002

Solitaire
Please log in to read the full chapter

       A week had passed since the encounter with Hakyeon and his friend, balancing both work and my countless assignments I was busier than ever. So I let this incident pass and went back to admiring Hakyeon from the sidelines again .

" Ahh Hakyeon oppa is so cool " the girl who sat before me said sighing.

I frowned, girl no one touches the Cha but me.

" So desperate " Minah remarked as she set her oversized luxury bag down, pfft only I know how much more she has to pay to officially 'own' that bag. But then her words reminded me of what he had written on the tissue and I coughed.

" You okay? "

I nodded giving a tight smile, she chuckled " I know your future husband is gonna perform but you don't have to be so nervous " she whispered.

I looked up at her in surprise " Who said that I was nervous? " I retorted

" Why are your hands shaking? ".

I looked down to see that indeed my hands were shaking and frowned " You got me this time Bang ".

She laughed " The stadium sure is packed today and its all for this dumb talent show ".

" Yah! " I protested, talent shows weren't dumb, in fact some people got by only with talent, like Hakyeon and I. " Oops sorry Kyunggie ".

      I shifted my attention back to the stadium and saw the dean address the crowd saying that the competition was officially declared open. The initial performances were a bore, some students sang, some did magic tricks (really?) and some even went on stage and solved the Rubik's cube in under 5 minutes, impressive yes but I had only one performance in mind.

      I knew for a fact that Hakyeon always performed towards the end, as always save the best for the last, smart policy dean. Just 2 more performances and his turn would come. Just then I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and looked at who could be calling at such a crucial time. Lee Hongbin.

       " Yobosaeyo? " 

" Song Eunkyung where in the world are you? " he boomed at the other end.

" Um..college? "

" You are supposed to be at work "

" But sir its my day off-"

" Eunkyung you better come to work or I'll reduce your paycheck to half, would you like that?" He asked in a sarcastic tone. I almost cried on the spot on hearing that.

I sighed " I'll be there sir ", with a faint grunt Hongbin placed the phone down. 

       I stared at the phone disappointed, I then felt Minah nudge my shoulder. I turned to look at her, on seeing my face her expression turned grim " Kyunggie what's wrong? ".

I let out an exasperated sigh " Hongbin wants me at the cafe ".

She gasped " What an !! ". I frowned and proceeded to get up, she then held me back.

" Wait, I'll go ".

My eyes grew wide " Are you crazy? " I yelled.

" Look boss is a little less hard on me so it okay, and besides..." She gave a closed smile " I know how much you wanted to see his performance" .

I smiled at her gratefully " I owe you " I stated.

She rolled her eyes " You sure

Please log in to read the full chapter