kim - apology

jung eunji and him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before start reading, please note that this is a mere fiction, I got a sudden idea and honestly just like what you guys probably think it's indeed inspired by that olkepop poll and all the controversy we know.

So, here I present you a piece of my delusion.

apology

 

What a nice weather, it wasn’t as cold as yesterday, a bit warm to be exact. And a nice café, with a delicious coffee smell filling the room completely. Besides, he had such comfortable seat, next to the glass window on the second floor where he could see pedestrian yet he didn’t have to worry about people’s eyes. To add it all, it was a beautiful lady sitting in front of him. He’s smiling, trying to be as cool as he could although actually he was still flattered for meeting a sunbae he supposed to see next month.

She wasn’t a mere sunbae though. She’s Jung Eunji. That Jung Eunji. The one that had a certain eye smile which always sent a weird sensation inside his stomach ever since the first time he saw it years ago. Weird, true.

Well, formally, they would be introduced next month through a certain program which had been receiving an endless love from Korean citizen. A program where he would be given such right to see her more often, to talk to her, to sing with her, to laugh for her, to … hold her hand, to … hug her, to … be the closest man next to her. It was only a television program, a scripted show, he clearly noted this, however no one could stop him having this tingling sensation even when the program hadn’t started yet.

“Jin-ssi,” finally, she spoke.

After placing down her coffee she lifted her chin and looked at him for the first time after their short greeting.

“Yes?”

She’s smiling, thinly. It didn’t show him her popular eye smile but it was enough to sooth him.

“I … I’m really sorry.”

For what?

It didn’t sound good, the next words were. He felt his heartbeat fastened for hearing such words coming from her lips. And she looked truly sorry for that. She felt it, his disappointment. But later he knew she preferred coming with honesty than keeping it secret from everyone, including him.

 

So, she told him everything behind that apology.

_____

“What?!” her eyebrows curled over learning news her CEO brought to her.

Chuckling as if thinking her reaction was understandable. She’s going for a new program anyway, and it’s longer than any program she had ever had.

“Yes, Eunji-ya, we just sign you a contract with MBC.”

“Sajangnim, what are you talking about?”

She’s truly flustered. Her heartbeat raced, getting faster for each second. To be honest she was so excited when her manager told her she would be a regular cast for a national program, but her excitement all vanished when she knew what program it was. This couldn’t be happened. No, she couldn’t go for that program.

“Why not?” this time her CEO was the one who frowned.

She had said she didn’t want to go. She made sure also that she couldn’t go. However the reason had to be sealed.

“Tell me why not,” the CEO obviously wouldn’t let her go just because she said no.

Eunji looked away, it was surely not easy.

“Eunji, you know, If you don’t speak, I cannot help it either.” He said, sounded a bit cold than the previous one.

Eunji knew it well. This CEO’s way of speaking, his voice, his intonation, all his gesture when he handled stuff regarding works. And Eunji was surely part of work.

And she also knew, to win all of this was nothing but spilling the fact. So, she uttered it, “I … am dating, someone right now.”

Just like what she had predicted, he’s immediately piercing his eyes, the curl on his forehead was shown. It was definitely new for him as she never told anyone except her members, not even her manager. It had been almost a year, but she still stick to the plan, telling no one until it’s really necessary, like this one.

The air of course turned cold just by a mere of second.

Eunji’s sure she didn’t have to repeat her sentence seeing her CEO’s reaction. He’s in middle of thinking, considering, she knew.

After some more seconds, he then heaved deep, leaning his body on his chair, and finally spoke, “this is a good opportunity Eunji, you know it too. You have to think of your group first before yourself.”

She couldn’t believe what she just heard that she automatically asked him to repeat what he just said.

“I’m sure you know already, this program is like a gate for more opportunities. New dramas, new CFs, even new programs, you and the group will easily get it.”

“Sajangnim, did you just tell me to break up?”

Jung Eunji was surely one of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter