017

Solitaire
Please log in to read the full chapter

      " ..and lastly congrats to the beautiful couple here " 

     Everyone gathered in the lawn clapped as one of Taekwoon uncles delivered his speech. I looked around the lawn for a familiar black haired person, funny thing is even though he's a guy and I'm a girl, he seems to be taking a longer time to get ready today, its a universal truth that girls are usually the ones who are fashionably late right? .I sighed to myself and slumped down in my seat. A dinner party was being held so that the relatives could mingle and socialize a bit unfortunately I didn't know any of the people here except for Hyejung unnie and Mr.and Mrs. Jung, I'd actually thrown in some effort ( with Hyejung unnies help of course ) and managed to make myself decent. I didn't wear the dress Mrs Jung bought me ( I was aving that for the actual wedding) instead I wore a red satin dress that fell a little above my knees and my hair was set in waves, I wore a thin strip of eyeliner and a light pink graced my lips, presentable enough? To me? yes, to Taekwoon? Meh. 

    Just as the next person went up to make his speech, a flurry of footsteps were heard and two men ran towards the table where I sat in a hurry.

" Sorry we're late Kyunggie, we couldn't find our shoes " Hakyeon apologized as he sat down on my left.

I didn't answer, I was a bit too awestruck by the beauty that is Cha Hakyeon in a suit. His suit was a dark shade of blue which he matched with a red tie and his hair was styled in such a way that a part of his fringe covered his right eye. I gulped and looked away keep crimson spread across my face.

" I-its alright " I said as I focused on the man giving his speech. Holy sh*t when Taekwoon said that Hakyeon was gonna dress up in a suit I did NOT expect him to look this good. A sound of someone clearing their throat interrupted my train of thoughts, I turned to my right to see Taekwoon smirking at me, almost as though he was mocking me.

" What are you smirking at? " I asked looking him up and down.

Hmph I'll admit he looked good but definitely not as good as Hakyeon, Hakyeon was...another level of hotness.

" Quit blushing you're gonna look too desperate " he said.

I rolled my eyes " Whatever..anyways how do I look? " I asked.

" Like a girl " he replied and turned back to the man giving his speech.

I stuck my tongue out and focused my attention on the man as well. Meanie.

________________________________________________________________________________________

      The crowd clapped with forced enthusiasm as the umpteenth person delivered their congratulatory speech. I yawned as I shifted in my seat, my was numb ,damn it.

" Thank you for your wishes everyone " Hyejung said unenthusiastically " Who wants cake? " she asked gesturing to the two tiered chocolate cake oozing with ganache.

At the mention of cake everyone got up to grab a slice except for Taekwoon.

I turned to him confused " What's the big deal? Its just cake " I said.

" Its a family thing, usually during the parties before the wedding the couple hides two rings in the cake " he said as he pointed to the cake " One in the upper tier and one in the lower tier for men and women respectively. Just a little something to determine who get married next "

" Whoa that is so cool " I remarked to which Taekwoon raised an eyebrow in response.

" Wouldn't you wanna know? " I asked.

" Please I have so much more things to worry about " I rolled my eyes in response and got up to my feet.

" Sure you do " I said and went towards the table to grab a slice of cake.

Once I got a piece for Taekwoon and I, I went back to the table to see Hakyeon devouring a HUGE slice of cake.

" T

Please log in to read the full chapter