myungsoo - her

jung eunji and him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

her

 

There is a girl in simple floral dress standing right in front of the huge opened wooden door, she seems a little bit lost, though, looks adorable with that clueless expression. Looking here, looking there as if there are no people she knows, as if she steps some unknown place. Or does she really that clueless? Wait, I think I know that face. Isn’t that the hype girl Jung Eunji? Oh right, she’s Howon’s bestie, why I don’t remember her?

Does she come by herself? Why she looks like a lost kid? Where’s her other friends? And why you even bother it Kim Myungsoo?

Just as I want to leave her figure, she looks at me. And it’s so strange that she suddenly smiles with—I don’t know—maybe, some overload happiness? What is wrong with her? Does she always act that way to anyone. Ok, I’m not anyone,  we know each other, she visits my apartment sometimes, she talks to my members often, but it doesn’t mean we’re close enough to share that kind of smile to one another. She now walks —towards me? Impossible.

Being not sure, I ignore her eyes and look back to my empty table. Then, I think her dress suits her, for this sort of occasion it does look simple, yet not too simple, it’s just right. It somehow shines on her. And her new bang, she definitely looks more beautiful with that. Did I just admit she’s beautiful? No, she’s indeed beautiful, I know that. I clearly remember how Woohyun and Sunggyu hyung keeps praising her natural beauty. Maybe Naeun is their visual but I agree that Eunji has something special. Something which makes people admire her more. And why me doing this too now?

“Sunbaenim,” she greets me. And I’m right, she does smile at me the whole time even though I still don’t understand why she did that, even though, yeah, I don’t give her the same smile. Hey, don’t blame me, I wasn’t sure before.

“Annyonghassaeyo,” being stupid I am, I use formality to her and it immediately shut her smile.

What? Did she expect me to say ‘annyong’? Is ‘annyonghassaeyo’ wrong? I feel she seems disappointed with that. It makes her nodding awkwardly to me and replies my stupid greeting the same way.

“Can I sit here?” she then points the empty seat next to me.

Oh right, before she came I was sitting alone in this round table. And guess where I am! The answer would be the strangest answer I can give. I’m currently sitting in someone’s party, or wedding party to be exact in the city that so far from Seoul where people using strange dialect. Yes, I’m in a stupid schedule of attending a wedding party of someone I don’t even know. Manager Hyung only told me the groom is an important person for my group’s life. And no one of Infinte members  can’t attend this event except the jobless Infinite L and that’s exactly me. I decided to just follow him and came here with the empty mind. And here I met her, with a wide smile as if we’re long-life friend. Am I too much to act like this?

“Alright, then,”

I frown as she ready to leave. Wait, she asked me something about—right, sitting here. Argh, me being stupid again.

“Wait, Eunji-ssi,” I immediately stop her, “of course you can sit here,” me says too quickly which then inviting her smile back. Shoot! That smile suits her well.

Just as I gave her my permission she takes the seat right next to me. Then I have this sudden thought, isn’t she afraid people will misunderstand us? I mean, we’re famous enough to make people leer at us in suspision. Well, I believe young and old people are just same, it doesn’t matter even though I barely see young people here, old generation can equally harm us. And this nerve wraps me immediately. I gaze at her, to guess what her thought, at least eyes will tell me something.

“I’m so happy to meet Sunbaenim here,” she bluntly says even before our eyes meet and greet each other.

O—kay.

I’m just out of guard. First, she smiled at me so wide the moment her eyes caught my presence. Second, she dared to ask my aproval to sit next to me. And third, she said so straight-forward about being happy seeing me. Did she just confess to me? Or maybe she had said this before? Do I miss something? If it does, then what is it? Why she’s here with me?

“Why?” unconciously that stupid question flew out from my mind. And contrary to my blankness, she looks ready to answer my question.

“Why I’m happy to meet you?” she makes my question clear, and I don’t need a second to nod, “because I can meet someone I know in this place,” she adds some chuckle and blame me for frowning over that, “honestly, Sunbaenim, even though I’ve been living in this city since ages I don’t know what should I do here. This is my first time attending a stranger’s wedding party. I know no one here and —”

She talks a lot, and I keep watching the way she explains this and that. She’s cute. True, I admit that. Never, I expect a member of girl group talking this freely to the seemingly cold guy like me. Not that I hate it, I just don’t use to it. I mean, they are usually being awkward and shy near me and this girl, is she an exception? Isn’t she feel afraid of me? I don’t know.

She keeps explaining how she got here using taxi from her house and being lost some blocks from this building because her mother told her a wrong address. I have to slyly grin for that. Why wouldn’t I when she looks this adorable. And there is something which caught my attention, her unfluent Seoul accent makes her looking even more adorable.

“This is our first time talking like this, right, Sunbaenim?”

She suddenly looks at me, and I can merely blink for that question. I’ve said that she was so straight-forward, have I? Does she just read my mind?

“I think, yes,” I’m being honest, challenging her. And she let out  a thin smile which I can describe she feels shy right now.

Why I just met her today? Why I don’t know her long ago? I mean we know each other since, I’m not sure, maybe about three years ago, yet why I don’t know this side of her? Have I been too arrogant this long period?

“I’m sorry for being rude,” she adds. And slowly she ignores my eyes. Wait, why?

“I don’t think that way. It’s just strange at first,” I explained. I don’t know why exactly, but I want she to not thinking that way. There is such urge to not letting her being silent. I want to hear her voice more. “Right, I thought it’s strange at first. But it’s getting better. Don’t feel that way. I’m okay, I like it,”

What? Why? She just looks at me –strangely, as if I said something in foreign language. Or as if I said something ridiculously unfunny joke. Or as if I just confessed to her. Wait. That couldn’t be.

“No, I mean. I like having friend here. Look, I was sitting alone before, I don’t know anyone, then you came and I do enjoy watching you talking so much. And giggling all along –wait. That’s not what I want to say. I —” I have to stop talking because I just made everything worse.

She chuckles soon, and it slowly becomes laugh. She laughes and I want to burry my face. Stupid Kim Myungsoo just ruins my life.

“Don’t worry Sunbaenim. I would never misunderstand your words,” she says after the long laugh. Again she looks at me, still with the wide smile. I’m sure she has the power to slowly kill me with that smile. “I know that it’s too ‘dangerous’ to sit here with you, talking all along as if we’re long-life friend, as if I was talking to Howon oppa. But then, I told myself. Let people judge it by them self. I chose to sit here with you than being a dumb clueless girl with no friend in this strange place.”

It’s so strange that she just answered all my question in one shot. Not to forget that I don’t even mutter it to her. She’s so unexpected. Jung Eunji, who exactly are you? Again, I’m being unsure.

“So, you and Hoya .. are both of you that .. close?”

Again I gaze into her eyes, strangely being curious about this  topic. I know that she’s Hoya’s friend, yet somehow I feel slightly irk by the why she calls him oppa while she called me sunbaenim. Ok, blame me for using formality to her in the first place.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter