Horseback Riding

In the Shadows {Sequel to The Innocent Girl}

Anonymous POV

I walk into the jail and ask the woman at the front to speak to Krystal. She gives me a sign in book and I write my name down before she takes me to a window and tells me to wait. A few minutes later, Krystal is sitting in front of me. "Hey." She smiles at me.

"Hey to you too." I smile back. "How are they treating you here?"

"Terrible! I hate it here..."

"No one likes jail..."

"You know what I mean..." She groans and looks back at the guard that is watching her before whispering to me. "Can you hurry up and get rid of B-Joo and his annoying group of friends?"

"I'm working on B-Joo right now." I point out. "As for his friends..."

"What's wrong?"

"Hansol has disappeared."

"He's as human as we are, meaning he can't do magic! If he's not in Seoul, then he's in another part of Korea. If not Korea, somewhere in the world."

"Are you seriously going to ask us to scower the world to find him?"

"Please?"

"Fine, but only because you're my sister." I smile.

"Thanks, Jessica." Krystal smiled as the guard told her she had to go back to her cell. "Keep me updated."

"I will." I nod, watching her leave.

B-Joo's POV

"Why are you two here?" I ask P-Goon and Seogoong. I thought I would have today to myself since I told Xero to spend some time with Jenissi without worrying about me. But clearly, that's not going to happen with these two here.

"Xero doesn't trust you to be alone, so we're here to drag you out with us." P-Goon explained. "Get into some sweats, we're going horseback riding."

"Why horseback riding?"

"Because that's what our families were supposed to do together today, but then Xero called me and asked me to watch after you." Seogoong explains. "And I thought about dragging P-Goon hyung into it since I was going to see him anyway."

"Still don't appreciate that, by the way." P-Goon pointed out. I sighed, knowing that they wouldn't leave me alone. So, I went upstairs and changed into the sweat pants that P-Goon had suggested. When I came down, I was happy to know that I didn't walk into another kissing session. They were just talking. Well, more like arguing, but still.

"Lets go." I call to them with irritation since I didn't want to go. They look at me and nod, heading out of the house. After locking the door, I get into P-Goon's car and we drive off to the stables where we meet their parents.

"Nice to see you, Byungjoo." P-Goon's mom smiled at me.

"Nice to see you too, Mrs. Park." I bow to her and look at P-Goon who gives me a helmet and tells me to follow him into the stables where the horses and kept. There's a girl about Jenissi and P-Goon's age, giving some hay to the horses to eat.

"Um, our friend is new here." P-Goon starts. The girl looks at me and smiles sweetly.

"I see... I'll get you a more gentle horse then." She says, walking away from us to look for a horse for me.

"You'll be in good hands, don't worry." Seogoong assures me. P-Goon nods. "We'll meet you outside after you get your horse, okay?" I nod and the two of them leave the stables. Suddenly, I get a text.

You better not get on that horse, you'll be in danger if you do

Your Guardian Angel

I let out a sigh of annoyance since this stalker was beginning to annoy me. "Here you are." The girl came back. "This is Midnight, he's the most gentle thing ever." Midnight was a really dark shade of black that you could barely see his eyes. I guess that's why his name is Midnight.

"Thank you." I smile at her and pull the horse outside with me before getting on. I hear the girl's voice talking to someone though. She's talking to a girl named Jessica. Before I'm out of earshot, I hear the girl that is named Jessica say thank you to her and manage to catch her name. Seohyun.

"Hurry up." Seogoong calls to me. I notice that he's waiting for me with his horse and P-Goon is already on his horse, waiting for us. He helps me climb on to Midnight before climbing on to his own horse. After a quick lesson on how to control the horse, we start riding.

I have to admit, it's fun. Sort of like a car, but you can actually go on grass and the road with a horse, which also gives the advantage of going up to streams of lakes that you couldn't normally go up to with cars. But, at one point, Midnight stopped listening to me. He ran in the opposite direction that P-Goon and Seogoong were going. "Hyungs!" I tried to call to them, but they were too far to hear me, so I tried to get control of Midnight again. No use. He just kept going and soon I could see a cliff right in frotn of us. Why didn't I just listen to that text? I think to myself, the fear hitting me harder as Midnight ran faster, making the cliff that much closer. Closing my eyes, I prepared myself to plumit into who knows what is at the bottom of that cliff.

Before we fell though, there was a slapping sound which I assumed was on the ground. Opening my eyes again, I see another rider on a white horse. By the body structure, I could tell it was a guy, but I couldn't see his face. He held a whip with one hand and the reins of his horse with the other hand. And he was whipping ground right before the edge of the clif which luckily scared Midnight enough that he turned the other way. Unfortunately though, he turned around so suddnly and so fast that it threw me off of him.

I hit the ground hard and groaned with pain before getting up. The other rider got off his horse and approached me. "Are you alright?" I could see that he was fit and wearing all white to match his horse nicely. But, he was wearing a mask so I couldn't see his face. The only thing I could see were his eyes.

"Yeah... Who are you?" I ask, wanting to properly thank him for saving my life.

"Your guardian angel." He replied. "Listen to me from now on, okay? I'm on your side, but I can't help you if you don't trust me." With that said, he got back on his horse.

"Wait, can I get a ride? My friends left already."

"Don't worry, I texted them." He assures me before riding off into the woods. Just as he said, P-Goon and Seogoong came back, looking at me worriedly.


A/N: A longer chapter to say "thank you for the comments." Please keep commenting though~