plans

jung eunji and him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

plans

 

Knock-knock!

It was a reminder, that sound. She rose up her head, looking for the clock. And it was indeed her reminder which made her smile formed thinly. She turned around, expecting his presence there. And it was him, messy hair, fainted smile, standing on the side door while mirroring her exhaustion.

“Come in!” she said before her eyes back into the box in front of her.

“I’ve prepared the dinner, but I don’t have appetite.”

The guy walked in, choosing to throw himself into her bed without any will to help her. He sighed loud, showing her how tired he was. He pulled his hands into his face, covering it for a second before sliding it behind his head.

“I don’t feel to have dinner either,” said her before looking up into him, “Have you finished?”

The guy only muttered a loud ‘um’ with another sigh, this time was much louder.

“Stop sulking!”

It wasn’t helping though. Jung Daehyun just added a clear groan for the comment his sibling just said. “I don’t understand at all!”

Eunji stood up from her place to take scissor on the wood table next to her bed, “you know I feel the same, I just .. ,” she stopped, and eyes met her twin’s.

“Trying to understand ..” he completed her sentence which finished with another sigh, which this time she copied. They then chuckled a second after, knowing each other’s feel too well.

“It’s too sudden, tsk!” said him, feeling to get up and sat crossing his legs. Both his hands were on his tights, leaning his body into it. Eunji had already back to her place, now working on the last box of her things. “Why Mom hadn’t said anything? You know if she had said it much longer before we could, at least, prepare for this...”

Eunji shook her head, “let’s just stop complaining! I think it’s been hard for her too.”

“Yeah, I know. I just, still don’t understand. I mean, if she said it before, at least, I dunno, maybe .. we could help .. on something, and lessened her burden?”

“Um, I know. But I think the best thing for now is just to accept this, with no more complaining.”

Daehyun pouted after um-ing her words. There was a pregnant silent enveloping her room. His mind traveled into somewhere, and so did hers. Her eyes locked into the frozen windows, expecting some people were angry right now, maybe hating them, resenting them. As much as she’d been startled, Eunji understood that they were way much taken aback by this sudden news.

Jung family was going to move out and it wasn’t just into another city, it was into another country, somewhere so far from Seoul, from Korea. It was a week ago, their Mom told them this sudden decision which both Eunji and Daehyun strongly disagreed. They were preparing for university entrance exam, yet they had been told that they were already accepted into a foreign university – in a foreign country. It didn’t make sense, but they knew their Mom had that strange power to make things on its way. Yet still, it wasn’t what they wanted. Both Eunji and Daehyun wanted SU, they had planned this, they had had this promise, together with certain people. They had been struggling together, studying like hell, fighting this dream together.

But their Mom, as their only parent quietly emphasized that it was final. It was hard for these kids, but when their Mom said it was final, they had no choice to even ask why. Actually, this sibling had expected the answer, but the two didn’t have any gut to say it out loud. Maybe because they thought they hadn’t matured enough, they seemed had no power to help their mother for their family issue.

“What are you thinking?”

Eunji looked up into her twin’s eyes, which she followed with ‘nothing’. “What are you thinking?”

Daehyun scoffed, “just like what you’re thinking.” Eunji moved from the floor and sat next to him, “none of them take my call. They’re such disloyal bastards!”

“At least you’ve tried, I’m not even brave to call them... What about her?”

“Nugu?”

“Bomi, of course. I called her yesterday, and we ended up crying together. I couldn’t even say anything,” she finished her line with a sigh. But she got no response after that. She looked at her sibling, who now was burying his face into his hands, which gave her an obvious answer. “I’ll try to call her again.”

Just when she was about to take her phone, it stopped buzzing. She frowned as she checked the caller, or callers. 14 calls, from them. Her smile eventually formed, the names on the screen lightened her heart.

“Dae?”

“What?”

“They call!”

_____

It had been more than 15 minutes, but no one muttered anything. They had been here, all. Eunji’s gaze locked into her cup, Daehyun’s eyes glued into his coke, and the rest apparently was doing the same, trying to kill the time, trying to sound normal, trying to not being awkward, but they all failed.

Sigh. Just then they all sighed together which invited all eyes to exchange look. And their laugh burst out loud.

“Damn! I hate this situation the most!” Kim Jongdae eventually blurted out. Eyes met Eunji’s who was still on her grin.

“This is so damn awkward! Shouldn’t you guys say something?” said Lee Howon who sat across Jung sibling.

Both Eunji and Daehyun exchanged look before the older decided to speak first, “well, you know, saying sorry is not enough ..”

“Right!”

“Never been!”

“And to be honest we were just startled as you guys. It shocked both Eunji and me. You know, there is something on my family, and Mom is having hard time. We have to run away… again,” it was too much until Daehyun realized something, “But, wait, you have been ignoring my call! Jashik! I was trying to explain this, but who have been ignoring us?!”

“We were shock Dae,” Byun Baekhyun decided to speak up. His eyes lingered into his glass. Not that ready to rise up his gaze. It hurt. He was somehow afraid to meet her eyes which he sensed was now focusing on him.

“These bastards love you so much, that they cannot think straight!” Baekhyun continued, this time he looked up into the window next to them, still trying to not meeting her eyes.

Eunji though grasped this. She sighed short. It hurt her too. Their situation was not that good. They had a big fight even before the news broke. And it worsened things. When she told him she was moving out, he didn’t say anything, two hours together only ended up with silence. Ever since being two years together, that was the worst day for them.

Eunji sensed a weight on her shoulder, she looked up and found Bomi, her best, was now leaning her head into it. Her smile formed thinly, Bomi’s arm went sliding into her arm, and Eunji cupped her best friend’s hand, breathing together with her.

Her eyes met her sibling, who now copied her faint smile while muttering an audible thanks.

“So, when you two leave?” asked Howon before sipping his coke.

“This weekend, this Saturday,” Eunji said which Jongdae followed with a groan.

“We don’t have much time! We should do something!” Howon suggested abruptly.

“What?” his eyes met Baekhyun’s.

“I don’t know. Let’s think!”

“Guys,” Kim Jongdae grinned wide, showing his unique curl into his best, and they sensed something stupid would come next, “should we drink?”

And it earned a loud sigh from the girl, and mute from the boys.

“Can we do something without that?” Yoon Bomi eventually voiced out her words. And it affected Daehyun’s heartbeat. He did long for it, for her voice. In fact she had been ignoring him the whole week. That girl even chose to sit next to Eunji, using his sibling to be her shield.

“Right, let’s not be more sober, let’s just enjoy this date. Whatever we will do,” Baekhyun said, trying to think straight. Jongdae sighed loud after that, feeling more depressed.

No one followed his sigh, they somehow sank into their own world. Maybe they were thinking of solution, of some crazy idea, basically anything so they didn’t waste their time. They only had two days left before Jung twin left the country.

And in this silence, Eunji once again tried to look for his attention, guessing what on his mind. And just then his eyes met hers. Time stopped for seconds as none of them left the gaze. Through her black eyes, Baekhyun felt the long feel she bore, and it fastened his heartbeat. He needed a distraction, he really needed to ignore her eyes but he simply couldn’t because he had already longed for it.

Damn! He cursed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter