032

Solitaire
Please log in to read the full chapter

    The next morning I was up at 7 making coffee, it would take me a while to get to Yongsan and I needed to see him before he leaves that soccer stadium. While I poured my coffee into my mug, Minah walked out dressed in an over sized shirt. 

" Why are you up so early? " she asked.

" I'm going out " I said sipping on my coffee. 

" The soccer field? They don't have practice today " she said a matter of factly.

" I'm going to Yongsan " I said looking up to lock eyes with her. 

" Huh? "

" Taekwoons attending a camp there"

She raised an eyebrow " I thought you guys broke up.."

I smiled to myself " Guess I couldn't let go of him "

Minah frowned " Look Kyunggie, after a guy breaks up with you you can't go after him, you'll look too needy and desperate "

I looked up at her with a raised eyebrow " I don't remember telling you he broke up with me  " I said confused.

Minahs face turned grim " M-Minhyuk told me " 

I looked at her in suspicion, just why would Minhyuk discuss these with her? She was hiding something, and I had to find out.

" Whatever, I'm still going " I said walking past her. 

" Kyunggie wait! " 

I turned around angrily " You're hiding something from me, I know it but Y'know what? It doesn't matter I could care less " 

I then opened the door and walked out of the apartment.

_______________________________________________________________

        Taekwoon kicked the ball into the goal for the umpteenth time and let out a breath he didn't know he was holding all this time. Camp was extremely strenuous, it made Coach Ahns classes look like nothing. Taekwoon tackled another boy onto the grass and got up to his feet and ran after the ball, just then he hear a whistle blow.

" Taekwoon! " the new coach, a round pudgy man yelled as he came towards him.

" Yeah? " he asked turning around to look at the coach.

" You seem completely out of it today, did you eat your breakfast? " coach asked.

" I did " Taekwoon said keeping his blank expression. 

The coach placed an arm on his shoulder " Look son, you're an extremely talented boy, very dedicated too. But if your gonna attend this camp after being scouted you need to focus alright?" .

Taekwoon sighed and rubbed his forehead in annoyance " Yes coach " 

" Go back to your room son " the coach said and turned to go.

" But sir I - I can play " he tried to argue.

The coach turned around and shook his head " Take a break Taekwoon, you need it " he said. 

He sighed and rubbed his head in frustration, playing soccer was the only thing that kept his mind away from her. Now that he was idle his mind kept drifting back to the being that was Song Eunkyung.

      Song Eunkyung, he smiled a sad smile as he made his way towards his supply bag placed at the other end of the stadium. He was happy for her, she got what she wanted and he..well he almost did. Despite the fact that he'd told her to forget him sadly he couldn't do the same. She kept playing in his head wherever he was, just like a song stuck on repeat. Just when he thought that he'd finally put her aside she'd appear again. Taekwoon picked up his supply bag and slung it over his shoulder. He then proceeded to walk towards his new home, a dorm that was situated a little away from Yongsan. As he walked towards the exit, he stopped in his tracks as an eerily familiar figure came into view. Taekwoon shook his head several times, no..this has to be a dream.

There's no way she'd know where he'd be..but then he saw what she was wearing, that blue summer dress. He always thought she looked pretty in that. Just before he could process his thoughts she took off. 

" Yah!! " he yelled running after her.

    Maybe he was imagining it, maybe he'd gone crazy but he didn't care. If it meant seeing her again, he didn't care about the consequences. He ran out the exit and turn to see her running into a crowd of citizens. As he scanned the crowd he saw a flash of blue disappear into the street on the right. He ran after her entering the street on the right to see a fair come into view. 

      A ferris wheel, games, a haunted house and several stalls containing balloons, snacks and cotton candy filled the space. He sighed as he contemplated as to whether to enter th

Please log in to read the full chapter