kim jongdae - just go!

jung eunji and him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

just go!

“It was a coincidence,” Jung Eunji argued back and forth, or at least that’s what she wanted to believe and just as how she tried to manipulate her mind, she did that too to everyone in the room.

Apink members sans maknae and the visual were gathering in the dining table to taste the leader’s new experiment. Just recently, the leader joined a cooking class, and they reached dessert course, she’s making a strawberry cheesecake today and she needed her members’ opinion about it.

It was fine, Namjoo said. Although Eunji disagreed, she said it was delicious, just perfect to her taste, and she earned a smooch on the cheek from her leader which she reacted with a scream. Their talk was not started with Eunji blushing shyly just like now, it expectedly began with food, cakes, then the leader’s class, then her course friends, then about celebrities good at cooking, then it was when Chorong asked her to join the class this weekend and Eunji just casually declined, stating she’s going to MeloMance concert this weekend.

They laughed though. Park Chorong pfted her, obviously not buying her statement.

“Chen-ssi literally gave you the ticket, Jung Eunji.”

“Yes, but he got it from Junmyeon oppa. And he met me by coincidence, and I happened to see those tickets and I just blurted how I wanted to go that concert and -”

“- he gave you the ticket.”

The girl was ready to argue, but she quickly realized that her reply might contradict the fact. Admitting the defeat, Eunji nodded quietly.

“So, you’re going?” Yoon Bomi asked with a cheeky smirk on her lips. Eunji was definitely not fond of the way the girl interpreted her relationship with that certain male singer.

“Just the two of you?” Kim Namjoo attacked next, not even waiting for the older to recover from the previous one.

“It’s just-”

“Stop stuttering,” Chorong cut and laughed. “Just be careful, aniya, be extra careful,” she followed with a fake scowl.

“You’re surprisingly supportive on this, Eonni?” Bomi confusedly asked.

She earned the leader’s attention, and the older chuckled. “I don’t know, I feel tired already.”

“What?” Eunji was clueless.

“I realize that it’s time for us to enjoy our youth, enjoy hanging out with friends, going out for fun, and of course, dating as well,” she glanced at the main vocal with a meaningful gaze.

“We are not dating!” Jung Eunji immediately defended.

“Yet,” and her best friend added.

They laughed.

Eunji tried to break the idea, shouting that they weren’t like that, that they just recently knew each other, that she merely adored his amazing singing technique and he only tried being nice and taught her some of his lessons, and they just started to practice together, etcetera, etcetera. Of course, the girls just laughed, Chorong even mentioned how cute she was when she’s blushing.

“I am not blushing!”

“For 27 years old being this cute when she’s falling in love is what I least imagine coming from you, dear best friend,” Yoon Bomi commented when the rest left the two of them in the room. Chorong excused for calling her sister and Namjoo went out to meet her best friend.

“Urgh,” Eunji exhaled frustratingly.

“Come on, there is nothing wrong in admitting that you start to see him differently. He’s single, and so are you. You seem to feel comfortable with him, and I’ve never heard you complain about him. Aren’t you guys just… you know,” Bomi added sincerely. A smile followed her remark.

“But it’s not-”

“Don’t you like him?”

“Huh?”

Eunji looked up, not knowing how to respond to the sudden demanding question. Bomi was still smiling thinly, not the mischievous grin she always had on her lips, it’s different and understanding. But, Jung Eunji was stubborn, and she’s not even aware of this.

“I think you have to learn to be honest with yourself.”

“This…”

“I agree with Chorong eonni, it is our time to enjoy being young and loved. I think, being single makes Eonni realize how lonely she’s been. And here you, look at you, we can feel your radiant joy whenever you talked about him. And it’s not like we’re banned in dating or anything. Go!”

Eunji raised her gaze, locking eyes with her best friend. Deep inside her heart, she knew herself that what they said was right, but some part of her was quite stubborn.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter