glare at me, boy did he look scary. My smile fell and I shifted my focus to the road before us.

" Isn't that what you wanted to ask? " I asked.

He rolled his eyes and turned to look outside, I leaned towards him " Look I'm sorry about the match, I really am. I know how much you wanted it Taekwoon ".

He turned to glare at me again, I frowned but didn't break eye contact " Are you gonna glare at me like that everytime I ask you something? Just so you know you're glares dont scare me " I said breaking eye contact.

From my peripheral vision I could tell that he was still staring, after a while he looked away sighing

" If you're here to ask about our loss then just go " he said.

I frowned " Taekwoon its a 4 hour long journey with traffic, might as well try to be a little..I dont know cheerful? ".

" Have you ever lost a collegiate level tournament by 1 point Eunkyung? " he asked leaning closer to my face. Idiot, he knows I don't like the close proximity " No.." I mumbled looking away.

He moved back " Then just shut up for a while would you? " he said angrily and turned back to the window.

I sighed in disappointment as I heard the bus hiss signalling its departure. This was going to be a loong ride..

____________________________________________________________________________________________

        Taekwoon just wanted some peace and quiet, he didn't want to talk to anyone, he just wanted to wallow in the sadness of his loss. Sadly he was put next to Song Eunkyung, nyan cats long lost human counterpart. 10 minutes into the journey she was surprisingly quiet, Taekwoon began to think that maybe he was too harsh on her. He finally shift

Please log in to read the full chapter