Who is He? 2

In the Shadows {Sequel to The Innocent Girl}

Jessica's POV

"I can't believe they actually escaped!" I exclaim to the girls. They look at me symathetically. "How did they escape?"

"Look for yourself." They showed me the footage from the camera that was installed at the roof of the room. It showed the room filling up with water before the door was burnt a little. Through the hole, I saw a hand reach in through the water that was draining out and opening the door. As soon as the mysterious hand opened the door, all the water flooded out of the room, making the guys fall to the floor and coughing hysterically for air. Except one.

"Well, at least B-Joo died in that." I smile.

"Uh, no he didn't..." Seohyun tells me, making me look back at the video. She was right, that mysterious hero of theirs was giving B-Joo CPR! In the end, B-Joo came too, coughing out the rest of the water that the mysterious hero did not get rid of from his lungs. I was really angry with this person.

"Who is he?" I scream with anger.

"Calm down and watch the rest." Yoona told me. I took a deep breath and let it out before watching the rest. He told the group that this was a puzzle. A puzzle? This is a game for him? I thought. We just have to think of someone that they know who likes games, but who could that be?

Anonymous POV

I get home and strip out of all the white clothes, putting on a more comfortable pair of black pants with a loose light blue shirt. And then, I took off the mask. Something I could only do at home or with the girls since I didn't want to risk those guys finding out who I really am. Looking at the mirror in my room, I compared it to how I looked a year ago. Not much has changed except my hair colour that is back to being the natural black colour it always had been before the hair dye I used to impress my crush at the time. They said I looked really good, but nothjng else. That told me that they weren't into me that way, so I didn't press it any further. I wonder what would have happened if I had though. It wouldn't matter. I conclude in my head. Things would still be how they are now... The ringing of the doorbell caught my attention, making me go down the stairs and peek out the window. It was the pizza guy. I opened the door and handed him the money as he handed me the pizza. "Thank you." I thank him as he walks back to his car. Closing and locking the door back up, I went into the living room to pull up a movie to watch as I ate my pizza. The movie was in halfway when vague flashbacks came into my head. Flashbacks about the last time I had watched this movie. With an old friend... Shaking my head to clear the images from my mind, going to do my homework, but my phone rang. Picking it up, I saw that it was Say. "Hello?"

"Hey, we have a problem..."

"What is it?" I ask, getting out the work with my other hand and looking it over.

"The guys aren't the only ones trying to figure out who you are... Jessica knows you set them free and she's furious. Her and her friends are also trying to find out who you are."

"And... How is this a problem exactly?" I ask but then think of something. "Better question is how do you know that?"

"I work for her now. That way, I can keep a tab on B-Joo as well." She explained. "And when she was in the bathroom or somewhere, I found footage from the room, showing that you helped them. Even saved B-Joo's life! And then, she heard you say that figuring out who you are is a puzzle."

"Relax, okay?" I advise her. "The guys will for sure figure it out because they have the biggest hint. Well, unless B-Joo threw it away and the girls have it now." I explain. "And, if the guys aren't smart enough to figure it out, then those girls aren't either. I'm not making this easy on any of them."

"I know... You always did like a good game."

"Yes, I did and still do."

"Good that you haven't changed even if your heart has darkened."

"Yeah..." I agree. "Say, I'm doing homework right now. We'll talk later, okay?"

"Sure, I have to go back to work anyway. Bye." She hung up the phone and I turned off my phone before starting my work. Unless they saw my face or the biggest hint, no one would have guessed that it was me.


A/N: Well, here's another hint for you guys that the guys didn't get! Our mystery hero, though a good guy, has a dark heart. Who could it be? I wonder...