Because of You

In the Shadows {Sequel to The Innocent Girl}

Lucky for us that we got there before B-Joo had. The receptionist gave us the key to the room and we thanked her just as B-Joo walked into the lobby of the hotel. "What are you guys doing here?" He demanded, glaring at me.

"Come stay with me... That's the safest place for you!"

"Unless you're working with them too..."

"B-Joo!" I exclaim with shock. I had never thought that he would call me out for being against them. "If I was really out to get you, I would have! I would have a long time ago instead of playing this game with you."

"Then why did you?"

"Because I care!" I retort. "I'm not giving you this key for the same reason!" He takes the key from me and heads off to the elevator. "B-Joo, wait!" I call after him, following him to the elevator. Lucky that I had caught it with him.

"Just leave me alone!"

"I would if you were safe, but you're not!"

"Well, I don't need you, okay? I can take care of myself!" With that said, we heard the ding of the elevator, signalling that we were on the floor that we were going to get off at. B-Joo exited first as I followed behind him.

"Yeah, right..." I say with sarcasm, taking the key from him. "You need me, B-Joo and you know it!" I was going to walk back to the elevator, but a maid from housekeeping bumped into me, hard. That caused me to fall backwards, a few steps away from B-Joo and the maid. But, that was exactly where the trap was! A bladed hook cut my ankle and hooked on to some skin before catching on to the carpeted floor. Letting out a scream of pain, I fell to my knees, crying with pain as B-Joo called out my name repeatedly in hysteria. I felt blood trickle down my ankle and then a soft cloth being wrapped around the ankle to stop the bleeding.

"Hang in there, Hansol... I'm getting you to the hospital." I felt the pressure from my ankle lessen and I knew the hook wasn't attached to the carpet anymore. Next, I feel B-Joo lift me up bridal style and carry me back to the elevator. "Try to sleep, it will help the pain." I nod slightly, closing my eyes to force myself to sleep as he took me to the hospital.

When i woke up, I saw that I was in a hospital bed. B-Joo was right beside me. "You're finally awake." He smiles gently at me.

"What happened?"

"You got surgery on your ankle." He tells me, motioning with his head to some crutches that the hospital had given me. "And... Thank you, for risking your life for me again."

"Whatever..." I look away, closing my eyes again.

"Why though? Why do you keep doing it?"

"Because of you." I answer with my eyes closed. "B-Joo, I've loved you since junior high school. Everything I've done since then was all for you! And besides..." I open my eyes to look at him. "We had a promise, didn't we?" He looked at me with shock.

"But you..." He started. "You destroyed the necklace..." I took out the necklace that was hidden under my hospital gown. I was surprised that he hadn't noticed it since he brought me here.

"Are you stupid? I could never destroy it... Its the most precious thing to me... Other than all of you and my family, of course."

"Then... What was...?"

"A copy I had my mom make. Both our moms are jewellers, remember? She made it for me and I destroyed the copy, not the original."

"Hansol..." B-Joo started, but a nurse came in and smiled at me.

"Oh, you're awake." I nod and she gives me some paperwork since I was old enough to do it myself. "Just fill it out and you can go home." I nod again and fill out the paperwork before B-Joo hands me my clothes and leaves me to change. After changing, I get the crutches and walk... Hop with him to the car. Jenissi was waiting for us at the parking lot and I realized that he had driven us here in the first place.

He drove us back to my house where everyone crowded around me when they saw me. They were all concerned and I smiled at them. "I'm okay, everyone... I just want to be alone right now, please?" They agreed and headed home as I got help from my parents to go up the stairs and into my room where I let myself fall on the bed carefully. I was tired and just needed to rest. Soon enough, I found myself fast asleep once again.


A/N: Okay, you can't have surgery with jewelry on, but it's a fanfic, so no one bash on me for that, please. I know you can't have surgery with jewelry since I have gotten so many surgeries... I have one next month too... Oh, joy... Anyway, so I'm trying to finish this as quickly as possible because of that and it's almost done! Thank you for everyone who has supported me. The next chapter is gonna be on Christmas eve because it's a Christmas special~