woohyun - knock, knock! (first part)

jung eunji and him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

knock, knock!

 

No, I shouldn’t do this!

You should!

B-but, b-but, what if …

Stop thinking too much, just knock!

No, please Bomi-yah. I think I cannot do this!

Ya! Now or never!

B-but, don’t do this to me Chorong eonni! I cannot!

You can! Just knock and do it!

I cannot!

 

Knock, knock!

Eh? Jung Eunji didn’t realize she would really do it. Her hand just betrayed her, and stupidly she frozen in front of that dark grey door. The things after, her mind brightened. Oh yes. Knocking wouldn’t give any damage to her, no one would hear the knock. She believed this door wouldn’t be much affected by her doing.

And it just opened.

Ok. Knocking might had really affected that thing.

I shouldn’t do this!

She regretted it, really. But there was no chance to run away. He was there already, standing at the wide opened door with a startled look. He recovered very fast though, as a too wide smile was formed next. His signature smile had this affect, like a bright sun which shoo away clouds and makes summer seems fun. There was no possibility Jung Eunji could resist over that, her beating heart was a real note, telling her that she could never run away from his brightness, and how much she liked it.

“Hey, Ji!”

Even his voice sounded like breezing wind in a sunny day, so full of energy, and sincerity. Like an invitation to play more and regret nothing. Jung Eunji had no other choices except mirroring his smile, which failed to be similarly bright. “Hi, Woohyun Sunbae …”

“Looking for Howon?”

It was understandable, his question. Looking for Howon had been her excuse for ages every time she visited this flat. However today she had to deny it and speak the truth, her always mission coming there. And, she hesitated. Their eyes still locked, his smile was still there too.

“Have you texted him before? Howon is not here, dear.”

Dear?! She now felt weak over such call. As much as she wished it was a special word for her, she completely knew such thing only existed inside her head. How could he do that to her, to everyone?

Yes, she was determined now.

Eunji shook her head, “No, sunbae.”

Her answer was short, but it was enough to startle him. Woohyun was perturbed. In his silence he studied the way she looked at him. And he found something deep on it. She has something to tell! He had a strange conclusion inside his head. He remembered a rumor. And the bravery she was working on looked so obvious. He couldn’t help but wanted to help this girl.

His smile formed again, this time was softer, and alluring more, “come in, I shouldn’t let a lady standing long outside my house.”

No! No! No! Let’s just do it here!

“Sunbae,” she grabbed his arm, an attempt which next she regretted. It might cause awkwardness.

He turned around by that. Again he was startled. “Sunggyu is inside, don’t worry. Or do you want me to call him?”

Sunggyu? What with Sunggyu sunbaenim?

She frowned next, and Woohyun realized it. There was something missing and there had to be someone who explained things—who supposed to be her.

“Aren’t you looking for him?”

It seemed his prediction wasn’t right. He learnt that from her frown. Yet he couldn’t manage a name she was looking for. If it wasn’t Hoya—who was always her best friend, there the name he could come up was only Sunggyu, the one she mentioned as her ideal type. He believed she had a crush on his leader, based on the rumor.

“No, I’m looking for you.”

And things seemed getting strange. His smile vanished, and being muted, after. A furrow was drawn between his eyebrows, me? Suddenly having this feeling, that her motive was something he was afraid of.

Jung Eunji in front of him was trying to manage her courage, he could see that, clearly. And she was slightly blushing right now. This petite girl looked like working on something hard. And it wasn’t a good sign for him.

He was an expert on this field. Yes.

“Sunbae, I … like you.”

It was confirmed.

It wasn’t new thing for Nam Woohyun, to be confessed by girls, idols or actress. He experienced this, often. And it burdened him so bad. He nearly hated himself for being too kind to people, that often ended up with misunderstanding. And he didn’t believe this Jung Eunji also fell for him.

It wasn’t that he didn’t like her. Hell, no! No one disliked this bright girl. But it wasn’t that kind of like, not the same feel she probably had right now.

Actually, he had tried to act natural in front of any girls. But he seemed out of guard. He saw this girl as ’s best friend, and the one who possibly had a special feeling towards his leader. That was why he didn’t stop being nice to her. And he regretted it now.

“Eunji-ya …”

Surprisingly, she just formed a smile to him, so petite, so weak, so understanding.

“I don’t ask for an answer, Sunbae, don’t worry. I just want to let it out. It’s really nice though,” her smile went thinner,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter