The Job

In the Shadows {Sequel to The Innocent Girl}

Leave it to Xero to make me go shopping with him. I don't know why Jenissi isn't complaining. Maybe because he would really do anything with Xero. But not me. I didn't want to shop right now. "Where do we go first?" I ask.

"Your pick." Xero smiles at me. "Since we came here for you."

"Then can we go?"

"B-Joo..." Xero started. "You used to love shopping.

"Yeah, no kidding." Jenissi adds. That was way back when. Hansol and I always used to go shopping and now... Now it just wasn't the same. "This is about Hansol, isn't it?"

"Yeah..." I nod. "Hansol and I used to go shopping... It's not the same with you guys. I'm sorry, but it really isn't."

"B-Joo, do you..." Xero started, but then stopped, probably deciding that it wasn't a good idea to ask.

"What?"

"Nevermind... It could trigger a nerve."

"Say it, Xero."

"Fine..." Xero sighed. "Do you love Hansol? More than a friend?" Jenissi looked at me for an answer and I nod.

"I realized that I love him when he came to my house to show me that Krystal was a bad girl. He had video and even a recording from your phone." I look at Jenissi when saying that before looking away again. "But, I didn't believe him. He got angry at me and said that he loves me before he kissed me. That's when I realized that I loved him back too. But..."

"It was too late." Xero finished. "He left the next day." I nod in sadness. "B-Joo, we're sorry. We really are. But, you have to let go of him. For now, just let him go. When he comes back, we'll talk about it, okay?"

"If he comes back." Jenissi corrected.

"If he comes back." Xero agrees.

"I'll try, you guys."

"Lets start by getting you out of the house more. That way, you won't be upset all the time." Xero suggested. As that was said, we came up to what appeared as a new store in the mall. "Why don't you get a job?"

"A job here?" I ask. Xero nods. I look around for someone to talk to about a job, but there doesn't seem to be anyone around. "Good idea, but there isn't anyone around to ask for a job."

"Hello? Is anyone here?" Jenissi calls into the store. A girl that appears to be a little bit older than him comes out and looks at us. "Hi, our friend would like a job here." She looked at Xero but he looked at me, telling her that they were talking about me.

"Well, I'm the manager, so come and talk to me inside."

"Okay." I nod, following her into the shop. She asked me the basic questions since I didn't have a resume on me at the moment. I must have seemed appealing to her because she told me to come back on Monday with a resume if I wanted the job.

"What did she say?" Xero asks excitedly once I come out of the store.

"She said that if I come back with a resume on Monday, I can have the job." I asnwer as my phone buzzes in my pocket, telling me I have a new text message. Pulling it out from my pocket, I look at the ID. Surprisingly, it's unknown. I open it anyway though.

Don't take the job, she's bad news

Your Guardian Angel

I blink at the text in confusion. My guardian angel? I think to myself before showing Jenissi and Xero the text. They look at each other before looking back at me. "Ignore it, it's probably a practical joke." Jenissi tells me. Xero agrees.

"Plus, that's a little creepy." Xero points out. "Sounds more like a stalker since a guardian angel wouldn't text you."

"Yeah, you guys are right." I nod, pocketting my phone once again.


A/N: Okay, that's all the updates for now. Comment please? Or I won't update for a long time!