a dinner with you - kwon jiyong

jung eunji and him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a dinner with you

“I like you,” he said calmly. His lips formed a thin smile with emotion she just failed to interpret.

“But, I don’t,” short and clean. Jung Eunji had a visible questioning look, 100% sure what he just said didn’t mean the way it usually did.

 So, here why it was.

The main vocal of Apink received a dinner invitation from someone she never expected would cross path with her in personal scenario, like you know … a dinner. It was apparently from the front man of South Korea’s most famous group, G-Dragon of Bigbang. Yes, that person. The one who just shook the entire nation right after he released his special collaboration with Nike. Other famous brands were still lining behind, trying to lure the superstar to sign with them, and he certainly liked taking his time.

Sitting with a warm smile lingered on his lips, Kwon Jiyong just took out his denim jacket and put it on the side of his seat, revealing a plain white t-shirt he was wearing. Surprising enough, he was quite… simple, having darker hairstyle with bang covering one side of his forehead, a look Eunji rarely saw on television. Well, not much different, she was also wearing something far from her signature style. Yes, she was in a dress, nothing exaggerating she initially believed, just a modest flowery patterned summer dress and a pair of heals, well, the last one was quite too much, admitted. But please don’t judge her, she didn’t even know why she ditched her pair of jeans and her favorite over-sized t-shirt. Come on, it was a dinner in a five star Michelin restaurant, of course she thought she had to dress up a little bit. She even had a lovely hair this night, fallen loose behind her shoulder. And yes, she was pretty much regretting it by now, especially when the Korean infamous fashion icon looked like a normal civilian.

It never had in her mind that she would encounter him outside the music show which actually didn’t give much opportunity either. Eunji believed it completely made sense that she was both perplexed and suspicious. She didn’t know him, at all, beside what media told, and she believed media was never on celebrities’ side. Hence, there was no use in trusting news.

“That’s expected,” he commented, chuckling, finding her blunt reply cute. His unexpected reaction though invited her confused look. And trust him, the male was enjoying this look on her.

“I am Kwon Jiyong, by the way,” G-Dragon or Kwon Jiyong, he just mentioned, introduced his real name. Obviously, he was joking, the whole country knew that name.

“And I am Jung Eunji,” she hesitantly copied his introduction which again he replied with a soft chuckle. “Sunbaenim, you know you are confusing me right now, don’t you?”

“I know, I know, I’m sorry. I’m just glad you know me,” he followed. Jiiyong adjusted his seating position, leaning to the table as he crossed his fingers, trying to ease his nervousness. Oh, yes, he could feel nervous too. Especially in time like this, like right now. He needed to impress the girl, which didn’t seem easy and he didn’t like failure, so the burden just added.

“I didn’t say I know you,” again, another strike from the female. And no, Eunji wasn’t being sarcastic. She was just being honest, she was both confused and not sure what to do. This was too random, and don’t blame her from not knowing what to do. Well, it wasn’t like she would mess up her career just for looking a bit rude to this senior anyway.

“Right, you didn’t say that. At least you recognized me.” This time, he leaned back to his seat, smiling a bit warmly, at least that was what he tried. “Anyway, I have been listening to your radio program.”

“Oh really?” her voice rose slightly, undeniably flattered by the remark. And Jiyong just took a note inside his mind.

“Yes, since my discharge, almost everyday,” he continued, and Eunji didn’t even hide her smile. Surely, it looked even cuter per Jiyong’s note. “Sometimes, I listen it offline when I’m busy, it’s always interesting listening to your program.”

“Thank you, sunbaenim,” Eunji certainly knew how to appreciate people especially those who appreciated her work. “I’m truly flattered right now,” she added, and bowed her head slight while smiling, genuinely thanking him.

“You don’t need to, you deserve it,” he kindly encouraged.

“Well, I would never imagine G-Dragon listens to radio, so, I truly am flattered,” she followed, half being honest and half teasing.

His smile grew a bit wider, enjoying her feedback. “Right, you mentioned you didn’t know me,” he wittily replied. “I’m actually pretty much like anyone else,” he added, laughing shyly, “I listen to radio, watch television, cook too sometimes.”

Their talk was paused as their dishes arrived, a waiter in a neat black suit placed their medium rare steaks in front of them with an acknowledging smile, as if easing the two stars to not feeling pressure at all dining in their place.

Both replied the waiter with a thank you and Jiyong also mentioned he hoped she was fine with steaks. Eunji nodded with a smile and telling him how she enjoyed eating basically anything. And of course, he laughed again.

“Anyway, I just knew that you’re friend with Jieun,” he started a topic.

“Ah, that. Yeah, we are not particularly close, but … I guess we are comfortable enough to visit each other’s work. We don’t really hang out, but we call sometimes. That kind of friend.”

He nodded listening as he sliced his steak, again taking note inside his head.

“Sunbaenim know Jieun?” Eunji followed the topic, remembering the collaboration song Jiyong and Jieun did couple of years ago. “Right, you once featured on her song,” she mentioned it.

“Right, although I wouldn’t say we’re in friend-relationship though, more like sunbae-hoobae, or colleague kind of relationship. I don’t know her number,” pausing as he tried to confirm the information. “Yeah, I think we only met, usually talking with each other’s manager, scheduled a meeting, and discussed everything directly.”

“Ah really?”

He nodded, confirming. “Should I feature on your song, too?” an idea suddenly hit him. “Sounds fun, right?” his smile got wider as he felt excited over the idea.

“Ah …” she’s pausing, biting her bottom lip, hesitating.

Jiyong cocked his head, not expecting her reaction. “You even requested Mino for collaboration.”

“Right, I asked that,” she laughed nervously. When Jiyong said he listened to her radio almost everyday, she thought he was just being polite. Yet, now that he mentioned Mino Winner collaboration comment and also Jieun being friend with her, he might be telling the truth about his affection to her program.

“It wasn’t really a request though,” Eunji tried to reason, “we’re just being polite to each other. I mean, well, if we have a chance, why not. But I know that this kind of request would unlikely happen.”

“Then, I’ll make it happen,” he immediately followed, and it was quite surprising.

“Ah, sunbae… I think…”

“Have you collaborated with a rapper before? We can make a good music, I’m pretty confident with it,” he added, his expression telling her that he really was in full confidence.

“Aniyo, I don’t doubt you, I mean it’s just too sudden. And I mostly sing ballad, and yeah, I did feature to rappers before, not just once.”

“Oh that’s new to me,” he replied, “and ballad is fine, I think it’ll be quite melancholy instead, I like the idea already. I can have the lower key like talking-rapping while you sing—

“Wait, sunbae, hold there … uh, I mean, I am really flattered over the idea. It’s an honor, truly. But, I don’t think we should talk about it in hurry like this, I mean—

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter