031

Solitaire
Please log in to read the full chapter

     " Alright guys back to work!! Breaks over!!!" Hongbin yelled clapping his hands. I sniffed for the umpteenth time and wiped my nose with a tissue. I then proceeded to grab a tray off the counter. Taking a deep breath I went towards the customers seated at the table. 

" Hello! Welcome to the Red bean! " I said cheerfully, little did the people around me know I was slowly dying on the inside..

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A week ago...

     " I'm still gonna tell Hakyeon we broke up " Taekwoon stated as he sat down beside me in the taxi. We were going back to the resort after getting an approval from the doctor back at the hospital. 

" But Taekwoon you- " 

" Look don't put aside what you want just because another guy confessed to you " he said looking me in the eye. I frowned, how could he call himself 'another guy'? 

" You're not another guy " I said quietly. 

" I want to come back from camp and see the two of you together " he said sternly. " Do what you have to, I-I don't mind ".

" How long is your camp? " I asked.

" 3 weeks, I leave on Monday "

" But that's tomorrow!! "

" I know " he said ruffling my hair.

" You need to forget me quickly alright? "

The tears came again and this time I doubted if they'd stop quickly. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

    " Eunkyung ah " 

I turned around from washing the dishes to come face to face with Hongbin. I'd taken over the late shift from Eunkwang just because I didn't want to go home. I'd just be brooding again anyway. 

He sighed " Go home, its really late ".

I forced a smile " No I'm fine boss, I just.." I looked down at the dishes and back at him "..like washing dishes "

He rolled his eyes " Sure you do, I can see your tears of happiness " he said sarcastically pointing at my face.

I'd been crying again and it was pretty obvious from the puffy bags under my eyes. I fidgeted with my apron until a voice rung out.

" Look I know I'm not supposed to interfere in your personal lives but being the gentleman I am, I can't stand back and watch a girl cry " he said sighing as he rested his back against the counter folding his hands. " Now whats been bothering you?"

I looked up at him gratefully " Someone asked me to forget about him but...I can't seem to bring myself to do it " I said.

Hongbin heaved a sigh and held up his left hand, I saw a golden ring on his finger.

" You're engaged?! " I yelled.

He gave a smirk " My fiancé told me the same thing a couple of months ago, we'd broken up for the umpteenth time but I couldn't let go of her. The next time I saw her I got down on my knees and proposed " he said.

My mouth was wide open inshock, I'd never taken Hongbin to be romantic type he seemed more of the bossy boyfriend types. 

He laughed " Don't be so shocked, even I can have a love life ".

" I'm- I'm not its just, I can't imagine you doing something like that " I said.

He frowned as he went back to Boss mode " Don't push your luck Song Eunkyung ".

" Sorry " 

" Leave those aside, I'll dea

Please log in to read the full chapter