Caged Flood

In the Shadows {Sequel to The Innocent Girl}

"If I'm right..." Jenissi starts. "We have about ten minutes to get out of here before we're completely drowned."

"Ten minutes?" We all exclaim at him.

"Look how fast the water is flowing in here!" He retorts. "And unless we get out of here, we'll be joining Hansol in no time!"

"That actually doesn't sound so bad, Jenissi hyung..." I point out, earning me a glare from everyone in the cage with me. I knew they wanted to see Hansol again as much as I did, but this is not the way they wanted to see him.

"Ignoring B-Joo..." Kidoh starts. "What are we going to do to get out of here?"

"There's the door that we came in from." Yano points out. "But, it's too high for any of us."

"Alone." I add. "It's too high for any of us alone. But... If we get on each other's shoulders, maybe we can reach it."

"Good idea, B-Joo." P-Goon agreed and then gave me a weird look. "Never thought I would say that in my life."

"Agreed." Everyone else agrees. I roll my eyes at them, feeling the water already at the bridge that connects my feet to my ankles.

"Just hurry up." I look at Nakta and Gohn who are the tallest amongst all of us. "The rest of us will look for another way out, okay?" The others nod as Nakta helps Gohn on to his shoulders. I saw that Gohn had reached the handle of the door, but he couldn't push it open without going on his tiptoes. And as soon as he did that, it hit Nakta's nerve in the shoulder which made him lose balance and fall. Naturally, Gohn fell on top of him and the two were groaning with pain on the ground. "Are you two okay?" I ask, helping Gohn off of Nakta.

"Other than my shoulder, we're fine..." Nakta assures before glaring at Gohn. "Thank you very much, Gohn." He said this part in a heavy sarcasm.

"It wasn't my fault! Who's the one who slipped?" Gohn retorts.

"Guys, stop arguing!" P-Goon yells at them, making them stop the argument. "Anyway, we found a door, but it's not exactly reachable..."

"If only we had that guardian angel of B-Joo's..." V commented.

"Can't you contact him?" Seogoong asks.

"How am I supposed to do that? He texts me from an unknown number!" I remind him. Now the water was up to my shoulders and I couldn't swim! Xero had one arm around me while wimming with his other arm. I looked up and saw that the top of the cage was getting closer to us. Soon, we would be drowning.

There was a knock at the door that we had found and then a voice. "Are you guys in there?" It was Say.

"We are." Xero calls back. "Hurry up! B-Joo can't hold on much longer!" I looked back up at the top of the cage and now it was only an inch or two above us. Xero looked up with me to save the air that he had. "Hurry! We can only go a minute or two!"

"Speak for yourself! I can't..." And the water hit me. I tried to hold my breath, but I couldn't hold it as long as the others could. I never had to since I usually didn't go swimming with them. I feel my eyes getting heavier as the oxygen from my lungs is slowly leaving me. Before I black out completely, I can feel Xero shaking me with his one hand. He was worried about me. Finally... I thought, feeling a non-existent weight being lifted off my shoulders. I get to see you again, my friend.


A/N: Don't be down, this isn't the end of it! Just had to make that cliffhanger! Do you guys think B-Joo will see Hansol again before being conscious? Or, do you want that to happen? Let me know~