B-Joo's New Love

In the Shadows {Sequel to The Innocent Girl}

B-Joo's POV

"Appa, eomma." I hug them lightly so they could still cough out everything."

"He saved us..." My mom said. I looked to the white figure that was coughing more hysterically than them. He held a slightly burnt box and was pretty badly burned by the looks of it.

But this time, it wasn't only him. A figure wearing all black helped our guardian angel up. When he turned to face us, we saw that he had a black mask on too. "Who are you?" I ask the black figure. Unlike our guardian angel, he takes off his mask, revealing that it was Jenissi.

"Jenissi?" Xero questions, stepping forward a bit, making the older look away from him and back to his companion that was getting his breath back now. Xero looked down to the ground sadly, understanding that Jenissi didn't want to talk to him right now.

"Jenissi hyung... What are you doing with him?" I ask. "He's not our friend..."

"You're wrong, B-Joo... And, since when did you believe what Jessica has to say?"

"Since when did you start spying on me?" I ask in return.

"Since i joined him..." Jenissi answers, looking at the white figure with white mask standing beside him. "B-Joo! He saved your parents from the fire! He's on our side!"

"How do you know that he isn't the one who started the fire in the first place?" I retort, still not believing in the supposed guardian angel.

"Because he's..." Jenissi was cut off by the other putting his hand up in front of his mouth.

"Jenissi, stop." He ordered, making us all look at him. "I told you, I didn't want his trust. I don't want Xero's either or any of theirs..." He doesn't want our trust? I thought. Then, why? Why else could he be going out of his way to help us out?

"Guys, out of the way." I heard a feminine voice call. Looking over, I see Hayana with a hose in her hand. It was attached to a nearby fire hydrant. All of us moved out of the way and she turned it on, spraying the fire out with Jenissi's help. He had gone to the neighbour's hose and turned it on, getting the flames on the side of the house. Other than the ruined remains, it was as if the fire had never happened. My things... I thought with horror. Some of those things were irreplaceable, like the pictures I had with Hansol.

Without a word, the guardian angel came up to me and handed me a box. There was the photo album of me and Hansol. It was burned slightly, but other than that, it was fine. He went back to get this? I thought, looking up at him. Why? He could've just gotten out with my dad, but instead... He got this for me? "Why did you get this?"

"It was out and looking inside, I saw that it was an album of you and Hansol. I knew you would be upset if anything happened to that, so I found your dad and helped him to the front door before going back and saving that." He explains. "Sorry about letting it burn a little... When I found it, it was perfectly fine."

"Why? Do you realize you could have been killed?" I yell at him. He snickered at me.

"Now you care about me?" He asks. "A moment ago, you didn't even trust me!" I couldn't deny that. It was true. But, I looked over the situation and I guess I was wrong about him. "I'm fine, relax..." Looking over him though, I saw that there was a trail of blood coming down his arm. Probably the fire had torn a lot more skin there than anywhere else.

"You're not fine." I argue, ripping a piece of my sleeve of off and wiped the blood away from his arm. I felt his eyes on me as I worked. I don't know why, but the thought of him watching me made me blush. After cleaning his arm, I ripped off a piece of my other sleeve, wrapping it around his injured arm. "Give that arm proper treatment soon, okay?"

"Sure..." He nods. "Why do you care though?"

"Because you've been saving me for almost a month now! And now.. You saved my family and got one of the most precious things to me... I guess I've fallen for you..." I say honestly. He smiles slightly, but then frowns at me.

"Don't fall for me any further, I'll only end up hurting you..."

"What?" I ask. I was going to ask what he meant, but...

"B-Joo!" I heard someone call me. Looking over my shoulder, I see the rest of the guys coming towards me, looking at the house with shock. "Are you okay?" P-Goon asks. I nod.

"I came home from work, alongside Xero who I ran into on my way back. But, he saved my family and even the box." They knew that the box had pictures of me and Hansol, so I didn't need to be specific. But, something was bugging me. "Why are you guys here?"


A/N: We're close to the big revealation! Are you guys excited?