018

Solitaire
Please log in to read the full chapter

    " I'm so sorry!! " I yelled making a 90 degree bow.

I didn't hear a response but I heard a faint thumping sound and looked up. Mr. Jung was attempting to dribble a soccer ball from one end of the field to the other. I felt a small smile spread across my face as I watched the scene take place before me. After dribbling the ball for a few minutes he looked up and gave a closed smile.

" Eunkyung was it? " he asked.

I nodded, his voice was surprisingly soft as well. He picked up the ball and looked down at it. 

" I...I thought I could play soccer with him " he said.

My eyes grew wide, he looked up at me " I've been practicing, I might not be as good ashe is but..I can try ".

I felt small tears well up in my eyes as I listened to him.

" Tae-Taekwoonie would like that wouldn't he? " he asked hopefully. I blinked away the tears and nodded.

He smiled " That's good to hear, I really miss spending time with him you know? ".

" Mr. Jung..." I began "...Taekwoon would love it if you'd play soccer with him " I said.

Immediately a toothy smile lit up his face " Thank you Eunkyung ah ".

______________________________________________________________________________________

      After a brief conversation with Mr. Jung I ran towards the shore, on reaching there I looked around the place for Taekwoon and Hakyeon. On finding the two of them, I ran to take my place besideTaekwoon.

" Finally, what took you so long? " he whispered.

I opened my mouth to tell him I was speaking to his dad but stopped, " Ate another slice of cake " I said.

He snorted and shifted his attention back to the fireworks, I turned to look at them as well but then he spoke again " So what did my dad tell you? ".

My eyes grew wide and I turned back to look at him in surprise. His face held a menacing glare and his eyes looked like they could shoot daggers, I gulped. " Nothing "

" Liar " he said taking hold of my arm " What did he tell you? ".

Taekwoon was really scaring me now but inspite of that I held my ground and asked " Why do you wanna know? " I asked.

" I don't want you talking to him, he-"

" Taekwoon " I interrupted " He's your dad, and he really wants to talk to you again ".

     Taekwoons angry expression fell then returned again when he asked in a low menacing voice

" How do you know about that? ".

He let go of my arm and smirked " Looks like you don't know your place Song Eunkyung ".

I blinked once, twice trying to figure out what he meant.

He turned to Hakyeon " Hakyeon I'll be back " he said took me by the arm and lead/dragged me away from the crowd at the shore. Once we were at an ample distance from them he turned to me

 " Listen up Eunkyung, if it weren't for your stupid crush on Hakyeon we wouldn't have even met alright? But that doesn't mean you can go probing around into my life and finding out things you're not supposed to know " he said angrily.

" Taekwoon it wasn't intentional ".

" Like hell it wasn't!! Why are you even here Eunkyung? Why are you even attending my sisters wedding? My mom barely knows you! " he said.

I bit my lower lip and looked down " I was just-" 

" Sometimes I wish I hadn't met you ".

At that instant I felt something inside crumble, not the kind of crumble I get when I see Hakyeon with another woman rather it was a different kind. Like facing rejection for the umptee

Please log in to read the full chapter